• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interstate Driving Tips

if the weather is freaking you out so bad you have to put on your emergency lights and drive 10pmh... get the fuck off the road. just pull over until you can think rationally again. the rest of us do not need to drive 5 fucking mph because your a pussy.
+1

Blinkers.
It is amazing how a $35,000+ vehicles did not come standard with blinkers.

This^^^^^

A pet peeve of mine here in SoCal (that an rolling through stop lights and stop signs). As to the blinkers, I always say to the wife "Yep, those $60K BMW turn signals sure are expensive." (Because they obviously must be broke since the driver hasn't signalled in the past 8 lanes changes and turns at intersections).

Oh yeah, and texting and talking on the phone piss me off too (another one the beloved CHP rarely enforce). "Hey buddy! Here's a clue, holding the fucking phone in your hand (instead of up to your ear) does not make it a "hands free device." (Fuck nuts)

My wife asks me why I get so irritated with the inattentive drivers on the road. After having spent some time in a wheel chair, and a significant time in physical therapy due to a drunk driver I have very little patience for those who choose not to pay attention to the road.

rant over.

For the love of GOD, DON'T. You out of staters piss us off to no end when you completely fuck up the traffic flow because you are afraid of getting a ticket if you go 71 in a 70.

The Highway Patrol here does not absolutely give a fuck if you are driving 5 over. They DO NOT. I've driven past several troopers going 70 in a 65 and I know they know exactly how fast I was moving because I saw them aiming their radar or laser right at me. I went by and they stayed right where they were every single time.

In fact, 10 or less over the limit on the freeway doesn't even rate a look from the staties.

I got pulled over for not using a signal light in Ohio and he tried to add a speeding ticket on top but i knew the speed I was going and my buddy in front of me he pulled over for same thing said same thing as me so he dropped the speeding ticket. I got pulled over for going 10 over in ohio on 35. cam out of a work zone and went back up to speed. apparently in middle of work zone actual speed limit dropped. Got a ticket for something falling out of the bed of my truck (100% my fault) as I was moving back to WV. Got questioned for 30 minutes for parking somewhere at dark and accused of breaking and entering. Told them to search me and my vehicle and they asked why? said if your going to accuse me of stealing find the proof I was meeting up with a friend. Then they said they never accused me of it.

Needless to say I do not have good luck in Ohio so I do my best to follow the laws. Will I go 5 over speed limit yes but that is it.

I got pulled over for not using a signal light in Ohio and he tried to add a speeding ticket on top but i knew the speed I was going and my buddy in front of me he pulled over for same thing said same thing as me so he dropped the speeding ticket. I got pulled over for going 10 over in ohio on 35. cam out of a work zone and went back up to speed. apparently in middle of work zone actual speed limit dropped. Got a ticket for something falling out of the bed of my truck (100% my fault) as I was moving back to WV. Got questioned for 30 minutes for parking somewhere at dark and accused of breaking and entering. Told them to search me and my vehicle and they asked why? said if your going to accuse me of stealing find the proof I was meeting up with a friend. Then they said they never accused me of it.

Needless to say I do not have good luck in Ohio so I do my best to follow the laws. Will I go 5 over speed limit yes but that is it.
I've lived here for a decade now and have never had the "luck" you're having. Every ticket I have had has been for stuff more than 10 over the limit (usually 12 to 15). I've never been bothered by cops for anything else including any of the stuff that has happened to you. I've also been armed for every single one of my police "interactions" and nothing has come of that either.

Blinkers.
It is amazing how a $35,000+ vehicles did not come standard with blinkers.

Many do turn their blinkers on, but they don't realize that they're low on fluid, so they won't work. :)

blinkerfluid.preview.jpg

I hate traffic which is why i happily live in Sodak. 10 cars on the interstate is a lot.

Eliminate what I call "Volvo Breath'. The soccer mom, or insanely liberal professor types who drive a Volvo because it safe. They wont make a turn if there is a car in sight in either direction. Consistently go 5 mph below the speed limit because its safer. Has a car full of screaming kids distracting her from what left of her feeble little mind.

Braking because the car in the lane beside you touched their brakes, even though clearly there is nothing ahead of you.

Slowing down as I am trying to merge from the on ramp, even though you're already past me. WTF is that? <------- Happened to me twice today.

"The left lane is for fast people and the right is for slow people simple fucking concept" the words of stone cold Steve Austin

The left lane is for passing. If you aren't passing anyone, get out of the fucking passing lane.

Braking because the car in the lane beside you touched their brakes, even though clearly there is nothing ahead of you.

Slowing down as I am trying to merge from the on ramp, even though you're already past me. WTF is that? <------- Happened to me twice today.

Its karma for trying to railroad the Motivational Thread

Sorry, back to topic.

I think they give drivers a cell phone with your license in Ca, however they forget to tell them the rules.
So here goes

#1 put phone on vibrate

#2 shove phone up your ass

#3 get the F out of my way.

Jerrrrstanley -- I noticed the same thing but for totally different reasons. When I drove my FJ40 Land Cruiser in NYC everyone was so respectful and drove totally different than when I drove my Corvette. It was like night and day. I finally left the east coast and moved to Arizona where there are roads, that I know, where you will not see cars all day.

some of us call it drafting. I prefer to run in a group of 3 or 4 cars as long as its 80-85. If you do pass the authorities you have a 1 in 4 chance. But those fockers only going 75 have no business in the left lane. They do move when a big ass ram is within a few feet of their bumper. Funny part is that they are pissed like im doing something wrong.

proneshooter - I second that comment. I do not hog the fast lane but I also do not appreciate when someone puts my life and the life of my family in danger. You will lose that game

MarinePMI, that's awesome!

Anyone who's driven in western Europe knows how well that concept works.

PASS the COP!! Fuck, I fucking hate it when people wont pass a cop on the highway or anywhere else. If there's a cop driving down the road 10 under the speed limit, don't create a fucking mile deep rolling roadblock behind him, just fucking pass him.

#!@^@&& FuCK!

Hah.. Yeah that's a bad one in H-town. On 610 and SHP, I see that shit all the time.

I usually stick to the left lane doing about 20 over (lots of miles between where I live and where I work). I pass everyone. DHS, DPS, SO, local, EMS, FD, etc.

I often wonder what it actually takes to get a speeding ticket around here.

On a few occasions on SHP, I'll get passed by a constable doing like 95 or so. I wave.

This year I've seen a lot of popo on the side of the road with lights on and no one pulled over. People will slow way down when the lights are off, but not so much when the lights are on.

Gentlemen
I know you aint gonna believe this but here goes. I was driving through morning rush hour traffic in charlotte nc the other day, I saw a woman putting on her make up using the rear view mirror, talking on the cell phone, smoking a cigarette, and drinking a cup of coffee. She may have even been texting, not sure about that one. All she was missing was the screaming kids in the back. Its was actually kind of impressive, but I got the hell away from her as fast I could. I see this everyday to some extent. Some people.