• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is it possible

oobray

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
dallas area, tx
I'm interested in getting a scope for my AR so I can hunt with it. The problem is that I also have the AR by my bed for home defense when I'm not hunting. Is it possible with the T-marks on the flat top to be able to remove and replace the scope and it stay accurate?

Re: Is it possible

It's a flattop receiver? Removing the carry handle and mounting a scope will change the poi. It may be close to zero after changing, but that depends on the quality of the carry handle and scope mount.
On my Colt it will be within about 1" at 100 yards after changing over but still needs to be rezeroed. I have good mounts that are very solid when installed- very little play, so it stays relatively close.
Have you considered a reddot scope and using it for both hunting and defense?

Jim

oooobray, I tried to email you a good article about this but you seem too afraid to post a contact point as well. I understand. This world is scary.

For your guestion though, the answer is YES. Google "LARUE"

Daniel Defense also makes a cool "1'oclock" mount for a red dot. Check into that.

yes, I don't leave my personal contact information for fear of spam email.

I do have a flat top. What mounts do you think would be appropriate for my described purpose.

I'm not really interested in red dots except for possibly the MeproLight or the Trijicon because I am leary about something that requires batteries to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have you considered a reddot scope and using it for both hunting and defense?

Jim </div></div>

+1 perhaps leave the reddot on all the time and get a detachable 3x or 5x magnifier for hunting?