• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Black Death coming to a town near you ?

Of course!! What was I thinking! Lets just invite every swinging ebola carrying dick to the US!! Think how healthy our economy would be, think how that would strengthen West Africa, how selfish of me to want to keep our country safe, sound and healthy when we could be shitting our tonsils out our ass. Not to mention our own brilliant CDC could then withhold all experimental meds because who wants to give some terminal bleeder an unproven drug? der.... I'm such a maroon!

Do you fly much? I just flew today, on an aircraft that rotates thru Houston.....I ain't worried tho, Mr CDC says all's well, they know what they is doing......while some dipshit washes ebola infected vomit down the sewer not giving a fuck that Armourplatechikken is downrange.

But you're right, the .gov experts are never wrong and operate at the peak of efficiency.....

Of course!! What was I thinking! Lets just invite every swinging ebola carrying dick to the US!! Think how healthy our economy would be, think how that would strengthen West Africa, how selfish of me to want to keep our country safe, sound and healthy when we could be shitting our tonsils out our ass. Not to mention our own brilliant CDC could then withhold all experimental meds because who wants to give some terminal bleeder an unproven drug? der.... I'm such a maroon!

Do you fly much? I just flew today, on an aircraft that rotates thru Houston.....I ain't worried tho, Mr CDC says all's well, they know what they is doing......while some dipshit washes ebola infected vomit down the sewer not giving a fuck that Armourplatechikken is downrange.

But you're right, the .gov experts are never wrong and operate at the peak of efficiency.....

You know, I have taken a lot of entrenched views on this board. This is not one of them. Because frankly I am not sure. For all I know you could be right. But what I am saying is may be you are not looking at all the variables and while genuinely trying to solve a problem this way, we might create disruptions that can have bigger disastrous consequences than the original problem. People can't fly in being symptomatic. If they get symptomatic here, we can isolate them and protect the public. Even this latest case where everyone dropped the ball as bad as a ball can be dropped didn't yet result into an outbreak, which shows you that so far even the worst outcome can be handled. So to take drastic action which will then result in other problems which unlike Ebola would be hard to solve is something I am sure some very very smart people are thinking about.

All I am saying is think of all ramifications, not just the immediate ones. "Be conscious of your target...and what's behind it"

Ultimately I think the solution could be a cross between isolating West-Africa and just opening the border. Developing a Quicker test? Speeding up research and trial for a cure, stopping Visa applications but not flights. After all you can't come into here without a visa, unless you live in Mexico, or Canada so there might be middle ground. But if we bat down the hatches, Europe will follow our lead, Africa tanks, if a full blown infection takes place, Europe will get it because they have a land bridge with Africa, eventually, we ll have to to face a bigger problem or stay isolated hoping everyone outside dies, or the infection dies down, leaving everyone immune but not us. If this reaches Asia or the middle east, we are screwed. It's a tough one, I agree.

Last edited:
Man if I had a quarter for every time someone asked me why would you live in bumfuck nowhere South Dakota...

There are no flights from the US to Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.

The infected dude came to the US via Brussels, Belgium.

Man if I had a quarter for every time someone asked me why would you live in bumfuck nowhere South Dakota...

Shooting space? Nothing beats shooting space.
hey as long as you have the internet, UPS, I don't see the problem. Before the net, big cities had the advantage of products small towns just couldn't get. Today it's all relegated to entertainment, which gets old, and frankly is subjective.
At least you get space, terrorists don't think of you when they want to strike, Ebola if it breaks here will reach you last.
I have lived in a lot of high density and hip cities here and overseas. To be frank, they have their appeal, but after a while, when you ve had all the tail you can deal with, nothing beats what Adolph referred to as lebensraum.

Last edited:
There are no flights from the US to Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.

The infected dude came to the US via Brussels, Belgium.

Yes true, there are no direct flights because their airport is not TSA compliant. I believe Nigeria and Senegal are the only direct flights from West-Africa. Now someone could travel by road to those countries and fly here. Or even go to Morocco in the north and fly here, or Europe, or Asia and fly here. Ironically Nigeria had 1 case, and they contained it pretty well. The guy who brought it to them? An American!

