• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Binos any good?

enkry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
KY US
IOR binos are inexpensive, are they any good? I'd love to try them especially if they had the ranging feature.

Re: IOR Binos any good?

At SHOT I was looking at their binos. I wanted to pickup a pair of their DF 7x40. I have some Jena's and wanted a lighter pair. Val showed me instead their E/DF's and some others and I was really impressed for the price. The Optolyth's they are carrying have incredible glass and it looks like they may be blowing out older models or something because the sale price is very good.

I had used/stored military 7x40 which can be found on ebay for 140$ and all i can say superb glass. They didn't have yellow tint (89 manuf date) some have. You get rubber protection and yellow filters. Mine stank a bit so if you hate old warehouse smell that might be a problem. But for the price they blow just about everything right out of the water. I've sold them to a fellow who had several Zeiss and Swarowski hunting binos and he said they were quite good compared to both (except in low light) and he was happy with purchase (sold them for a few euros more
smile.gif
).

Minox makes very good bino's for the money.

yeah a buddy has Minox HD binos but Im intersted in IOR glass