• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron Brigade Armory

someguy12341

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2008
    Mid-South
    First things first; I used the search function and didn't come up with much, so if I missed it, I apologize in advance.

A local shop here has two Iron Brigade Armory 308's with Nightforce scopes on them. Preowned, but unfired (so it says.)

First of all, what's the consensus on IBA rifles? Second, any idea what their preowned guns are going for?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Iron Brigade Armory

wich model? they are all shooters if the chandlers built them. If they are unfired they mey be close to retail for a new

eek.gif
    I just went to their site/price sheet

I have a Chandler Sniper Rifle with the McMillan A3 stock. I have only 367 rounds through it. I shot it this afternoon.

I like it have had no issues. Have not really focused on precision shooting seriously yet.

I have had this rifle since '06. I don't remember what I paid for it.

It is a nice piece, but I have nothing to compare it to other than AR's and my trusty SSG 69

They're asking $6k each. That seemed steep to me, but I figured I'd get some feedback before throwing the #'s out here.

I was checking them out...and that's about it. For that kind of jack, you could do a lot with some of the smiths that are pretty well known on these boards.

They send off their rifles to Hart to do the rebarrel work for them. The price is higher, because you have to pay for all the shipping of your parts from one place to another to get the work done.

Do a search on "Chandler" and read the threads about it and the XM-3. Might take a bit of time, but worth it.

Too bad too because I only live about 5 mins away from his house/shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: someguy12341</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're asking $6k each. That seemed steep to me, but I figured I'd get some feedback before throwing the #'s out here.</div></div>

Are you serious??? I would tell them to pound sand. You can buy two custom rifles from any one of a number of smiths here that will get better rifles to boot. You can even buy an AI for less than that and it's a MUCH better rifle.

Save your money, frustration and embarrassment and run from that deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Overpriced and under delivered. </div></div>

+1

Yea their prices are very high... like the XM3 is a Remington 700 with a A13 stock and it cost more than the "Chandler Rifle". I'm sure the quality is great but not worth the price.

Just my opinion...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the one I saw was 6900. thats a ton of change there, but i think it comes with a scope in a package. </div></div>

Still too much.

Their prices are rediculous and I wasn't too impressed with them. What is the xm3 package price, isn't it like $22k?

I don't think we can say what is "too much" but what I can and will say is that for that amount of money I'd purchase an Accuracy International. I'd also speak with GA Precision, Rock Creek Barrels and a few others here before pressing the trigger on the AI, too. But that's just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the one I saw was 6900. thats a ton of change there, but i think it comes with a scope in a package. </div></div>

Better come with a tacticool cup holder and a blow job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea their prices are very high... like the XM3 is a Remington 700 with a A13 stock and it cost more than the "Chandler Rifle". I'm sure the quality is great but not worth the price.

Just my opinion... </div></div>

the XM3 is ridiculous....some shoot great others flat out suck ass. The only reason they are higher than giraffe pussy is because "the Marines USED them"

let's see - a GAP Crusader at $3725 with everything minus scope and you can put a 2K or better scope on it and you are still short of 6K with a much better rifle.

I just went on their website looking at their rifles - all I can say is that they are VERY PROUD of their rifles. WOW! Sticker Shock!

I have said a lot about this topic about a year ago or so. I would seriously not have them build your gun. I said the same thing that Mike said about getting two custom guns for the price of one of theirs. You will be happier and the gun will shoot just as good or better then one of theirs. There guns are way over priced. You would think that they would do all the work since everyone that works there was a 2111 or 2112 for the most part. I think the XM3 is about $19,000 but that includes the whole deal with night vision. I have shot the XM3 last deployment and wasnt impressed at all.

But hey at the end of the day you gotta get what you want. I would stay away from IBA and get yourself a rifle from one of the other great smiths that are here and save yourself some money. Put that towards another build for another time and be happy.