• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the 6.5prc a dead caliber before it really got started?

What is interesting is, an article is just an opinion from some guy.

People saying really really dumb shit about the 260 is based off some opinion. The 260 is 6.5-08, as in a necked down 308, why on earth would that have to be loaded in a long action ? Cause a guy wrote that....

Just asked yourself that, sure people used to load the 260 really long beyond mag length to get some extra speed, you can easily get an extra 50fps over a 6.5CM but nothing says you have to or need too ? The issue back in the day beyond magazine length was sticking the bullet in the lands and pulling it if you didn't fire it. Did someone mention a reamer ?

Really odd how people comprehend things, I mean I have written for Gun Digest for more than 4 years , does that mean every one of my opinions is right ? No, they are opinions, some are just based on different levels of experience

Heck my 97AW has been a 260 since 2008, it's a large firing pin, original AW, never once pierced a primer... that goes counter to the stories too, which is why all the "AIs" have small ones now. I just chose to load my stuff inside magazine length or use factory.
We cm guys get the same shit and it's out of inexperience with the rd

What is interesting is, an article is just an opinion from some guy.

People saying really really dumb shit about the 260 is based off some opinion. The 260 is 6.5-08, as in a necked down 308, why on earth would that have to be loaded in a long action ? Cause a guy wrote that....

Just asked yourself that, sure people used to load the 260 really long beyond mag length to get some extra speed, you can easily get an extra 50fps over a 6.5CM but nothing says you have to or need too ? The issue back in the day beyond magazine length was sticking the bullet in the lands and pulling it if you didn't fire it. Did someone mention a reamer ?

Really odd how people comprehend things, I mean I have written for Gun Digest for more than 4 years , does that mean every one of my opinions is right ? No, they are opinions, some are just based on different levels of experience

Heck my 97AW has been a 260 since 2008, it's a large firing pin, original AW, never once pierced a primer... that goes counter to the stories too, which is why all the "AIs" have small ones now. I just chose to load my stuff inside magazine length or use factory.
I load 140 ELDMS at 2.800 in my 260, shoots ridiculously well with good velocity.