• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the 6.5 Creedmoor too "perfect" of a round for a "Battle Rifle"?

139305270800338683433474.jpg

In a serious and directly-related question… is the man-bun “too perfect” a hairstyle for a human being?

View attachment 7693903

Where a mere old sloppy flat-top just sort of sticks randomly out of the head like wheat stubble waiting to blow off in the wind.

Thanks for any advice…

Sirhr
Is this still available? Asking for a friend. 🤮

This one has potential...

Just for shits and giggles, OP... Do a quick google search for "M80 ball" and tell us what you think of "battle rifles" and ~147gr projectiles not being enough...
Beat me to it, standard NATO.

I considered the OP and came up with:

In a SHTF scenario, if you have to shoot youre neighbor and take his food and ammo, or just scavenging for it in a pinch, what are you most likely to find.

-223/556
-762x39
-6.5 CM

I kept the 556 and 308. Nothing wrong with the 762x39, I just prefer the AR to the AK.

If I want to put pretty little holes in paper at a long range in good times, 6.5.

I shot a good size sow with a 100gr speer softpoint 243. Pass through. Ran about 50 yards and died
Shot about a 100 pound boar with a 9mm, 115 xtreme penetrator. Pass through. Ran about 50 yards and died.
Buddy shot a slighly larger boar with a 6.5 Creedmoor. I think it was a 129gr Federal deer season bullet? Used a range finder, ran exactly 50 yards and died. I remember teh entrance was a pencil hole, the exit was about the size of a quarter and there were pieces of lung on the ground behind where it was shot.

I have shot a small doe facing me in the chest, 30-06 165gr HPBT gameking. Ran 30 yards or so and died.
Shot a huge buck with my bow. Pass through. Ran 75? and died.

The only times I have dropped an animal in its tracks were
With the 30-06, head shot on a doe looking at me.
And almost every hog I've shot with a 12 gauge and 00 buckshot, probably around 20 now.

Ok, I'm lying.
My buddy shot the boar with the 6.5.....
And then it tried to mount him :ROFLMAO:

I came here to shit post and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I hear 6.5 shooters are good at blowing things by the way...

Screenshot_20210831-185524_Gallery.jpg

Thank you sir!!!!
You are right... damn this place is going to hell! Used to be able to tell the bear pit from the regular threads. ;-)

BTW, OP joins last night... something like 4 messages. And first thing he is asking about is killing power of rounds...

I smell a rotten fish. Either an agent provocateur or someone who should be on a watch list...

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr

Aw hell this one gonna get more interesting and entertaining since it got moved down here to the pit..............popping popcorn.........let the fuckery continue

I used a .308 once and came home, my hard drive on the computer was erased, wife was pregnant, daughter had an F in math class, and my son took up knitting as a hobby.
I never had these issues with my 6.5
Was your husband mad when you came home late?

I think we need to lay out some definitions:

"Battle Rifle"
A rifle from days of yore, when men were men, we killed everything with our Bowie Knives, walking uphill both ways to school in blinding snow in 100 degree heat. Known to stop Jerry by the very sound of it being chambered, let alone those filthy Nips who had to be flamed out of every nook and cranny of the pacific. Useful in Liberating Cuba, Europe, Central America and Korea (not valid north of 38th Parallel). Carried between 5-20 rounds in the magazine, usually weighed about 47 lbs because WE WERE MEN GODDAMMIT

"Assualt RIfle"
Pansy ass plastic that is the bane of Modern Society. All Modern day ills including CRT, GLobal Warming, and Afghanistan are because we switched to 5.56 and the Plastic Colt AR-15 (which was the 15th version of the assault rifle (thus AR) invented by the CIA), betraying our mancode and laying the precursor to the "Woke" 6.5 Creedmoor. Useful in losing to towelheads, Charlie, Democrats. Also weighs about 47 pounds cause you idiots can't say no to a cool new accessory to strap on.

