• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Internet virus spammers are calling

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
Just had a guy from India from a company called login4speed.com called me on my home address from the phone number 1 -902-567-8434 they asked for access to my computer so they could use software and check for virus’s. They said it was free but if they found some it would cost money to get rid of it.

The guy that was talking to me in a thick Indian accent said his name was Jack Nickolas (yes like the professional golfer) anyways it was an obvious scam. I was asking him how he got my phone number and said it was from their server but cold not give me a corporate name or even a call back number.

I would like to beat them with a large stick for an hour or two.

Any of you guys ever had a phone call like that?

Re: Internet virus spammers are calling

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just filed a complaint with the FCC and the UCE. I will see what they do. </div></div>

In 6 to 8 months you will get an email saying they are going to look into it.

Hadn't heard this one before. I have a rule, I never even speak to anyone calling to sell me something by phone. Rude or not I just hang up!

You could pretend you are a corrupt, disingenuous, double dealing Pakistani shitbag and antagonize the Indian scumbag into starting WW III!

I don't even answer the phone if it's not someone I know...why take the chance? Probably not going to make me money, but will ask for money so why answer it?

Just don't answer the phone!

Scary part is that this is the new nigeriian scam, and many many people will fall victim to this.

Like above, if its ANY type of telemarketer, I tell them I am not interested, and HANG UP. Two things, if someone is casing your house, they know you are home, and two, I like hanging up on people. Its to bad you cant develop a computer virus that you could send through the phone line to those scum suckers

Like any spam, hanging up on them confirms there is a valid person there.

Your name stays on the list.

Endless ringing, your name slowly goes off the lists.

Give once to the WA State police association and they gave my shit out to 500 other charities.

It's taken 2 years of not answering the phone to get no more calls - maybe one a month now.

DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE, do not let your voice mail pick up.

If you are going to hang it up, pick up and slam down - do not speak...

THey have computers generating this stuff....and many go from the phone book - I'm getting out of the phone book again since I'm online nobody local needs to look me up.