• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is The NFA the next domino to fall?

Not from NC but it’s Interesting how Madison Cawthorn was a freshmen congressman with name ID and just lost his seat during the NC Republican primary in May of this year. VERY RARE for a sitting congressman/senator with good name ID to get primaried like that but again not real familiar with all of his positions however he seemed pro 2A.

You think it has anything to do with him speaking to a reporter about getting invited to orgies in DC attended by Democrats and Republicans alike which included free flowing cocaina? Hmmm….

Last edited:

Not from NC buts it’s Interesting how Madison Cawthorn was a freshmen congressman with name ID and just lost his seat during the NC Republican primary in May of this year. VERY RARE for a sitting congressman/senator with good name ID to get primaried like that but again not real familiar with all of his positions however he seemed pro 2A but not 100% certain.

You think it has anything to do with him calling out the GOP after he spoke to a reporter about getting invited to orgies in DC attended by Democrats and Republicans which included free flowing cocaina? Hmmm….
Did he recently get arrested for trying to board a plane with a gun or something?

Did he recently get arrested for trying to board a plane with a gun or something?
Yes I believe so it was a pistol in his travel bag and TSA caught it during security check. He admitted it was a mistake and I think they didn’t charge him.

Not from NC but it’s Interesting how Madison Cawthorn was a freshmen congressman with name ID and just lost his seat during the NC Republican primary in May of this year. VERY RARE for a sitting congressman/senator with good name ID to get primaried like that but again not real familiar with all of his positions however he seemed pro 2A.

You think it has anything to do with him speaking to a reporter about getting invited to orgies in DC attended by Democrats and Republicans alike which included free flowing cocaina? Hmmm….
Really wish a huge (or just big enough) asteroid would F'ing slam into DC and wipe it out so we can start over. :(

Reactions: JR_77
This is exactly the problem with Republicans. Remember when the R's held the House, Senate and Presidency? Remember when Trump signed the ridiculous "Omnibus" spending bill full of garbage? Why didn't the repubs put in the hearing protection stuff into that, or repeal the NFA, or defund the ATF or a million other things? If you demwads want your Planned Parenthood slush fund, then you're going to have to get rid of the NFA. But noooo, let's "compromise". And Madison Cawthorn KNOWS this is going nowhere.

This is exactly the problem with Republicans. Remember when the R's held the House, Senate and Presidency? Remember when Trump signed the ridiculous "Omnibus" spending bill full of garbage? Why didn't the repubs put in the hearing protection stuff into that, or repeal the NFA, or defund the ATF or a million other things? If you demwads want your Planned Parenthood slush fund, then you're going to have to get rid of the NFA. But noooo, let's "compromise". And Madison Cawthorn KNOWS this is going nowhere.
Yes I agree on the republicans ability to NOT negotiate. I’ll see if I can find the video clip but in 2017 when the GOP held the house & senate the house had the votes for the hearing protection act (suppressors) Trump was on TV saying it will never pass right now don’t have everyone on board Etc. He was just regurgitating Mitch McConnell in that moment I was very disappointed as he was under the spell of swamp monsters at that time.

Man that guy sure has changed his image. This bills is likely just pandering to his base and nothing more than theater. But one can dream I suppose.
But he is not up for re-election...he lost his primary. So at this point nothing let to lose...unless he is jockeying for something in the future.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
This is an excellent commentary with great talking points that I had not considered before.

Reactions: NoDopes
Well the SC did just make some historical rulings...
Again, means nothing if there is nobody to enforce them! How many politicians have come out and told people to ignore them recently? How many are ignoring them? We literally have branches going rogue and fighting each other. The system as of right now is failing. It requires good men to lead and we don’t have that. I applaud the USSCs efforts but they cannot enforce laws.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Again, means nothing if there is nobody to enforce them! How many politicians have come out and told people to ignore them recently? How many are ignoring them? We literally have branches going rogue and fighting each other. The system as of right now is failing. It requires good men to lead and we don’t have that. I applaud the USSCs efforts but they cannot enforce laws.
It's been a month. Not sure what you expect to happen in 30 days. The courts will have to enforce them. It's literally case law now.

It's been a month. Not sure what you expect to happen in 30 days. The courts will have to enforce them. It's literally case law now.
But they literally can’t. They do not have an enforcement arm. I don’t think you are following what I’m throwing down. They cannot call out the troops or make Congress or the president obey. The Court relies on the executive and legislative branches to carry out its rulings, quite literally. And right now you have a Congress and executive branch that doesn’t seem to care too much about court rulings as they are doing everything they can to get around them or not comply, it seems anyways. Maybe not full noncompliance yet but those branches are getting more rogue by the day. You also have other groups that clearly do not understand their rolls. I’m not going to mention them yet but im sure you can imagine who they might be as they are the ones that will ultimately decide to enforce the laws, or not.

