• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The 5-30x56 Match Pro ED

So is this scope (and others in this price point) suited more towards 22lr rifles or can it go on something bigger?
Reading all the posts here that seems what it is being used for.

Is the durability not up to the task or is it just the price that makes it a good option?

So is this scope (and others in this price point) suited more towards 22lr rifles or can it go on something bigger?

Is the durability not up to the task or is it just the price that makes it a good option?
I wouldn’t hesitate to try it on anything I own, but a bang for the buck scope is always nice for a 22

Price point, also feature set, such as super close parallax, etc.

You COULD put a ZCO on a rimfire, but you may possibly get your ass kicked.

I'm having a bit of a look at one of these for the rimfire for next year as well. It's currently running a K624i which is awesome but some of those targets under 50m get a little blurry and I don't think I can justify a 318i. I like the big numbers on these turrets for my 50+ year old eyes as well given we shoot our rimfire matches at night. I've got a bunch of DMR's and DMR2's but they have the same 50m parallax issue on the 22, one of these should solve that.

Reactions: iceng
I'm having a bit of a look at one of these for the rimfire for next year as well. It's currently running a K624i which is awesome but some of those targets under 50m get a little blurry and I don't think I can justify a 318i. I like the big numbers on these turrets for my 50+ year old eyes as well given we shoot our rimfire matches at night. I've got a bunch of DMR's and DMR2's but they have the same 50m parallax issue on the 22, one of these should solve that.
Been looking hard at the DMR3 for a centrefire build but wondering if the match pro will do the job just as well.

Well, I'm pretty excited about this scope 👍🏼
but I want to hear the bad news, too, because I rather know before I spend....
So, keep it coming with comparisions like to the Arken EP5.

Matthias

Reactions: AXMC
Well, I'm pretty excited about this scope 👍🏼
but I want to hear the bad news, too, because I rather know before I spend....
So, keep it coming with comparisions like to the Arken EP5.

Matthias
Bad news is...as with most Bushnell, it seems they aren't in any kind of hurry to get them out to retailers.

From the product page:

The Match Pro has always been a centerfire-rated riflescope, and it still is - But it's perfect for rimfire use like NRL22 and PRS Rimfire due to its short 15-yard parallax side focus.

It's built to the same recoil standards as ET.

From the product page:

The Match Pro has always been a centerfire-rated riflescope, and it still is - But it's perfect for rimfire use like NRL22 and PRS Rimfire due to its short 15-yard parallax side focus.

It's built to the same recoil standards as ET.
Thanks.

Maybe next time I should actually try to read more about it first. ;)

Prices were adjusted on VIP during the peak of the Covid supply chain issues. About a year ago they were dropped way back down. No, there's no set discount amount, so don't ask. Some things get a better discount than other things. Most things went below what they were before the Covid issues though.
Id have to say False on this statement. The discount just a few years ago was way more generous than it is currently. If you are lucky, the discount may cover your sales tax. While other companies offer 40-50% off msrp on all their optics.

Id have to say False on this statement. The discount just a few years ago was way more generous than it is currently. If you are lucky, the discount may cover your sales tax. While other companies offer 40-50% off msrp on all their optics.

To be fair though the other companies MSRPs are well above their street price and their street prices are close to the Bushnell pricing so there night not be the space to give heavier discounts set in their pricing.

I'd have to say, that's a bad look.
Do I inquire about discounts? Yes. Is it my main concern when making a purchase? No.
Do I get pissy if there is a discount, but it isn't very much? No. I appreciate the fact that there is a discount at all.

The VIP/MIL pricing is not based on the regular visible price at all. Some things have an incredible discount, some there simply isn't much wiggle room to work with, e.g. Match Pro. We're not going to play the high/low pricing game to make it appear better than it is and base it off X% off an inflated MSRP.

Personally - I'm a veteran. I inquire with most places. I get it. I'm grateful for the 10% off HD/Lowes etc. give me.

Will be mounting mine up tonight and hopefully range time soon.

Reactions: jbell
Bushnell 5-30x56 Match Pro ED

The 6-24x50 Match Pro has been a great optic, but some folks were wanting more. With the 5-30x56 Match Pro ED We really tried to pack everything we could into this that people said they wanted.

