• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Interesting Trend I'm Seeing with Approvals

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I'm a Class III dealer. I'm experiencing approvals that come with a bonus.

Guys, or gals for that matter, who have been waiting the long wait are getting approved, and then the next day their subsequent submissions show up as well, some of which are only a couple months old!

I believe that once they have an approval, they are looking deeper into the pile (database) and if that approved transferee has others pending, that have not been in the system as long, they are approving them as well and mailing them all out to get them out of the workload. SMART !

And it will decrease the overall backlog and improve times dramatically.

ENJOY.

-- Taylor

I just had a Form 4 can from last April approved and the stamp showed up 3-2. I have 4 more Form 4’s (1 SBR and 3 cans) in the pipe from Sept to early Nov.

It would be nice, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Reactions: cmoore806
    I had this happen to me as well, one can for over a year, same time as a 4 monther

I just had one approved and have one that should be released in a couple of months. Than I have 5 more looking at 10 months in jail. I will be extremely happy if they all get released in a timely manner, but I will not hold my breath.

Reactions: RS14
    I just had one back in 7 months out then the next day one from 9 months out. Both customers were happy it wasnt 12 months lol

Got one back a couple weeks ago for a can I purchased on Black Friday. Still waiting for one I purchased in Jun’19. So yeah, hoping these speedier times aren’t a fluke.

I have one with check cashed back in August. Saw a deal on a Sandman K the other day and didn't feel like waiting. Now re-thinking that if this pans out...

While I was in my LGS last night buying a mythical Ultra 9 that was in stock, they had a graph of the wait times from the last year or some and there’s a big drop from 10+ months to 2 to 4 months approvals starting late last year. It looks like cans are starting to come back faster. I’ll be pissed if my Ultra 9 gets out before my 22TD I put in jail back in august lol

Got three more in yesterday for one Trust. April were the oldest two submissions, then they reached into August and pulled a submission along with it. This trend, if it keeps up, will cause the PILE of pendings to decrease and maybe speed things up a bit in the distant future.

• Love
    Reactions: Darqusoull13
    Called on my June F4 and was sold still pending. Might need to buy another to feel good about wait times.

• Haha
    Reactions: Enough Said
    Shit man. As soon as I cross the border into Texas from California, I'm buying a fucking can and doing a SBR because, Texas.

Just remember why you moved to Texas and help keep Texas the way it is. Also get as many SBRs and suppressor that you can. BTW, it requires that you have or get a truck and have a ? ;)

Just remember why you moved to Texas and help keep Texas the way it is. Also get as many SBRs and suppressor that you can. BTW, it requires that you have or get a truck and have a ? ;)
    I'm gonna Keep Texas Fucking Great. Fuck this commie state in which I was born and raised. Already have a truck, did my fingerprints for my Texas CHL and whatnot.

I'm gonna make it rain Form 1's and fire up my mill to do things and stuff.

Edit: fuck horses. One of those fucks almost left me paralyzed in 2014.

I'm a Class III dealer. I'm experiencing approvals that come with a bonus.

Guys, or gals for that matter, who have been waiting the long wait are getting approved, and then the next day their subsequent submissions show up as well, some of which are only a couple months old!

I believe that once they have an approval, they are looking deeper into the pile (database) and if that approved transferee has others pending, that have not been in the system as long, they are approving them as well and mailing them all out to get them out of the workload. SMART !

And it will decrease the overall backlog and improve times dramatically.

ENJOY.

-- Taylor

I was just notified today that a pair of cans I purchased (1 person trust) at the end of September were approved today....as well as the other 2 cans that I purchased during the 2nd week of January. They all came back on the same day. The shop was stunned. The irony is that based on this thread, and others similar to it that I had seen elsewhere, I was planning on purchasing 1 or 2 more cans earlier this week. I didn't go through with those, but will play with my new toys and determine a course of action in the next few weeks.

