• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Iray hybrid 75

Rocklong

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2019
South Dakota
Just wondering if anyone has had one these and put it to the test. I’ve had one for a few months now and have used it a lot.
The problem I’m having is that the zero is shifting all over the place. I hope it’s just mine and not a real problem. I went to check the zero again today and it was 2” low and 1 1/2” left so I rezeroed it. I went back 2 hrs later and it was 2” high. Been fighting this for a couple months now. Hard to trust beyond 150ish yards and it’s supposed to be for longer range hunting. Besides that it’s probably the best image quality of any thermal I’ve used and I’ve pretty much had all the top companies top tier scopes. This thing could be a real winner if they figure this zero shift out.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Weird that you zeroed it, then it shifted down 2”, then you rezeroed it, then it shifted up 2”. Sounds like it went back to earlier zero.

ETA: Not 100% sure, but standalone reticle zero and clipon “collimation” should be two entirely different things. Standalone should shift only reticle where clipon should shift the whole display image.

Also, thanks for cutting your teeth on this for us. I’ve been seriously thinking about snagging one, but will wait until we have more reports from users in the wild and any kinks are ironed out.

I set it up recording on a tripod pointing at a 1” piece of tin foil a while back and in 3 1/2 hrs the crosshairs moved down and right about 1 1/2”-2” then back almost to center and then to the bottom left corner of the foil. This was completely stationary with nothing touching it. Then about 2 weeks later I did the same test for 5 hrs and it never moved at all. Kinda weird

• Wow
Reactions: TheHorta
Do the reticle coordinates stay the same when noticing the shift? I follow a couple of thermal groups on FB and there have been quite a few guys with the Hybrid 75 and this is the first I’ve heard of a wandering zero.

If it were my scope, I’d send to Iray to get it sorted out. I’ve been eyeing one of these for a bit now, but the MK1 640 keeps going strong. Maybe I’ll make the jump later this year.

Reactions: TheHorta
Yeah I think I may have just got a bad one. It might stay zeroed for two weeks then be off by 2-3”. It should be getting back to iray today.