• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..in addition to 300000 well equiped, well trained and motivated Finnish soldiers..

In the 80'ies a Finnish general attending a military conference in Europe was asked by media, who thought he was from one of the the then occupied Baltic states, the following question: "How many Soviet soldiers are deployed in your country?"
Answer: "About 200000 6 feet deep along the border!"

I was posted to Moscow in 1988, Helsinki was the R&R location.

I found myself in Helsinki on their Independence Day some point first half of December.

I got invited back to a house to continue to celebrate when "The Hot Apple" closed or got boring.

The Finns felt the Russian presence and appreciated America, 1988 was so innocent.

Next morning I got up to a giant Scandinavian breakfast of smoked fish and stuff, I met the old man.

The girl explained I was a soldier and being prideful I had to correct them and claim Marine.

The father started making machine gun noise and saying "Roos" and the daughters explained he was in the war.

Kind of shrunk my USMC in peacetime pride to be with a warrior.

Is it me or are the Ukrainians winning the social media war? All I see over on Twitter is Ukrainian battlefield success. Hell this morning I saw a long tweet on Russia POWs... 10s of pictures of captured Russians soldiers. Then there are hundreds of tweets reporting '3 Russian vehicles destroyed' 'Russia attack defeated' and 'Such and Such city/town retaken'. Many many reports on 'thank you US, UK, your ATGMs help us kill the invaders'. They even created a 'meme' inspired by the Javelin - "Saint Javelin"-

I thought the Russians were masters of social media? Yet they appear to be losing here badly. Maybe the battle isn't won on social media, but the war might be... ?

At the least, Ukraine has not lost the will to fight after 3 days of very tough fighting and heavy losses. Hoping that @TheGerman 's thesis that Russian logistics suck comes into play. It appears that Red Army is still introducing BTGs, including their heavier armored ones, into the fight, so this thing is far from over. RE @TheGerman statement that there is a good defensive line behind the city of Kiev - maybe, but is the will to fight maintained if they loss Kiev and are forced there?

1645875936933.png

also, US announced deployment of additional 7k soldiers, two bdes, likely one from 101 and the other 1st ABCT from 3ID (Go Raiders!!!!)

I *think* this is the second ABCT we will add, giving us three once they all are there - 1/1, 3/4 and 1/3. Plus the Stryker Sqd, a BDE from 82 and one from 101. Good bit of the 173d has deployed to Baltics. Plus the F35s (great discussion above), F-15s and the stationed F-16.

Brits have put in another Arm'd Battalion TF, given them essentially a Armored Bde in Estonia. Germans are reluctantly moving forward a PzG battalion, putting them close to a PzG Bde in Lithuania. Poles remain at a very high state of readiness (anxiously awaiting those 250 M1A2s they ordered).

3 NATO carriers in the Med, plus probably a USN SSGN (love those old Ohio boats).

Given how fuck'ed Uncle Joe's Red Army is getting in Ukraine, NATO will have enough ground force backed by US airpower and naval power to defeat anything but a full Putin mental nuclear break-down.

Reactions: Davo308
for some reason called a "glazed over europe", i dont think europe or america are that silly right at this moment.
china is at the ready, i also suspect others countries are hiding in the shadows to do what they want to do to their enemies if the north atlantic terror organisation make a move. at present everyone is paying lip service to the media and each other. no one has balls big enough to make the first move. history has shown many a time, those who start something end up losing, much like whats been happening in ukraine. ukraine could not stick to the minsk agreement and kept pushing for 7 years, something had to give, and it did a few days ago...

one day more people will use common sense to solve all issues, until then, lip service and chest beating it is...

There's a good "debate" video between Sprey and an F35 F22pilot.

The pilot was extremely kind but ran circles around Sprey.

Also his contributions seem to be greatly exaggerated.

Yeah he’s just a naysaying angry old man.

I’ve seen that before, young guy is trying to be nice the whole time without saying that your stuck in 1985, and have no idea of how we train anymore.