Last edited:
My bottom line is this. No flights (direct or indirect) to the us from west african countries. No one with a passport, visa, travel documents, or any other form of identification/citizenship that links them to an ebola infected west african country can fly to the us. We establish a pipeline for health workers and us citizens (up to this point) who have been to these countries to be quarantined, observed, and tested for an adequate amount of time before leaving africa. We announce that until further notice any us citizen who travels to these countries besides health workers who have registered their travel plans with the cdc and/or state department will not be allowed to re-enter the us.

We also make an attempt at similar scrutiny at our laughable borders with Canada and Mexico.

Why do I even have to fill out a customs form about vegetables and tuberculosis when we are allowing foreign motherfuckers with ebola on us soil?

Last edited:
My bottom line is this. No flights (direct or indirect) to the us from west african countries. No one with a passport, visa, travel documents, or any other form of identification/citizenship that links them to an ebola infected west african country can fly to the us. We establish a pipeline for health workers and us citizens (up to this point) who have been to these countries to be quarantined, observed, and tested for an adequate amount of time before leaving africa. We announce that until further notice any us citizen who travels to these countries besides health workers who have registered their travel plans with the cdc and/or state department will not be allowed to re-enter the us.

We also make an attempt at similar scrutiny at our laughable borders with Canada and Mexico.

Why do I even have to fill out a customs form about vegetables and tuberculosis when we are allowing foreign motherfuckers with ebola on us soil?

Mr Expert in international affairs! Question! How do you stop someone who flies from Africa to a European destination, let's say France, then drives to Germany, it's a few hrs drive, then gets on a plane from Germany to here? Or someone who flies to Morroco, Africa to Africa, then crosses the land bridge into Spain, then drives to Italy from Spain and flies here?

And by the way, barring U.S Citizens from entering their country is not constitutional, so the government cannot like a kingdom, decree that. Just like stopping people from owning firearms.

The point remains however. How do you stop people from getting a ticket to an European or Asian, or Even an Australian destination, then buy a separate ticket once on the ground to the US?

Last edited:
There's a plane on the ground in NJ right now, it flew in from Brussels. They are waiting on the CDC to check out a sick person before letting anyone off the plane, basically in quarantine. Lets hope the sick peep is neg for ebola.

Mr Expert in international affairs! Question! How do you stop someone who flies from Africa to a European destination, let's say France, then drives to Germany, it's a few hrs drive, then gets on a plane from Germany to here? Or someone who flies to Morroco, Africa to Africa, then crosses the land bridge into Spain, then drives to Italy from Spain and flies here?

And by the way, barring U.S Citizens from entering their country is not constitutional, so the government cannot like a kingdom, decree that. Just like stopping people from owning firearms.

The point remains however. How do you stop people from getting a ticket to an European or Asian, or Even an Australian destination, then buy a separate ticket once on the ground to the US?

Uh, well unless they are smuggled in they will have a passport...if it is Liberian or has a customs stamp from that area, or has pages missing, instant denial. That's baby step one. Next, we can run military transports with strict controls for cdc researchers and aid workers to that area instead of commercial flights. That's baby step two. This isn't rocket science, and no one has a right to ente this country without following our procedures.

This is one and only one reason we aren't implementing these controls. The reason is if we stop immigration and travel from west Africa because of Ebola then it sets a precedent that unfettered immigration and lack of border control really is a threat to the citizens of this country. That will make it much harder to legalize their undocumented voters from the south who have already re-introduced TB, bedbugs, scabies, and other third world diseases we had greatly suppressed decades ago.

Uh, well unless they are smuggled in they will have a passport...if it is Liberian or has a customs stamp from that area, or has pages missing, instant denial. That's baby step one. Next, we can run military transports with strict controls for cdc researchers and aid workers to that area instead of commercial flights. That's baby step two. This isn't rocket science, and no one has a right to ente this country without following our procedures.