Reactions: FatBoy
It’s them playing their part to keep a seat at the table. It’s why I won’t pretend to vote for a republican ever again. They have more in common with the dem commies than they do with me. Fuck them.

@SilentStalkr is exactly right. Sanctuary cities. Open violations of election law. Failure to enforce drug laws. Failure to enforce immigration law. Demonization of law as a means to not change it but ignore it. The list goes on and on. There is no price to pay for openly violating laws “they” don’t like it agree with. We speak up about it, we’re racist and risk losing our jobs, etc.

Unless this kind of bullshit changes and we get back to a real three legged stool we’ll continue to decay as a nation.

All 100% intentional.

@SilentStalkr is exactly right. Sanctuary cities. Open violations of election law. Failure to enforce drug laws. Failure to enforce immigration law. Demonization of law as a means to not change it but ignore it. The list goes on and on. There is no price to pay for openly violating laws “they” don’t like it agree with. We speak up about it, we’re racist and risk losing our jobs, etc.

Unless this kind of bullshit changes and we get back to a real three legged stool we’ll continue to decay as a nation.

All 100% intentional.
But heaven forbid you do 65 in a 60 then refuse to pay and show up for court to protest the two tier justice system with its selective laws and prosecution of them, and police officers will execute warrants for your arrest and kill you when you resist. Its why I have no respect for the immoral statists we know as LEO.

But heaven forbid you do 65 in a 60 then refuse to pay and show up for court to protest the two tier justice system with its selective laws and prosecution of them, and police officers will execute warrants for your arrest and kill you when you resist. Its why I have no respect for the immoral statists we know as LEO.

Fighting back against an unjust or immoral law is one thing. Fighting the cops over a Misdemeanor is fucking stupid. (Not saying that’s what you’re implying, I understand your sentiment)

I’m not where you are yet. As someone who still believes in the rule of law and doesn’t want to see anarchy, I think laws should be enforced or changed/abolished. Enforced Fairly, across the board. Used to be when stuff got out of hand with LEO the citizens handled it. Think West Virginia union stuff. Now LE has been militarized and it’s not quite the same but still doable if we had the stomach for it. Trouble is, who decides who the “bad cops” are?

There certainly is several tiers of justice in this country. Especially politicians vs everyone else. There is probably several ways to fix this but IMO until the agencies that investigate and enforce the laws and the judiciary sees that there will be swift and severe punishment for egregious disregard or flagrant violations of enforcement of said laws nothing will change.

Reactions: John_in_WYO

All 100% intentional.
Honestly, at this point, I don’t even know why we have the courts? If the other branches do not enforce the interpretation of the courts then what is the point of the courts? Fatal flaw from the founders. Again, they never imagined all branches working against each other, or did they? Perhaps this is where the 2A comes in or is supposed to? When branches cease to work with each other then governments effectiveness also ceases.

Yes I agree on the republicans ability to NOT negotiate. I’ll see if I can find the video clip but in 2017 when the GOP held the house & senate the house had the votes for the hearing protection act (suppressors) Trump was on TV saying it will never pass right now don’t have everyone on board Etc. He was just regurgitating Mitch McConnell in that moment I was very disappointed as he was under the spell of swamp monsters at that time.

This probably does stand a chance of passing but will post it anyway.

Chick has yuge hammers. I hope something comes of this but I’m not hopeful.

If the NFA is struck down watch for a huge price increase in suppressors, SBRs and FA weapons until the supply catches up with demand.

What gets me are the Fudds that ask me if I got any guns I want to sell.

After asking them what they are looking for and drawing more information out of them the inevitable statement comes out, “I don’t want anything with paperwork attached.”

I like to respond with, “In that case, the price goes up.”

The look on their face is priceless.

If the NFA is struck down watch for a huge price increase in suppressors, SBRs and FA weapons until the supply catches up with demand.

What gets me are the Fudds that ask me if I got any guns I want to sell.

After asking them what they are looking for and drawing more information out of them the inevitable statement comes out, “I don’t want anything with paperwork attached.”

I like to respond with, “In that case, the price goes up.”

The look on their face is priceless.
Why would SBR prices go up? @Zak Smith would you expect prices to go up or down in this hypothetical situation?

Reactions: jr81452
So to toss a little hopium on this. The Miller case only went in the government's favor simply because Miller never showed up for trial. Short barreled shotguns WERE in common use at the time. The 32 and 68 acts are wholly Un-Constitutional and they know it. Is this the time where they stand up and say "The Emperor has no clothes!" remains to be seen. But the recent SC decisions absolutely fall into that category.