Reactions: Hegre and Davo308
I think China not Russia could take over the world they already crippled the USA by having our government shut down manufacturing to buy all goods from China making us depended on them as we just seen with covid. As for Putin I think the godfather reference rings true... "If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone."

Drone flocks that are released and guided by the F35, it's like what Bitcoin is to currency, supposed to be game changing but still have to see it in action to believe it?
I haven’t seen this but it possible with the right drone configurations. There are BAAs and forward looking publications by the army and navy that are looking for this kind of tech. IIRC, DARPA landed a drone inside of a c130 in flight last year.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that what you describe will be the future of warfare.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that is true. They could dump their holdings, which would fuck us both. But maybe I'm wrong.
The debt doesn’t count.

If the US says we are not funding China debt services…nothing matters.

China says …ok, I’m not selling you anything.

The US says, no prob I’ll buy it from Italy instead at a higher price.

China then has no exports and their economy collapses overnight.

The buyer US is hurt for sure, but the buyer has the power not the seller especially when there are other suppliers. The COGS and lead times will change but “cash is king”…buying power.

That’s why the only thing that counts is the economy, the rest is how you spend that economy.

With the billions of dollars in weapons that have been given to the Ukraine government. Did they not think about a defensive weapon on that island? Standing up to a naval ship with your AK??

With the billions of dollars in weapons that have been given to the Ukraine government. Did they not think about a defensive weapon on that island? Standing up to a naval ship with your AK??

Considering how wide open the country is the Russians are doing a terrible job of conquering it. Kiev is what, 80 miles from the Belarus border? Either the Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight or the Russians are hopelessly incompetent.

One of the better videos of the mech/armor fight. Watch as the guy w/ NLAW walks up thru the Ukrainian armor and looks down the street for targets. Only thing to see is burning Russian fighting vehicles.

Reactions: Davo308 and KZP
Considering how wide open the country is the Russians are doing a terrible job of conquering it. Kiev is what, 80 miles from the Belarus border? Either the Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight or the Russians are hopelessly incompetent.
Both? For the most part, I don't believe the hearts of the Russian soldiers are in this fight. Ukraine has done nothing to them. They are following orders, or else. If the soldier's hearts are not in the battle, most likely the battle is lost.

Last edited:
The debt doesn’t count.

If the US says we are not funding China debt services…nothing matters.

China says …ok, I’m not selling you anything.

The US says, no prob I’ll buy it from Italy instead at a higher price.

China then has no exports and their economy collapses overnight.

The buyer US is hurt for sure, but the buyer has the power not the seller especially when there are other suppliers. The COGS and lead times will change but “cash is king”…buying power.

That’s why the only thing that counts is the economy, the rest is how you spend that economy.

I was telling my wife we need to have a lower "quantity" in life but "higher quality" of life.

The only thing China has given us is a house full of Home Goods shit.

We would be better off with fewer, higher priced, quality belongings than this existence of excess garbage that means nothing.

Hand forged tomahawks....

image.jpg

And Remington 700s with 5 digit receivers or Pre 64 Winchesters in walnut is what I am all about.

I was telling my wife we need to have a lower "quantity" in life but "higher quality" of life.

The only thing China has given us is a house full of Home Goods shit.

We would be better off with fewer, higher priced, quality belongings than this existence of excess garbage that means nothing.

Hand forged tomahawks....

View attachment 7816092

And Remington 700s with 5 digit receivers or Pre 64 Winchesters in walnut is what I am all about.
Is that tomahawk from the Elizabeth Warren Collection ?

Why are we now believing anything we hear about this conflict?

Believe half of what you hear and reverse the other half to the opposite meaning you will probably find the truth.

Is that tomahawk from the Elizabeth Warren Collection ?

No this one isn't fake.

Given to me by a bunch of nut hiders........

Russian T72 w/ one of those roof cage anti-missile systems
after encountering a US Javelin fired by a Ukrainian.
Safe to say those roof cages aren't worth the install time or the scrape metal used.