This is one and only one reason we aren't implementing these controls. The reason is if we stop immigration and travel from west Africa because of Ebola then it sets a precedent that unfettered immigration and lack of border control really is a threat to the citizens of this country. That will make it much harder to legalize their undocumented voters from the south who have already re-introduced TB, bedbugs, scabies, and other third world diseases we had greatly suppressed decades ago.

Let me offer some context. Most passport holders in a given country are foreigners. Because when you are in foreign land, you need your passport, when you are home you typically don't. locals usually don't carry passports, especially in third world countries. It's the same even here to a certain extent. You are typically more likely to have more valid foreign passports than actual local passports in any given country. When that country is poor it's even more so. Second point. The country of origin does not stamp your passport. Only the country of destination. So if I fly from Liberia to Belgium with a congolese or a Burkina faso passports, both african countries by the way. You will not see a Liberian stamp in that passport because liberia is the country of origin. Instead it will be a belgium stamp. Now you ll ask, how did they get into Liberia without getting a stamp? Most movements into african countries occur by land borders, not air borders because aviation is not that advanced and that available. Well guess what they do not stamp your passport at land borders, in fact most borders in West-africa are unmanned. Trust me I know! ;)
When they are maned, they just search you car for contraband, weapons, party affiliation, so they can execute you in the brush if you are from the wrong party. When no weapons, contraband and wrong party has been found, they wave you in. No id or passport checks because most indigenous locals don't have id, or passport. Most have never heard of either. So again, there is no way to know you came from Liberia if you don't buy tickets in a bundle but rather separately when leaving liberia. The people tackling those issues know this, which you don't. Which is why I keep making the expert point. Again this is tantamount to Hillary Clinton criticizing my wind calls.

So guess what, Liberians aren't the threat because most of them are unlikely to have a passport, let alone a valid one at this point. And applying for one now will not work because the country is in shambles. The problem is foreign nationals, chinese (Lots of them there), europeans, other Africans who pose a problem. The guy who brought Ebola to Nigeria was an AMERICAN citizen flying from liberia to Nigeria. Not someone from Liberia.
So you screening for Liberian passports or closing flights between Liberia and the US or West-Africa to the US will not stop this and will breed more issues.

Very last point. You can fit 3.07 United States inside Africa. So yes, it's a BIG problem! You are going to have to shut down a lot of flights, because Africans or infected foreign nationals will move by road from country to country to get out. And again borders from African countries to African countries are porous, not Mexico-USA border porous, but more like I am going to Walmart porous.

Last edited:
Shooting space? Nothing beats shooting space.
hey as long as you have the internet, UPS, I don't see the problem. Before the net, big cities had the advantage of products small towns just couldn't get. Today it's all relegated to entertainment, which gets old, and frankly is subjective.
At least you get space, terrorists don't think of you when they want to strike, Ebola if it breaks here will reach you last.
I have lived in a lot of high density and hip cities here and overseas. To be frank, they have their appeal, but after a while, when you ve had all the tail you can deal with, nothing beats what Adolph referred to as lebensraum.

How about whores? They got some pretty whores in New York? Readily available?

How about whores? They got some pretty whores in New York? Readily available?

I would comment, but I wouldn't want to get in trouble. ;) People search what you write and sometimes use it against you.
But tell you what, New York City is hard to beat. That's all I ll say.
That's why my orignal post said "but after a while, when you ve had all the tail you can deal with, nothing beats what Adolph referred to as lebensraum" ;) But does it? :)

There's a plane on the ground in NJ right now, it flew in from Brussels. They are waiting on the CDC to check out a sick person before letting anyone off the plane, basically in quarantine. Lets hope the sick peep is neg for ebola.

The sick person was coming from Liberia, but somehow, they let the other passengers go. The guy seating next to him is talking right now. The guy was throwing up.

I would comment, but I wouldn't want to get in trouble. ;) People search what you write and sometimes use it against you.
But tell you what, New York City is hard to beat. That's all I ll say.
That's why my orignal post said "but after a while, when you ve had all the tail you can deal with, nothing beats what Adolph referred to as lebensraum" ;) But does it? :)

Absolutely, its a pretty good habit to get into, to assume that every single thing you say on the internet is being watched, or will be seen at a later date whether deleted or not. BTDT. To hell with putting anything out there that would Id feel uncomfortable with explaining to a courtroom.

