• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it over!!!????

fireman610

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2008
Southern Indiana ( Evansville)
I walked into my LGS and Low and Behold what do I see!!!??? CCI SV and Aguila Subbys (40gr flavor) a whole shelf w no limits!!! And Priced fair 4.25/50 rd cardboard box! I asked the owner what the catch was...did I have to buy a gun for that price for ammo he chuckled said no and off to the races I went. I was fair I only bought a brick of each. I wasnt the greatest deal in the world but better than what ive been seeing!!!

Yeah here the prices have started coming back down too. I think a friend of mine just bought 100rds for about $3 to $5.

still have not gotten any 22lrs but my smith has semi auto pistols still on the shelf, the ak stayed for a week but its colorado were still buying guns faster than they hit the shelf. .223 and 5.56 are staying on the shelfs and 5 box limit.

Not Yet

It's not over. Not yet. Guns are a little more available but not ammo. What they stores get still sells out in a couple hours here in Northern Michigan. Maybe it will by fall if nothing bad happens.

Lock and Load! :D

Well it sure isn't over here either. I haven't seen 22's on shelves of wal mart in months. My lgs does get 22's in on a regular basis but if you aren't there in the first hour or two, they are gone.

Academy still has limits for popular calibers, but (except for 22lr) they tend to have some on the shelves. Walmart is hit and miss on 308 and 223. Nothing in 22lr. The lgs are better, but prices there are still pretty scary. The semi auto guns are back on the shelves but prices still seem to be keeping them there. Overall, at least in the Houston area, I don't think the end is here, but it is near...

The supply pipeline is starting to fill. Prices will adjust as the shelves fill.

Frankly I hope we have such a glut of ammo and components that prices drop to a level where all the "flippers" get stuck with their supplies. And then for good measure I would wish a large dog show up and take a whiz on their stored "inventory".

As it is, my regular supplier is starting to have components back in stock. Just a little overwhelmed still in the shipping department but patience will pay off.

I expect that a lot of people who hear the suggestion "keep a good reserve" will now listen rather than just figuring what they need will always be on a shelf for them.

I haven't seen .22LR shells (except for shot shells) since last November at retailers. Prices at gun shows are $25.00/100 or $65-$105/500 cheap stuff. At one of our large gun stores, the salesman said a guy is packaging shells in sandwich bags and selling them for $1.00 each. Hopefully things ease up soon! It's hard to get my kids out shooting when there's no ammo to replace my stock...

I am not seeing .22 much in local shops (but some do have it occasionally). And I am talking about somewhat reasonable prices.

But it is coming up more often online, and you can find the normal stuff under 10 cents a round.

Found Federal Automatch at a local shop in San Antonio (Nagels) yesterday. Fresh off the shelf from Walmart, $65.00 for 325 rounds. Fuckers.

Don't think it's over yet. In Richmond, va .22 is never on the shelves anywhere. I think you have to be one of the people waiting at Walmart for them to stock the shelves at 7am in order to get it.
I drove up to jersey this weekend and stopped in Maryland a few places on the way and it was the same story. Found a place in jersey that had some, but apparently you need a state issued firearms ID to buy ammo.
Ended up driving into Philly to pay $40 for a 333 round box of winchester and $15 for a 100 round box of cci mini mags. :/

The Northwest is still really ammo dry....I did a three city tour yesterday morning and hit up all of the local spots....and ended up really disapointed. Only small amounts of hunting ammo on the shelves, no powder, small selection of projectiles, and no primers. Its got to change soon....but when? I've got a trip to Montana at the end of next month and I need to stock up before the trip. Cause there is no way I'm breaking into my ammo stash, not after the last couple years.

Im set on most stuff but 22. Shooting a 10/22 dumps ammo fast.

still crappy in San Antonio.
limits still at academy, bass pro, etc. I can usually find a certain caliber over the course of 2 weeks but I'm normally limited to 1 -3 different brands or weights (grains)
it is slowly getting better....