Major differences:

1. Magnification range - Went way up up to 5-30x.
  2. Objective lens - Up to 56mm.
  3. The Name Sake - The objective lens is ED Prime glass.
  4. Throw lever - Now integrated like ET and has 3 positions for left, right, or neutral positions.
  5. Zero Stop - Has it, very reliable and crazy easy/fast to set.
  6. Reticle - Now the Deploy MIL 2, it's a floating dot 2/10 grid and it's illuminated with a 6-hour timer so if you forget to turn it off it you won't have a dead battery next time you go to use it
  7. Sunshade - Included, 2.5" w/internal threads for accessories mounting *Rev Indicator - I wasn't sure if I was going to like this but I fell in love with it over the last few months. On first revolution the indicator is flush. On the second revolution it's popped up and shows red. On the 3rd revolution it shows silver below it. The red is actually an anodized red aluminum cap that's been placed on top of a stainless steel pin. We did that for visual as well as longevity so it won't wear over time.
  8. Locking turrets all around like last time, but bigger and very nice clicks with a positive grip, way easier to get hold of and turn than the original Match Pro.
  9. Parallax = 15 yards
  10. Elevation travel = 30 MIL
  11. Price: $699.99 (MAP)
Give a shout with any questions and I'll try to answer them ASAP.

Thanks, all!
View attachment 8016438View attachment 8016440
When are these expeced to be bqck in stock to order?

Reactions: Rob01
I sent Bushnell an email and this is the answer I got from CS:

"Im sorry but no ETA as of now."

Waiting myself.

Reactions: Hoggr9 and blksno
Any more range reports from the people who bought out the first run? How you like them?

Reactions: TrevK and blksno
I mounted mine on a Vudoo very happy with it. Really clear and bright, turrets are great. The preset parallax are off a little but that’s not a big deal. So far I’m very happy with it. Much better than the original Match Pro which is a killer scope. Big win for Bushnell

Reactions: Rob01 and blksno
I mounted mine on a Vudoo very happy with it. Really clear and bright, turrets are great. The preset parallax are off a little but that’s not a big deal. So far I’m very happy with it. Much better than the original Match Pro which is a killer scope. Big win for Bushnell
How is the eye box and have you done any tracking testing? Those are my 2 most important considerations.

How is the eye box and have you done any tracking testing? Those are my 2 most important considerations.
Copy the eye box is good and clean very similar to the original match pro. I have not performed a tracking test. I bought mine when the first batch came out then put it in the shop while waiting for my Vudoo to be built. I’ve only had it up and running for for a couple weeks. But it is very promising. I wanted a NightForce NX8, but when I saw this one it was hard to pass up with the features and price. My original match pro was an excellent scope for starting NRL22. So time will tell.

Good info. Thanks.

Anyone else? Come on guys they sold a ton and sold out so there has to be more in the wild to get some reports after using for a while.

Good info. Thanks.

Anyone else? Come on guys they sold a ton and sold out so there has to be more in the wild to get some reports after using for a while.

Haven't had a chance to wring mine out yet but it zero'd with no fuss. Hope to push it hard this spring and test it out.

Got to the range the other day to zero and barrel break in of a new 6.5 PRC build. Was shooting prone off a bipod on a mat in about 14” of snow with no rear bag so not ideal. Took 2 shots at 100 and was way low. Measured how far off I was with the reticle made the adjustment for both elevation and windage (not sure what it ended up being something like 6 up and 2.4 or 5 right. Put the next 3 in the bull and cleaned the barrel. Brought it up .4 to get it about 1.5” high for a 200 zero. Fired 10 cleaned the barrel and fired 10 more. I was impressed with everything. Parallax in mine was almost spot on from 100 out to 250. Didn’t get a chance to check it further. Glass was clear, eyebox was good and I didn’t notice any CA. I included a through the scope photo taken with my shitty iPhone 10 with the scope at 15x which shows some CA on the closer trees that are at about 100 but to my eye there wasn’t any. The tree line at the edge of the field is a little over 200 like 220 ish. Was trying to call out a coyote or 2 before I headed home.
2420818C-80F4-4F27-A876-E7C9B1A4089B.jpeg
E14575A3-ECA4-414A-A4DE-E1D5DDEE5EB7.jpeg
DFD06B49-2E9B-4D81-BAD0-873D2C950139.jpeg
2B2C18D7-096A-4BC9-8DF0-A20F4EF9251A.jpeg
0A377F32-8FB1-4CCB-99DD-1EF84F565187.jpeg
A7335372-C5BD-4722-AE40-E22E9FC7B451.jpeg
Got home and got comfortable on the floor to make some adjustments to the chassis. Once I found all the sweet spots I checked eyebox up to 30x and found I could get right on it as far as cheek weld without fishing around for a good view. Zero stop was easy enough to set up and the rev indicator is a nice touch. I ended up with 19.6 Mils of elevation using a 20 MOA mount. I’m trying to get out later this month to 600 and will report back.