Aint nothing wrong with the city girls though, yall got some bad ones up there Im certain. Need me a Jennifer Lopez-looking chick, one night`ll be just fine! I reckon I could get there pretty cheap by taking one of them buses, I cant remember the exact name but it was like 150$ all said and done for ATL to NY. Someone help me out here, its a real specific name, smart bus or somethin like that?? Me and my brother was talking about taking a trip to NY to check out the local scenery, maybe go on a guided tour or something :D

Absolutely, its a pretty good habit to get into, to assume that every single thing you say on the internet is being watched, or will be seen at a later date whether deleted or not. BTDT. To hell with putting anything out there that would Id feel uncomfortable with explaining to a courtroom.

Aint nothing wrong with the city girls though, yall got some bad ones up there Im certain. Need me a Jennifer Lopez-looking chick, one night`ll be just fine! I reckon I could get there pretty cheap by taking one of them buses, I cant remember the exact name but it was like 150$ all said and done for ATL to NY. Someone help me out here, its a real specific name, smart bus or somethin like that?? Me and my brother was talking about taking a trip to NY to check out the local scenery, maybe go on a guided tour or something :D

:D

Let me offer some context. Most passport holders in a given country are foreigners. Because when you are in foreign land, you need your passport, when you are home you typically don't. locals usually don't carry passports, especially in third world countries. It's the same even here to a certain extent. You are typically more likely to have more valid foreign passports than actual local passports in any given country. When that country is poor it's even more so. Second point. The country of origin does not stamp your passport. Only the country of destination. So if I fly from Liberia to Belgium with a congolese or a Burkina faso passports, both african countries by the way. You will not see a Liberian stamp in that passport because liberia is the country of origin. Instead it will be a belgium stamp. Now you ll ask, how did they get into Liberia without getting a stamp? Most movements into african countries occur by land borders, not air borders because aviation is not that advanced and that available. Well guess what they do not stamp your passport at land borders, in fact most borders in West-africa are unmanned. Trust me I know! ;)
When they are maned, they just search you car for contraband, weapons, party affiliation, so they can execute you in the brush if you are from the wrong party. When no weapons, contraband and wrong party has been found, they wave you in. No id or passport checks because most indigenous locals don't have id, or passport. Most have never heard of either. So again, there is no way to know you came from Liberia if you don't buy tickets in a bundle but rather separately when leaving liberia. The people tackling those issues know this, which you don't. Which is why I keep making the expert point. Again this is tantamount to Hillary Clinton criticizing my wind calls.

So guess what, Liberians aren't the threat because most of them are unlikely to have a passport, let alone a valid one at this point. And applying for one now will not work because the country is in shambles. The problem is foreign nationals, chinese (Lots of them there), europeans, other Africans who pose a problem. The guy who brought Ebola to Nigeria was an AMERICAN citizen flying from liberia to Nigeria. Not someone from Liberia.
So you screening for Liberian passports or closing flights between Liberia and the US or West-Africa to the US will not stop this and will breed more issues.

Very last point. You can fit 3.07 United States inside Africa. So yes, it's a BIG problem! You are going to have to shut down a lot of flights, because Africans or infected foreign nationals will move by road from country to country to get out. And again borders from African countries to African countries are porous, not Mexico-USA border porous, but more like I am going to Walmart porous.

Yeah I have flown all over the world as well...guess what, the guy that actually brought in ebola was not trying to hide the fact he was liberian. Just because we might not catch everyone doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep it out. Otherwise plenty of people will be trying to get here just so they can be admitted to our hospitals just like this guy in Dallas. The CDC claims a travel ban will make ebola worse only because they believe a travel ban will make it harder to get aid to the region. Fine, make it a one way ban, or use military charter, and only allow aid workers to travel from the region after applying rigorous screening procedures that would be impractical for commercial flights.

I get it that we cant stop it all. But if we announced that you cannot travel to the US if you have been in WEst Africa in the last 30 days, subject to arrest if you lie about it, most people from europe or china or other third country nationals you mention would comply voluntarily.

