• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is the EBR stock cheek rest ambi?

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
Is the cheek rest on the EBR stock for the m14 ambi? I know there is ambi sling loops and ect. I know from reading its on the heavy side but I would not mind having one. Who all owns one? I am a lefty so the cheekrest would be my only issue of not being able to have a use for one.
My 14 I had a custom barrel put on it but its a super heavy douglas barrel. I know it will not work with this setup as its listed for light and medium barrels only. So if i get one I would have to get another m14,lol. Those who own it how do you like it? Does it improve accuracy a lot over a standard setup?

Re: Is the EBR stock cheek rest ambi?

yes it is ambi. just to let you know,sage stock with medium barrel is heavy.

I wonder if they are going to make them lighter since i read the military would like them lighter weight?

The cheek rest is ambi, it is also adjustable for hight too. They are heavy. The set up below is about 12 pounds. The stocks are well made and worth the money in my opinion. It might improve accuracy over a standard non beded stock. In my case it did and others have said it did for them too. The best place to get one is at policeguns.com. They are somtimes hard to find. Good luck with your build

e5mxk2.jpg

I got a FN spra1 heavier then that so no big deal. Tobad it would not work with my super heavy barrel on the m14 I already got. Thanks for the info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bravo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if they are going to make them lighter since i read the military would like them lighter weight? </div></div>

It can be about 2.5 lbs. lighter if they would switch over to the M14ALCS/CV or Mod 1 variant.
Accuracy is improved when you put an M14 in a SAGE... a 2 MOA rifle becomes a 1 MOA rifle.

MK14MOD1firstissue.JPG

I'm going to have to get me a sage setup m14 forsure. I will have to get a second rifle thinking on socom sweet 16 one then get a sage for it. If that will work together.

The SOCOM 16 is a proprietary gas system since it had to be moved back because of the short 16" barrel. A Scout with an 18" or 18.5" barrel has a USGI pattern gas system, and would be a drop in for a Sage stock.

Reactions: Stevo86