Hahaha! I see ZCOs on rimfires at our matches all of the time. Quite a few PRS competitors like to use the same scope and stock/chassis setup as their CF comp rifles. If they’ve got the cabbage to do so, more power to ‘em.

ETA: considering that many guys are running Vudu or RimX barreled actions in full sized setups, it’s not a stretch to expect an optic of similar cost and quality on top.

Reactions: iceng
My buddy and I have both had one for about a month now. Performs absolutely flawlessly so far. Glass is great, tracking has been great turrets are wonderful. Only downfall is the crappy tool they send for the scope caps.

Is that the same tool they send with the Elite Tacticals?

In the market to get banned but can't wait, anyone want to tell me the rules so I don’t make another stupid post and get banned?

• Haha
Reactions: bga120371
Anyone who can compare one (especially glass-wise) to a Strike Eagle? I’m considering upgrading if it’s a significant improvement. I saw a post somewhere where someone claimed it “blew away” a G2 Razor but I have a hard time buying that.

So I’ve had the g2 razor the g3 razor the zeiss s5 the Burris xtr3 the strike eagle the Athlon Cronus btr gen 2 and the Arken sh4

Glass quality ranking for MY eye
1-Zeiss
2-Gen3
3-Burris xtr3-match pro-razor g2
4-Athlon
5-Strike eagle
6-Arken

Does it blow the gen2 out no.

Dec 8.. been a long time. Did Bushnell just make one batch of these and call it a day?

Supposedly in the June time frame they should be back in stock per what I was told by Bushnell. Too bad.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Would be good if sooner than later. Just posted what I was told by Bushnell not to long ago. Hopefully shipment got sped up.

Would be good if sooner than later. Just posted what I was told by Bushnell not to long ago. Hopefully shipment got sped up.
Here's to hoping. I have a vortex diamondback tactical that I'm not extremely thrilled about. Especially since it's an MOA model. Would love to get my hands on the match pro to see how they compare.

Here's to hoping. I have a vortex diamondback tactical that I'm not extremely thrilled about. Especially since it's an MOA model. Would love to get my hands on the match pro to see how they compare.
I just put a Match Pro on a Bergara B-14R, because I was tired of waiting for the Match Pro ED to be in stock. It’s my first budget precision scope and I’m really happy with it. I’m new to rimfire, but I’ve been shooting centerfire matches with a G2 Razor and Elite Tactical XRS II for a few years.

Reactions: lash
I just put a Match Pro on a Bergara B-14R, because I was tired of waiting for the Match Pro ED to be in stock. It’s my first budget precision scope and I’m really happy with it. I’m new to rimfire, but I’ve been shooting centerfire matches with a G2 Razor and Elite Tactical XRS II for a few years.
That is awesome that you enjoy it. I hope it serves you for many years.

I only have the scope I have as I got my rifle as a package deal used from someone. If I do upgrade anytime soon, I will probably put the vortex on the 22.

Yeah, that was me posting that.
These are back in stock. There's a chance this shipment may be gone by end of day though. If somebody thinking about pulling the trigger you might want to try to get the order in soon.

These are back in stock. There's a chance this shipment may be gone by end of day though. If somebody thinking about pulling the trigger you might want to try to get the order in soon.

Just ordered one.

Heck yeah!!

Glad you guys got some out so soon. Hopefully I can pick one up some day soon. Not thrilled with vortex as of late. Probably just COVID issues everyone had.