Making it more difficult to travel here from ebola stricken countries is common sense. You place your faith in the same CDC that leaves smallpox unsecured in closets, didn't lift a finger for five days to control our first ebola case, they mistakenly shipped live botulism though the mail, accidentally sent live bird flu strains to a department of agriculture poultry farm of all places, and a host of other idiotic mistakes. Moreover, having recently firsthand observed how the national command authority makes decisions, I can tell you with 100% certainly that the political side of a decision almost always outweighs the practical side. Your assertion that the quality of their decision making is far more informed and effective than ours is, unfortunately, extremely naive. I wish it were otherwise, trust me, without going into specifics I have seen these kind of people (on the military side) up close in action and came away jaded as a result. Without pressure from the public to apply common sense instead of political correctness and political expediency, they will screw this up.

I can't believe that I'm even typing this, but, if nothing, this will most likely cut down on the incidence of cannibalism in Liberia.

I've often wondered if Sniper's Hide was a better news source than CNN or FOX, etc.

Now I know it is, thanks to Veer...

Jesus Veer, the stuff you find on the internet, incredible!

I seriously couldn't stop watching that video.

Thanks for posting that. That video was something I highly doubt any other news outlet would carry.

Last edited:
If often wondered if Sniper's Hide was a better news source than CNN or FOX, etc.

Now I know it is, thanks to Veer...

Jesus Veer, the stuff you find on the internet, incredible!

I seriously couldn't stop watching that video.

Thanks for posting that. That video was something I highly doubt any other news outlet would carry.

Vice does good stuff. By the way Vice is technically CNN, because it is Time Warner. You should check their channel and watch other videos.

Here's one. I have a few problems with the veracity of some claims, but it's a good background story for Ebola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XasTcDsDfMg

Just imagine the consequences of cannibalism (which has occurred in Liberia) on top of an outbreak of something like Ebola. That's what I was getting at in a sarcastic fashion.

Actually you think you are being sarcastic, but ironically you are not! That's how Ebola started. Not human meat but monkey meat, which if you ask me, it's kinda human meat. Watch the video above if you haven't yet seen it yet.

Who wouldn't want to eat that bushmeat. It looks freakin delicious. Wow. We really are pampered her in the US. Thanks for sharing that video.

Who wouldn't want to eat that bushmeat. It looks freakin delicious. Wow. We really are pampered her in the US. Thanks for sharing that video.

You damn right we are pampered! Every time I travel I am reminded. Watch that original video Veer_G posted, isn't that life some bullsh*t? You think you have it bad? Really watch the video
General Butt Naked, he fought naked, all his troops fought naked lmao.

Last edited:

Following your logic, I guess I should just stop locking my front door because a burglar could easily just get into my neighbor's shed and use his ladder to climb on to my roof and breach a window. Instead of making someone go through a bunch of elaborate steps to circumvent my home's security, I should just throw up my arms and make it so easy even the laziest asshole could get in, not just a determined prick willing to put in some work.

Following your logic, I guess I should just stop locking my front door because a burglar could easily just get into my neighbor's shed and use his ladder to climb on to my roof and breach a window. Instead of making someone go through a bunch of elaborate steps to circumvent my home's security, I should just throw up my arms and make it so easy even the laziest asshole could get in, not just a determined prick willing to put in some work.

You should if locking your front door will cause more harm than the burglary. That's the part that you are conveniently leaving out. Making it tough to enter the country is ok, but stopping flights altogether will have adverse effects that will hurt US! not others, us here, and yet won't stop the problem. So if every time you lock your door it costs you $1,000,000, but yet you have only $200,000 of goods in your house, and yet people can still get in through the 1st floor window, then yes, you should not lock it because the burglary (if it happens at all, and that's a big IF ) will cost you less than the locking, and the locking is not doing much to prevent access. Again making it tough is ok, closing our air borders with Africa will yield little security for a lot of losses.

