• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is everyone happy with their B&C Medalist A2

Re: Is everyone happy with their B&C Medalist A2

Crockett - nice rig...is that Wyatts bottom metal with a 10 round mag? I have one on order along with B&C stock. How do you like it? And did it drop right in to the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tanda10506</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're terrible. Ugly, unergonomic, heavy
</div></div>

Do you have one? Can't imagine anybody that has one thinking that. </div></div>

No I don't, because I used one and thought to myself 'why would anyone buy this piece of shit'</div></div>

I don't have one so I'm not biased, but its pretty obvious you're a pretty sour fella. People have these things called opinions. Your opinion is obviously negative, but that doesn't mean everyone's is. Let people like what they want to like.

With that said, for my first precision rifle build, the B&C stocks are on my list of possible stocks.

Im not one for really complaining about what I use. I just make due with what I have and have some fun sending metal down-range. </div></div>

You're right, I shouldn't use something, not like it, then tell people so. I should tell them that I loved it, dishonesty is a much better policy

Get over yourself

I have 2 both on savage actions and like them as they fit my budget. I paid less than $200 shipped for each. This was the area I was going to "cheap out" on for the builds. I bedded the .308 but not the .223 The .223 definitely needs a skim bedding. Yes they have their draw backs and I do not think they are as good as the others mentioned in this thread. If I could afford better I would buy better, but with a little work they are functional.

pyplynr I really like the work you did on your stock. Looks like a winter project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
tanda10506 said:
Bevan said:
They're terrible. Ugly, unergonomic, heavy
</div></div>

No I don't, because I used one and thought to myself 'why would anyone buy this piece of shit'</div></div>

You're right, I shouldn't use something, not like it, then tell people so. I should tell them that I loved it, dishonesty is a much better policy

Get over yourself </div></div>

I have 2 and I really like them. I don't think he is sayingto lie about it, but there is always room for tact when voicing your opinions. Out of curiousity, what stocks do you prefer and why?

CL1KKL4C, can you explain how you did that light texturing on the fore end and grip? thanks.

I have a MCM A-5LA & MCM A-4 SA and have to say if i did it again i would get the B&C Metalists instead - way cheaper, aluminum bed, and from the front of the action back it 95% matches my A-4

I've had the A2 Medalist for about 2 months now, and the flat bottomed wide forearm is too awkward for me to hold while shooting it off hand.
A couple of days ago, I decided that I was going to modify the forearm and sanded the sides flat. Then it felt too skinny while holding it.

I am reforming the forearm to make it a little thicker and more rounded so its more comfortable to hold and also slimming out the vertical grip just a bit.

If you are shooting bench rest or strictly off the bipod, I think its a fine stock, its ergonomics become more of an issue when shooting from other positions.