"Hunting Round"
Child killing bullets banned by the Geneva Convention

"Ball Ammo"
Child Killing Bullets banned by the State Wildlife Management AND EVERY DUMB ASS RANGE IN DALLAS

30-06
God's Round

270 Winchester
DON'T MAKE GODS ROUND GO FAST YOU PANSY. BIG AND HEAVY ONLY. (its like in Exodus or something)

303 British
Old Testament God's Round before he dropped his british accent and found himself and said 'Murica

8MM Mauser
Please God don't be German

6.5 Swede
Those damn blond swedes beat all all to be being homos for 6.5 rounds. They prance around in the forest shooting elk, deer, and other animals which because 6.5 is underpowered as a bullet, they must then hump to death.

New Testament God's Round. Too manly for today's youth. Will penatrate anything from tank armor to concrete bunkers. Way too manly for today. That's why we don't use it anymore. Suitable for only small game like Squirrels and Moose

6.5 Creedmoor
A plot by liberals to make us all woke by shooting a 6.5 round formed from a 308 case. Invented by George Floyd for which he was killed

243 Winchester
A closet plot by liberals to get us to all use 6 mm and paint our stocks Pink with sparkles. Way underpowered for hunting. Excellent Deer round

30-30
SHUT UP OLD TIMER NO ONE CARES

The Devils Round. Will rattel arround inside you causing hydrostatic shock. Once created a 20 foot crater near a school. Can be shot at 4 million rounds a second and is heat seeking, smart guided to find innocent victims which it infects with AIDS so they die a horrible death. Suprsingly useless in combat because the enemy refuse to just quit and go home.

7.62x39
The best round ever
NO ITS NOT YOU COMMIE FAG
OMG YES IT IS YES IT IS
SHUT UP IT TRASH AND YOU KNOW ITS TRASH
(Soviet Devil's Round)

300 Blackout
American Copy of Soviet Copy of American Copy of German Copy of America's original Devil's Round.

300 Win Mag
Light recoiling deer rifle for youth and slender builds.

8mm Kurtz
"I know nothing"
Candidate for post of the year…

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
This thread just makes me want a PTR91 in 6.5 Creed. It's okay, you can admit you want one too.

6.5x54 Mannlicher. That’s the Austrian word for Manbun.

I reckon this is the wrong place to say " I have a 6,5 CM for sale." ;) 🙃

It’s actually pretty good… great writer and director. Cheesy, yes. But some gems in it. Eric Haney was a technical consultant on it. Good premise, too.
So you're saying ima film connesuier and not a dummy for watching it whenever I run across it.....sweet

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
US SOCOM adopted the 6.5 Creedmoor a few years ago in their M110's. They seem to think the round is plenty to take down bipedal threats...

SOCOM's Bullet points
-Doubles hit probability at 1000yards
-33% increase in effective range
-30% increase in energy on target
-40% decrease in wind effect
-Decreased recoil

30% increase in energy on target is because of retained velocity due to higher BC

Attachments

• img_1425.jpg
    img_1425.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: NoDopes
US SOCOM adopted the 6.5 Creedmoor a few years ago in their M110's. They seem to think the round is plenty to take down bipedal threats...

SOCOM's Bullet points
-Decreased recoil

30% increase in energy on target is because of retained velocity due to higher BC
There have been a few Rifles sent over built by people that post on here in 6.5.
Those were bolt from my understanding.

R

SOCOM's Bullet points
-Decreased recoil

BallisticsARC is showing 774ft-lb at 1000yards with 185gr federal gold medal bergers.

BallisticsARC is showing 774ft-lb at 1000yards with 185gr federal gold medal bergers.
They are stating it vs the 175 and out of a 22in barrel. 185's need 26in barrel range for 744lbs at 1000 or ~2650fps. A 140 out of a 6.5 creed with similar barrel length would make its energy at 1000 ~640ft-lbs. Also that 185's trajectory is going to be a rainbow compared to a flatter shooting 140 and will recoil much more (slower follow up shots). Which leads to the next problem, hit probability. In a dynamic environment where targets are moving and range estimation/speed estimation can be off, the faster 6.5 has more margin for error and a greater hit probability. The 6.5 Creedmoor has plenty of ass to kill at range and has many marked advantage over the 308

Last edited:
They are stating it vs the 175 and out of a 22in barrel. 185's need 26in barrel range for 744lbs at 1000 or ~2650fps. A 140 out of a 6.5 creed with similar barrel length would make its energy at 1000 ~640ft-lbs. Also that 185's trajectory is going to be a rainbow compared to a flatter shooting 140 and will recoil much more (slower follow up shots). Which leads to the next problem, hit probability. In a dynamic environment where targets are moving and range estimation/speed estimation can be off, the faster 6.5 has more margin for error and a greater hit probability. The 6.5 Creedmoor has plenty of ass to kill at range and has many marked advantage over the 308

I hear you.