There are economic and geo-political interests at play here. If they think they can deal with the problem with open borders, then let them try. Even in this worst case where everyone dropped the ball, in the end, the disease is so weak to spread that an outbreak didn't result, validating the calculation/gamble. When the risks outweighs the benefits, those borders will be closed. about 92 people die of car crashes everyday, everyday!

We are not banning cars, the benefits outweigh the 92 deaths. The same logic applies here. It's crude but that's this country became the giant it is. We used to be resilient, take risks and not freak out easily(And this is a very low risk here). But you make people more and more comfortable and the ruggedness goes out the window. Nigeria is just next door. They didn't close their borders, they get more influx than we do, they ve had only 1 case! But us, 6000 miles away are pissing all over ourselves in fear. The flu will kill more this year than Ebola! 36,000 flu deaths in the US every year! Heart disease 600,000. So yeah your burger is more of a threat! Since fear is so prevalent, You should ban meat and fat from your fridge! it will kill you more than Ebola.

Last edited:
If the flu was only in W Africa, would you bar travel to / from W Africa? I personally see no reason we should allow a deadly virus into our country. Serious question: Is there anything in W Africa that we should give a shit about? What are the economic repercussions of not allowing travel to / from W Africa?

If the flu was only in W Africa, would you bar travel to / from W Africa? I personally see no reason we should allow a deadly virus into our country. Serious question: Is there anything in W Africa that we should give a shit about? What are the economic repercussions of not allowing travel to / from W Africa?

I am not going to provide an education here about that. I have been to that region, and there are a lot of implications at play here, more than there is time to write about. Frankly, you should do the research before posting opinions.
But here is the easy stuff. There are a lot of raw products you use in this country not knowing where they come from. A lot of that is from Africa. There are a lot of blue collar jobs being supported in this country by those imports. And executive and employees of American businesses fly in and out of Africa everyday by the droves. Drilling, mining, silicone tech...I could go on and on and on! You shut that down for a disease we can control and you lose a lot of money, jobs for something that's not yet worth it. Most of Africa's telecoms including Liberia's is run and managed by american companies. The Chinese are taking more and more ground, but we are fighting them on that. There was an african summit a few weeks ago in DC, google it, we made a lot of deals, and made a lot of ground. Several US companies are generating jobs based on that.
One tiny example, the whole Cellular network was built, is managed and is repaired by a lot of US based businesses, the power grid in some countries is. Hundreds of flights occur from here or Europe to there for repairs, construction, and for business deals and the like to be made. Road construction? I am not even going to start....because that's a rat hole will never get out of.
And again, liberians are not likely to have passports or have the money for a flight here, watch the videos above, they have rampant poverty and bigger problems. The threat is our people travelling there, which again if you stop will hit us badly, because most if not all are for business purposes, watch the videos and you ll see that going to Liberia or West-Africa certainly can't be about tourism.

Beyond the economic impact which could hurt us, lastly, if you isolate the continent, and the problem spreads rampant there as a result, it will eventually come to your door.

Now the political stuff, there are a lot of nation stability problems we need to consider. When Syria was going to hell a year ago, it wasn't our problem, till a group that wants to kill us got ahold of it as a result.
I remember at the time telling people "you don't understand the geo-political implications of why we should take care of it, and hearing BULLSH*T" Well, I am sure that guy sees the geo-political implications now!

Some people earn multi-year degrees studying this stuff, just like we spend years honing precision shooting skills. To interject as if you know more than them, when they have studied this for years, is tantamount to Hillary Clinton criticizing my wind calls.

Last edited:
So I wonder when the "real" story comes out. You know, the one behind this slow moving non eventful thing.

I don't know. Yeah there is ebola out there. But i'm thinking it's being blown out by the media and us. Rabies kills 550k and ebola just over 1k. And it's all over the news. I'm thinking something is going on to "distract" us. Anyone else?

