• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Story About the Mainstreaming of AR-15s.

WaltHer

Felipe Forevuh
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
hillbilluns, montucky
You just have to cut through the liberal commentary. My first AR was a neutered Bushmaster XM15 and it was the most accurate one with lightweight bullets I owned.

Reactions: AMGtuned
You just have to cut through the liberal commentary. My first AR was a neutered Bushmaster XM15 and it was the most accurate one with lightweight bullets I owned.

Mine was a ban era bushy to. Bought in late 00.

Mine had a 1:9 twist fluted barrel and Houge free-float handguard and would keep 55gr and 62gr at <2moa. Should have kept it as my new rifles demand 65+gr for that level of accuracy.

Reactions: M4orturnate
^^^In the day, that was tight shit. The guy I sold mine to added the flat-top upoer and replaced the A2 sight post, threaded the barrel for a suppressor. Still shoots amazing with Black Hills 77gr or 60 gr VMax

I had an early '90s 24" XM15 that they "flatopped" by cutting off the carry handle and screwing on a rail.
I have an upper just like that with triangular handguards in my safe. Came on an essential arms preban lower I bought.

Last edited:
I started with a pre ban bushy 16” with a Acog and can

Dispatched a lot of guilty animals with that.

Oh and a gen3 pvs 4. Lol

I started with a pre ban bushy 16” with a Acog and can

Dispatched a lot of guilty animals with that.

Oh and a gen3 pvs 4. Lol
I would STILL run that! Lol.

FYI; Windham has made an announcement that they're coming back. As and by who, I do not know.

Eta: sent to me by my brother;
IMG_20231125_153703.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Yeah, they are trying to blame Dyke for Sandy Hook. Others have implied that Dyke sold Bushmaster to get away from lawsuits. That is horseshit.

My boss has an AR-15 from WW. He turned me on to them, primarily because of Dyke's quality before and now. Granted, my boss is a good shot and he did make money on a bet. Popped a balloon in the wind at 850 yards.

So, then I got the WW Dissipator M4 A3. Hand to heart, I transferred at DFW Gun Club, walked from the counter into the range. Loaded a magazine. First time to fire, it had a combat zero from the factory. 25 yards, on the crosshairs.

Later, when I wanted an AR-10, I got the R16SFST-308. Good at putting on in the crosshairs at 100 yards. I had changed that telescoping stock to a Magpul PRS Gen III stock.

I have hunted hogs in the day with the M4 A3. My next step is to night hunt and I would like to use my AR-10 for that.

Also, it was not the Bushmaster or Dyke who killed the kids. It was a messed up sicko who somehow was allowed to have access to his mother's weapons.

So, the logic of the article is confusing. First the gun is responsible. Then video games. And then, finally, Dyke for making a weapon that operates like other weapons did if the first quarter of the last century, such as the Brown BAR series.

Last edited:
Liberal logic often fails to impress the critical thinker. But the history lesson re: Bushie and WW was interesting. Plus it's interesting to see how the libs select their political boogeymen.

My first was a Colt SP1. No brass deflector, no forward assist. I bought it in 1981 for something like $250. After the sale was complete, the guy behind the counter said it had been there for about 5 years and he was happy to have it gone. Had I realized that, I might have struck a better bargain. I bet he doesn't have any AR's on his shelf for 5 years anymore.

I shot the shit out of that rifle. Many thousands of rounds.

About 1998, I traded it straight across for a Bushmaster A2 with a heavy barrel AND an L1A1 that is a bit shorter than most I have seen. That guy got what he considered a valuable relic and I got what I considered superior weapons. I really liked that A2 but I sold it to a nephew during the COVID bullshit. I will probably never sell the L1A1. I have other AR's.