After seeing all the lists of wanton waste left behind in astan I hope they never get it. Maybe some British.303s will turn up somewhere.

edit before anyone starts bitching: what would your dad say if you left all your shit out in the rain and it got stolen?

Last edited:
The commercial factory ammunition in 6.5 Creedmoor tends to max out at about 147 grains, and many of the commercial offerings are far lighter than that.

Whereas the classical NATO battle rifles [7.62/308] offered payloads out to 175 and even 185 grains.

When reading about the 6.5 Creedmoor, I keep stumbling upon comments like the following [concerning a 143 grain round]:

Or comments like this [concerning a 129 grain round]:

So is the 6.5 Creedmoor too "perfect" of a round for a Battle Rifle?

Is it too fast, too aerodynamic, too clean, too surgical?

Conversely, is there anything to be gained from using a bigger slower sloppier round in a Battle Rifle?

Thanks for any advice!
1630548023315.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
In the 1920's the plan was to go with .276 Pedersen. Other militaries around the world had zero problems killing people with 6.5mm cartridges, we would not either. The problem is that when targets are hardened or wearing body armor, the lighter the bullet the less damage they are getting.

6.5 Creedmoor was designed to be easy on the barrel for long life and for good performance across the course on a conventional highpower rifle match.

Reactions: reubenski
I have personally seen ap 308 vs 6.5cm on ar500 plate, and in all fairness it was a gasser 308 18” vs a 18” bolt gun, but cm caused more damage to the plates than the ap 308. Neither was impressive.

Well, that's just the thing.

Battle Rifles are designed to be aimed at a great big 6'6" 350-lb mammal which is charging you [and possibly tens or hundreds of such mammals all charging you at once].

With the 6.5 Creedmoor, I keep reading these field reports of "perfect pencil tip entry and perfect pencil tip exit".

So that gets me to wondering: If that perfect pencil tipped object fails to so much as nick an artery, then is the round so surgically precise & pure & perfect that its entry and exit won't even phase the 6'6" 350-lb mammal which is about to kill you?

Again: Would you be better off with a slower sloppier clumsier round, which nicked all sorts of vital parts, maybe without even exiting?

This is a serious question, by the way.

We are trying to upgrade to worst-case-scenario SHTF Battle Rifles, and we don't want to come to discover [once it's too late to do anything about it] that we had invested in the wrong platform.

Thanks again.
Who’s “We”, you in the Pentagon?

I have personally seen ap 308 vs 6.5cm on ar500 plate, and in all fairness it was a gasser 308 18” vs a 18” bolt gun, but cm caused more damage to the plates than the ap 308. Neither was impressive.
That is because when it comes to steel, speed is what kills it. M193 can pretty easily go through a lot of the AR500 armor. That's why in a lot of the videos from the manufacturers, they shoot it with slow stuff like 7.62x39 and slugs.

Reactions: jwramp and Jgunner
The commercial factory ammunition in 6.5 Creedmoor tends to max out at about 147 grains, and many of the commercial offerings are far lighter than that.

Whereas the classical NATO battle rifles [7.62/308] offered payloads out to 175 and even 185 grains.

When reading about the 6.5 Creedmoor, I keep stumbling upon comments like the following [concerning a 143 grain round]:

Or comments like this [concerning a 129 grain round]:

So is the 6.5 Creedmoor too "perfect" of a round for a Battle Rifle?

Is it too fast, too aerodynamic, too clean, too surgical?

Conversely, is there anything to be gained from using a bigger slower sloppier round in a Battle Rifle?

Thanks for any advice!
6.5 creed isn't for men, those typically on the battle field. It might be ok for the new woke transgender group....a battle can will come with complementary tampons