I am not going to provide an education here about that. I have been to that region, and there are a lot of implications at play here, more than there is time to write about. Frankly, you should do the research before posting opinions.
But here is the easy stuff. There are a lot of raw products you use in this country not knowing where they come from. A lot of that is from Africa. There are a lot of blue collar jobs being supported in this country by those imports. And executive and employees of American businesses fly in and out of Africa everyday by the droves. Drilling, mining, silicone tech...I could go on and on and on! You shut that down for a disease we can control and you lose a lot of money, jobs for something that's not yet worth it. Most of Africa's telecoms including Liberia's is run and managed by american companies. The Chinese are taking more and more ground, but we are fighting them on that. There was an african summit a few weeks ago in DC, google it, we made a lot of deals, and made a lot of ground. Several US companies are generating jobs based on that.
One tiny example, the whole Cellular network was built, is managed and is repaired by a lot of US based businesses, the power grid in some countries is. Hundreds of flights occur from here or Europe to there for repairs, construction, and for business deals and the like to be made. Road construction? I am not even going to start....because that's a rat hole will never get out of.
And again, liberians are not likely to have passports or have the money for a flight here, watch the videos above, they have rampant poverty and bigger problems. The threat is our people travelling there, which again if you stop will hit us badly, because most if not all are for business purposes, watch the videos and you ll see that going to Liberia or West-Africa certainly can't be about tourism.

Beyond the economic impact which could hurt us, lastly, if you isolate the continent, and the problem spreads rampant there as a result, it will eventually come to your door.

Now the political stuff, there are a lot of nation stability problems we need to consider. When Syria was going to hell a year ago, it wasn't our problem, till a group that wants to kill us got ahold of it.
I remember at the time telling people "you don't understand the geo-political implications of why we should take care of it, and hearing BULLSH*T" Well, now I am sure that guy sees the geo-political implications!

Some people earn multi-year degrees studying this stuff, just like we spend years honing precision shooting skills. To interject as if you know more than them, when they have studied this for years, is tantamount to Hillary Clinton criticizing my wind calls.

Safe to say there are many "shooters" that can't shoot worth a shit.
Safe to say there are many 'business" people out there that are incompetent.
Safe to say in Liberia, we have no worries in "losing" business. There is no money there. If anyone here in the US is being supported by the money from there, they are living under a bridge.
Any implications due to travel restriction will hurt them more than us. We are resilient, where as they don't get a paycheck, they ain't eating for that month.

Safe to say there are many "shooters" that can't shoot worth a shit.
Safe to say in Liberia, we have no worries in "losing" business. There is no money there. If anyone here in the US is being supported by the money from there, they are living under a bridge.

You are WRONG! dead WRONG. trust me you are! When Taylor and Prince Johnson started their antics a few years back, I can tell you that there were billions of AMERICAN dollars in play, which is why we put a destroyer on their coast.
After he left, business boomed! Watch the videos posted here, the country is so f*cked that we are making money hand over fist providing basic infrastructure and goods! and earning mining rights!

TRUST me on that one! Not only Liberia, but sierra leone! Dude even arms dealers make billions in this area with small trucks full of AKs, let alone an organized government with legal means and official air routes, with precious metals mining, building communication, roads, electric infrastructure. "NO money" Are you kidding me?

Typical american mindset, ignorant and conceited, think they know everything with no facts to back them up. I apologize if it sounds insulting, but frankly I had to say this, because about this without any nuance, you are wrong! I have heard nuanced wrong statements here, but that one above with no nuance is DEAD WRONG!

Last edited:
We cant close our borders, how we gonna close theirs?

I'm not seeing it.
billions? of ak's? ak's are much cheaper in other countries than in ours. war-torn or poor countries are known to have a lot of ak's. New probably cost 250-300. America? 7?
I'm sure they are old and sold for 100 American? at most?
this area is very poor and corrupt to say the least.
If we have any interest in the area it's the area for port side. We may have investments in other areas and we are interested in the ports in order to get "what" we want.
But I really doubt there is anything we want in Liberia. We don't make millions and billions in making roads to where most don't have cars.
we don't make millions in making buildings where they can't pay for them.

We cant close our borders, how we gonna close theirs?

You are absolutely right. If all the ebola patients came across our border we would treat them.

this could very well be the "zombies" everyone makes movies about.