Not coming back in my area of Texas. Made my weekly trip to walmart this morning and all they had was the usual, 300 WSM, 270, 243 and the like.

No 308, 223, 9mm, 45acp and no type of rimfire!

I was at the Ft Worth Cabelas yesterday and they had a lot of the PMC bronze 223, but they had a 5 box total limit on ammo purchases.

Not coming back in my area of Texas. Made my weekly trip to walmart this morning and all they had was the usual, 300 WSM, 270, 243 and the like.

No 308, 223, 9mm, 45acp and no type of rimfire!

I was at the Ft Worth Cabelas yesterday and they had a lot of the PMC bronze 223, but they had a 5 box total limit on ammo purchases.

If this continues people might just start buying the ammo that's on the shelf, especially if it uses a 30 cal bullet and pulling it down. Use the powder, bullet, and primer in the proper case. When times get tough it may be necessary to resort to tough solutions :);)

its not over by a long shot in my area. the shop closest to me doesnt have any 22lr and are trying to sell 168gr fggm 308 for $59.95 a box. not that its actually been selling at that ridiculous price or anything.

I was at my local Walmart Friday evening and I couldn't believe the line at the ammo counter, people packed in like a heard of cattle for what little ammo they had received.

only 22 ammo I have seen is online. Wal Mart has been non-existent.

The reason Walmart is failing us so miserably is the employees are getting to the .22 and cheap ammo (Tula) first and flipping it on the side. When they reach their daily limit they call their "buddies" to pick up the rest. Hence the reason you only see hunting ammo.

I was PISSED when a friend, who works at Wally World, gave me the skinny

The reason Walmart is failing us so miserably is the employees are getting to the .22 and cheap ammo (Tula) first and flipping it on the side. When they reach their daily limit they call their "buddies" to pick up the rest. Hence the reason you only see hunting ammo.

I was PISSED when a friend, who works at Wally World, gave me the skinny

If that's happening at your local Walmart, tell the manager. It's against store policy to give employees first dibs on ANYTHING in the store, and ESPECIALLY ammunition. I know this because my girlfriend is a manager of one and had been unable to get her hands on anything.
They get a few 50 round boxes of 22 here and there and it always goes to the customers.

If that's happening at your local Walmart, tell the manager. It's against store policy to give employees first dibs on ANYTHING in the store, and ESPECIALLY ammunition. I know this because my girlfriend is a manager of one and had been unable to get her hands on anything.
They get a few 50 round boxes of 22 here and there and it always goes to the customers.
Awesome to know. It's an urban wallyworld, in a very very shady side of town. It's literally ranked one of the worst walmarts in the nation. I'll holler at one of the GMs regardless if it'll fall on deaf ears.

In northern Ohio .22lr and 9mm are non-existent on any store shelf. However, I am having wonderful luck finding them online. The local stores seem to have .223 as well as .40. Guns are not much trouble - my LGS has plenty of ARs, AKs and other semi-autos in stock.

I've noticed that parts such as magazines or AR lowers are available all the time now online at pre-panic prices. Perhaps its only around the corner that things get completely back to normal.

LGS had Fed'l Auto Match 325rds for $15.99 Limit 1. Fed'l Gold Target $41.99/brick Limit 1. M193 900rds/$409 Limit 1.

Granted the Auto Match is $14.27 at WalMart, but the gun shop owner doesn't let his employees hide the ammo from the customers.

Good thing I was stocking up before it was the cool thing to do. Might have to ride it out still a bit longer.

Good thing I was stocking up before it was the cool thing to do. Might have to ride it out still a bit longer.

And you can extend your "ride" if you pick up a little here and there as it appears.

I've been picking up some bullets as I see them, a box here, a box there, and paying pre-panic prices, believe it or not. I figure that I'll be able to shoot just like regular until they've inoculated everyone against the stupidity that has been epidemic.