I had five stamps clear on same day in January. Oldest was from around March 2019 pending and newest was from Black Friday and not even received by dealer until like Dec 15. So believer in Something going on. Montana friend same thing. Never thought it would happen to me.

• Love
    Makes me want to go find a can to buy now. Have one from August and one from September in process. hopefully at least those two clear at same time.

Just got another one back quick style.

Check cashed 1/9/20, approved 3/12/20, showed up today. Same guy bought another can through different retailer, many months before he bought from me. He just got the call on that one. Apparently it took the shop a while to notify him because it was also approved on 3/12, by the same examiner. It’s definitely a thing.

Edit: Thought I’d already posted in this thread but I guess not. This approval was on the heels of another. Cashed 10/31, approved first week of feb, in my hands second week.

Last edited:
    Almost feels like they’re working from top of stack down now. Called yday about the June file F4 and was told still pending. Guy didn’t have any explanation as to why my nov19 filed form came back a few weeks ago first.

I got 7 in jail ranging from June 1st 2019 to March 17th 2020. If I were to get all back at once....

Attachments

• 989DDA89-51F3-4143-84F2-0A01E3CF3E36.jpeg
      989DDA89-51F3-4143-84F2-0A01E3CF3E36.jpeg
      40.5 KB · Views: 42
    Aaaaaand now my SOT has closed down until further notice. This guarantees mine will get approved since I can’t pick it up.
    Mine has also. I sent an email and they still have one person working in shipping and recieving and are letting people pick up tax stamp items if it’s approved

I’m checking my mail every day and transferring suppressors by appointment.
    You guys have been waiting too long to play games now. LOL

I know that. Doesn’t matter if they approve it. I want to know if silencer ship has been notified.

Can u check approvals since my SOT is being a bitch if I give you SN’s?

Like @Hollywood 6mm said, you can call them yourself. That is probably the fastest way. Since your SOT is the transferor, we don't have access to any kind of extended information in regards to approval. All ATF communication would go directly to the dealer after the Form 4 is submitted, including stamps, error letters and so on.

Reactions: bunsen27
    Like @Hollywood 6mm said, you can call them yourself. That is probably the fastest way. Since your SOT is the transferor, we don't have access to any kind of extended information in regards to approval. All ATF communication would go directly to the dealer after the Form 4 is submitted, including stamps, error letters and so on.
    Ah ok. I thought since it was through a kiosk you guys get notified then you pass that along. I’ll just sit here impatiently some more.

Reactions: bunsen27
    Ah ok. I thought since it was through a kiosk you guys get notified then you pass that along. I’ll just sit here impatiently some more.

We've always wanted to have that kind of information, but it would require the ATF to change their processes and probably their software as well. Not to say it couldn't happen one day, as we have worked with the ATF in the past to enhance functionality. It's just a big ask and a lot of work.

After the Form 3 is processed, the dealer is the owner of that NFA item. We then submit the Form 4 by proxy, with the dealer as the transferor. Since they own that item and they are the transferor, the dealer becomes the point of contact for the ATF. We don't have any kind of way to access the status electronically or to detect the sending of the stamp.

Shit! Still waiting on my first one. It’s been 11 months. Hope to get three more in the pipeline so I hope this accurate.

I may have to try this. I have a can sitting in jail right now and may add another one when it comes back into stock at SilencerShop. I'll give that a few months and then maybe drop an eForm 1 for a new SBR. See what happens.

I really hope the wait times stay low. I'm definitely filling out a form 4 on my 21st birthday in May.

Might not be a bad idea to get one going every 6 months in hope's they push 2 through at a time!

Might not be a bad idea to get one going every 6 months in hope's they push 2 through at a time!

Hasn’t worked for me.... currently now have 9 in jail (because I have a problem ?) ranging from 6/1/19 to yesterday. Fingers crossed. I just keep adding them to prison hoping the whole squad gets let out at the same time