You are WRONG! dead WRONG. trust me you are! When Taylor and Prince Johnson started their antics a few years back, I can tell you that there were billions of AMERICAN dollars in play, which is why we put a destroyer on their coast.
After he left, business boomed! Watch the videos posted here, the country is so f*cked that we are making money hand over fist providing basic infrastructure and goods! and earning mining rights!

TRUST me on that one! Not only Liberia, but sierra leone! Dude even arms dealers make billions in this area with small trucks full of AKs, let alone an organized government with legal means and official air routes, with precious metals mining, building communication, roads, electric infrastructure. "NO money" Are you kidding me?

Typical american mindset, ignorant and conceited, think they know everything with no facts to back them up. I apologize if it sounds insulting, but frankly I had to say this, because about this without any nuance, you are wrong! I have heard nuanced wrong statements here, but that one above with no nuance is DEAD WRONG!

Ok, show me your "mindset" is right. show me you don't have "nuanced wrong statements". I looked and couldn't find anything that shows it's "flourishing" like you said.

Are we talking about usaid? as in money we give away?
That is not business.

Infrastructure in Liberia | USAID Dollars to Results

You don't seem to understand. This is not aid, which then begets good will. AID is for good will, not to make money back. That's why we give money to ISRAEL, which is a pretty rich country. It's not for benefits, but for good will. Even though ISRAEL doesn't need the cash.

What I am talking about is American businesses doing business in liberia, making money from it, and paying taxes to the US government which then enables us to have aircraft carriers, S&B scopes, and which enables your taxes to stay LOW. Otherwise someone has to make up the difference for all those nice toys we flaunt around the world.

I am also talking about American business doing business in Liberia supporting industries here, and hiring Americans directly or indirectly!
That is not a debatable notion. We shouldn't even be debating if the US makes money there or not. That's way too basic! Please, I hope you are joking. Massachusetts is overly regulated, poor in resources, 4 times smaller than Liberia, but even there is money in Massachusetts, let a lone a country that
needs infrastructure, has untouched raw resources, and sub-developed infrastructure. Why do you think those flights are there? Tourism?

Let's even use the kind of debatable logic that goes on here and ignore how basic economies work. Why do you think that just a few years back we pulled 1st recon out of Iraq in the middle of the war to send them to Liberia?
Why do you think that years before that at the slightest sign of political trouble we moved an entired crewed destroyer to their coast? Why ? Because there is no money there? Really? IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IRAQ WAR!

You can argue may be the money isn't worth the risk, which would be a dubious argument, but at least it's nuanced and somewhat of an opinion. Ok, I ll take that, but to say that there is no MONEY there? Really? :D

Last edited:
These "people" have no business in our country.

But we have business is theirs! That's a fact Sir! Sad as it is, but that's how we are maintaining our greatness. It's not just Idaho potatoes and Freedom!
And again, Liberians aren't likely to have money to travel here as the video shows. It's the westerners who go there for business and return home!

Ok, show me your "mindset" is right. show me you don't have "nuanced wrong statements". I looked and couldn't find anything that shows it's "flourishing" like you said.

You should call the US consulate in Monrovia, and ask them the public business imperatives of the United states vis a vis Liberia. Put in freedom of information request in DC. That's how a citizen learns about their countries dealing.
Without saying much, I can tell you that we make a sh*t ton of money in these places.

This is just a few weeks back, and this is just trade, just trade, not vested US businesses and jobs: Obama's U.S.-Africa Forum Will Catalyze $14 Billion In Business Deals - Forbes

You should call the US consulate in Monrovia, and ask them the public business imperatives of the United states vis a vis Liberia. Put in freedom of information request in DC. That's how a citizen learns about their countries dealing.
Without saying much, I can tell you that we make a sh*t ton of money in these places.

This is just a few weeks back, and this is just trade, just trade, not vested US businesses and jobs: Obama's U.S.-Africa Forum Will Catalyze $14 Billion In Business Deals - Forbes

Ok, First Africa is a continent. Not a country.
Second, your link says nothing about Liberia the country.

Hint:
United States is a country.
North America is a continent.

If that link said "North America" it does not specify United States. It could mean Canada.