FMhvZLlWQAYN5nz

Not seeing the image or link?

If your not conquering then why live, its time in history to take property and wealth. Living in a society weakens people which creates prey for the rulers of the world.

1. Genghis Khan -- 4,860,000 Square Miles
  2. 2 Alexander The Great -- 2,180,000 Square Miles
  3. 3 Tamerlane -- 2,145,000 Square Miles
  4. 4 Cyrus The Great -- 2,090,000 Square Miles
  5. 5 Attila the Hun -- 1,450,000 Square Miles
  6. 6 Adolf Hitler -- 1,370,000 Square Miles

when Cyrus conquered the world, he was often greeted as a Liberator. People preferred him to their present rulers. Ask the Jews, they referred to him as a political "Messiah". literally. “to his [Yahweh's] messiah, to Cyrus, whom I [Yahweh] took by his right hand to subdue nations before him” (Isa 45:1)

He also wrote a Declaration of Rights for his empire that is better than anything the UN ever came up with a couple thousand years later.

"Now that I have placed the crowns of the kingdom of Iran, Babylon, and all the nations of the four corners (of the world) on my head with the help of Ahura Mazda, I announce that I will respect the traditions, customs and religions of the nations of my empire and never let any of my governors and subordinates look down on or insult them while I am alive. From now on, till Ahura Mazda grants me the kingdom favor, I will impose my monarchy on no nation. Each is free to accept it , and if any one of them rejects it, I never resolve on war to reign. While I am the king of Iran, Babylon, and the nations of the four directions, I will never let anyone oppress any others, and if it occurs , I will take his or her right back and penalize the oppressor. And while I am the monarch, I will never let anyone take possession of movable and landed properties of the others by force or without compensation. While I am alive, I prevent unpaid, forced labor. Today I announce that everyone is free to choose a religion. People are free to live in all regions and take up a job provided that they never violate other's rights. No one may be penalized for his or her relatives' faults. I prevent slavery and my governors and subordinates are obliged to prohibit exchanging men and women as slaves within their own ruling domains. Such a traditions should be exterminated the world over. I implore to Ahura Mazda to make me succeed in fulfilling my obligations to the nations of Iran (Persia), Babylon, and all the four directions." -the Cyrus Charter

Reactions: Davo308 and candyx

No idea what he’s saying but between the fog and surprise tank in the ditch I think they’re doing things right

I am having trouble getting accurate battlefield updates from Ukraine. Youtube is full of complete bullshit right now - short videos that show nothing, but have some ridiculous narrative attached to them, which the video does not support.

Here is a guy who in the past has been proven to get accurate info. He is a pro-Russian source though, so if you can get through that, you may see some good hard data.

https://thesaker.is/russian-operation-in-the-ukraine-end-of-day-2/

It seems the ''Snake Island'' story was fake all 82 Ukrainian soldiers surrendered, none killed or wounded.

Obviously paraded for the cameras , considering that the story of supposed last stand on Snake Island was widely published

Othervise its becoming hard to find up to date footage as soo much stuff is being recycled and both sides are in full propaganda mode.

Last edited:
I was waiting to see the video of the barrage from the naval ship.
Next question was why they didn't have defensive weapon on the island?
It seems the ''Snake Island'' story was fake all 82 Ukrainian soldiers surrendered, none killed or wounded.

Obviously paraded for the cameras , considering that the story of supposed last stand on Snake Island was widely published

Reactions: BLEE and XP1K

I suspected as much but I don't care.

Great rallying cry: "Go Fuck Yourself!"

it a cheap copy.
Brigadier General Anthony C. McAuliffe at Bastogne:
"Nuts"
Maybe so, thought the same but "Go Fuck Yourself" is much more graphic and didn't need interpretation to gather the complete meaning.

The reporting and footage on the "war" is really fucky. Now this Snake Island tale. Every dip shit in the world has a cell phone. You would think the output would be of decent quality and all over the place.

• Love
Reactions: OldSalty2
Status
Not open for further replies.