• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Grayboe as good as McMillan or Manners?

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
Fixing to order my barrel for my new tenacity action in a couple days , then after I get my trigger I’ll finally be able to get its stock or chassis. I was wondering if these grayboe fiberglass stocks would be as tough and accurate and durable as the McMillan fiberglass stocks or manners composite stocks ( I really like the adjustable renegade better than the ridgeback but would
Take either ). I wouldprefer manners if I come across the right deal but may be settling with the grayboe if it is decent quality. And yes I will be glass bedding the action to the stock. For the money , i can get a lower-mid end chassis also , but I think that will be last resort

I have one of their Renegade stocks on my Tikka T3 CTR,; here weren't many options for it at the time.. Little bit of flex under the fore-end, but only notice if i really mash on it. For the money, pretty hard to beat.

I have a Renegade and Outlander. I have no complaints with either of them. I have been eyeballing the Grayboe Phoenix.

I know I’m being a little picky and splitting hairs , but if I were to have to of the same exact barrels actions , 1 on grayboe stock , 1 on McMillan stock , and 1 on manners stock , would there be any differences in accuracy? Sorry I’m just fairly new to this stuff

I know I’m being a little picky and splitting hairs , but if I were to have to of the same exact barrels actions , 1 on grayboe stock , 1 on McMillan stock , and 1 on manners stock , would there be any differences in accuracy? Sorry I’m just fairly new to this stuff
Possibly, but nobody can answer that definitively. A stock can absolutely fit a person poorly, and that can make you shoot poorly. If a stock fits you well, you're likely to shoot rhe rifle well. They all make great stocks, and these days good stocks generally adjust in about 50 directions so they will fit almost anyone. Just buy what you think you want, and if you get it and decide you don't like it, bring it here and sell it and try a different one. If you're worried about wasting money, delete your snipers hide account and stop buying guns. This is an expensive hobby for the indecisive, ask me how I know.

I personally don't think you would see a difference in accuracy if everything was equal and the stock fit you.
I'm no expert though.

Reactions: Kms33kms
You wont see an accuracy difference.

Have owned all.

for a rifle like 99% of users here are using them, no issue.

Im guessing since you asking, you arent a Delta Seal CIA Mossad sniper hit man and gigolo, so a Greyboe will work just fine.

Possibly, but nobody can answer that definitively. A stock can absolutely fit a person poorly, and that can make you shoot poorly. If a stock fits you well, you're likely to shoot rhe rifle well. They all make great stocks, and these days good stocks generally adjust in about 50 directions so they will fit almost anyone. Just buy what you think you want, and if you get it and decide you don't like it, bring it here and sell it and try a different one. If you're worried about wasting money, delete your snipers hide account and stop buying guns. This is an expensive hobby for the indecisive, ask me how I know.
Very valid
Point. It’s cause I’m building this rifle piece by piece in between paychecks and I got too much time on my hands to window shop. If I had all the funds up front I would have already made a decision and purchased

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I've seen 2 Phoenix stocks snap right behind the grip. They thinned it up too much trying to hit that 32oz mark.

• Wow
Is that a problem only with that particular model? The phoenix?
I believe so. They scalloped a lot of the butt stock area and I noticed my right wrist dropped into that area when just gripping the rifle. One did happen on a fall while hunting and it hit pretty hard. Could have been an imperfection in just that one, but I have seen video of one other breaking in the same spot.

• Wow
I know it is an inopportune time, but they do have a lifetime warranty don't they, the Grayboe stocks?