Another thing that I noticed is that Champions Choice is no longer accepting back orders for the Wolf MT. I placed an order back in April for a case of wolf mt. It was on back order for about 4-6 weeks. It came in about a week ago. Last week I checked to see if it could still be back ordered and it could not.

Not exactly sure what that means, but I still don't think it is over. At least not in my area of north Texas.

It probably means they have a lot of backorders to fill.

It is not over, but getting better.

defenitely not over but "easing off" a little bit.

150 cases of Eley match went on sale today and most of it is gone, people are chomping at the bit.those who didn't get any and are waiting for the next load to arrive.It's not over.I was in Bass Pro today and there was no ammo to be found with a 2 box limit and a 1 box limit on bulk pack.

Sad but you have to dig for ammo.

If it's over I sure didn't see it around here. Nothing's available, especially .22LR. I have over the past few wks gotten sporadic "in-stock" notification emails from a few online suppliers but they are usually gone by the time I click the link, and I'm talking within 10-15mins.

I've noticed guns aren't selling nearly as quick anymore, and some of the non-military calibers of ammo are coming back into (and staying) in stock, such as 7mm, .45 ACP, etc. However, military and police-caliber ammo is still non-existent around here. .22 seems to be hit or miss. Usually it's out, but when it's in, there's tons of it.

No shit, I bought 2 cases of CCI Blazer for blasting, a case of CCI SV, a half a case of wolf, and a few bricks of SK SV long before the panic. I'm pretty well insulated on this one.

Theres no ammo in local stores here but guns are starting to go back on the shelves a bit longer. I have been getting good prices for ammo online though

No shit, I bought 2 cases of CCI Blazer for blasting, a case of CCI SV, a half a case of wolf, and a few bricks of SK SV long before the panic. I'm pretty well insulated on this one.

It's always funny to hear what other people consider 'stocked up'. In my version of 'stocked up' you've just got a small 'head-start'.

I think it's getting better but it's not over yet. Looks like there is some light at the end of the tunnel though. Actually seeing something on the shelves is great but pricing is still a factor. I just saw some Wolf .22 on line but at .30-.40 cents a round, no thanks. The dumb ass that I am cancelled 2500 rounds of Wolf back in February thinking "things will be good by June", no need to tie that money up and wait. I still have a pretty good supply, but my hats off to you guys that saw this coming.

Awesome to know. It's an urban wallyworld, in a very very shady side of town. It's literally ranked one of the worst walmarts in the nation. I'll holler at one of the GMs regardless if it'll fall on deaf ears.

Go to corporate. The GM may be in on it. There is a thread on another forum with all of the "intricacies" of buying at walmart. If there is a problem, go to Bill Simon.

I was amazed yesterday at my local Cabela's. I went in shortly after noon and the shelves actually had some components on the shelf. Also, over 50# of powder on the shelves. Most I've seen since January.

At some point even the most paranoid will stop just grabbing ammo and components just because they're there. I think that most who were "flipping" have found themselves with a lot of money tied up in stuff nobody in their right mind would pay their price.

Personally I like to keep a year's supply or so on hand. Now, as I wander through the stores I only buy what I need to replenish from what's available. It's coming back and I've still got my "years's supply".

I don't know if there is a cure for the paranoid. Ammo will come back and when it does I expect all us will buy a bit more then usual. Not because we need it, but because we'll remember what has happened with this latest ammo shortage and we don't want to get caught by the short hairs again. Look at the bright side... When the paranoid ammo buyers die off, there will be tons of ammo to buy at their estate auction, and it'll probably sell for less then what the deceased paranoid buyer of now, paid for it.

Once again, went into our local shop which is about 21,000 square feet and has at least 1000 guns in stock at all times. Probably more, I am just judging by what stays on the shelves. No telling what I can't see.
Once again, no 22LR, a handful of .308 bullets, almost no smokeless powder, 5 or 6 boxes of .223 ammo, no .308 or .223 brass, don't even think about asking for primers. Needless to say it isn't over. Left there and went to Wal-Mart. If you have a .270 they have all you want. Other than that, stay home.