The point is coming where a choice is to be made.
It was his lawyer that didn't show up, according to a couple of 2A lawyers on youtube

Why would SBR prices go up? @Zak Smith would you expect prices to go up or down in this hypothetical situation?

All the prices for NFA items will go up. SBRs and SBSs are no different. It would stand to reason that if people don't have to submit paperwork, fingerprints and photo as well as the $200 tax then they will more-than-likely move forward on purchases of said items once impediments are removed.

All the prices for NFA items will go up. SBRs and SBSs are no different. It would stand to reason that if people don't have to submit paperwork, fingerprints and photo as well as the $200 tax then they will more-than-likely move forward on purchases of said items once impediments are removed.
But 10.5” barrels are widely available now. I just don’t see that changing and prices going up. The only difference between and SBR and a rifle is the barrel (and brace I guess). There’s always a correction when market forces change but I don’t think it will cause massive price increases. If anything an increase in supply should lower prices

Since some of you asked what I'm into -

I'm into stuff that pays to play . I was once poor and became wealthy over the years and I think that plays into my hobbies .

I'm into metal detecting but it has to be at a potentially productive location. Vintage homesites where there was activity dating back to 100 years is a good site.

I'm also into selling stuff on ebay. Stuff I have close to nothing invested in that has a high profit margin.

I'm also into recycling metals . I have Tonnage of clean copper , brass , aluminum etc.

But 10.5” barrels are widely available now. I just don’t see that changing and prices going up. The only difference between and SBR and a rifle is the barrel (and brace I guess). There’s always a correction when market forces change but I don’t think it will cause massive price increases. If anything an increase in supply should lower prices
Eventually it will but in the short term you just opened the market to millions of new buyers who wanted those items but didn’t want to deal with the wait or the paperwork. Companies like TBAC are already months out on their deliveries due to their popularity, imagine what happens when that popularity increases 10 fold over night.

Reactions: Longshot231
Eventually it will but in the short term you just opened the market to millions of new buyers who wanted those items but didn’t want to deal with the wait or the paperwork. Companies like TBAC are already months out on their deliveries due to their popularity, imagine what happens when that popularity increases 10 fold over night.
But suppressor companies like TBAC are smallish and don’t make a ton of product because of the waits. I’m sure they would expand and hire to meet the increase in demand.

If the NFA falls, it will be stone by stone. It won’t come crashing down in one great heap.

We know its unlawful, the case Murdoch v Pennsylvania straight up says you can't charge a tax, fee or require a license for the exercise of a right but every 2A organization I've pointed this out to may as well plug their ears and scream LALALALALA to the information. But that's the problem with expecting others to fix things for us.

All I want is to be able to order $400 machine guns from PSA.

iu

When they closed the registry on machine guns in 1986 there were/are 175,000 transferable machine guns registered. So if you want a run-of-the- mill WW2 Thompson, you're going to pay around 25K for one now. Meanwhile, Kahr will sell you a new semi-auto for under $2000. If they get rid of the NFA, Kahr will be able to produce a F/A gun for the same $2K retail. I'm pretty sure there will be less demand for a WW2 Thompson. those prices will drop. Stens, which cost about $100 to produce, won't fetch the $8-10K they cost now.

The collectables (Like early Colt Thoompsons) may hold their value because of their rarity.

When they closed the registry on machine guns in 1986 there were/are 175,000 transferable machine guns registered. So if you want a run-of-the- mill WW2 Thompson, you're going to pay around 25K for one now. Meanwhile, Kahr will sell you a new semi-auto for under $2000. If they get rid of the NFA, Kahr will be able to produce a F/A gun for the same $2K retail. I'm pretty sure there will be less demand for a WW2 Thompson. those prices will drop. Stens, which cost about $100 to produce, won't fetch the $8-10K they cost now.

The collectables (Like early Colt Thoompsons) may hold their value because of their rarity.

There are some FA owners that are hoping that the NFA remains intact. In other words, their attitudes are screw everyone else's rights. My investments come first.

It's my bet that if SCOTUS said the NFA was no more - that the DOJ/ATF would ignore that ruling and go all in on massive full-scale tyranny.

Reactions: jr81452 and XP1K
We know its unlawful, the case Murdoch v Pennsylvania straight up says you can't charge a tax, fee or require a license for the exercise of a right but every 2A organization I've pointed this out to may as well plug their ears and scream LALALALALA to the information. But that's the problem with expecting others to fix things for us.
These 2A organizations don't want to fix the problem. Doing so would cost them their job so they do enough to keep the money rolling in. It's no different than someone in government pretending they are advocates of a small and limited decentralized government. They are not. This also would cause them to have to work for a living instead of relying on the labor of others for their existence. People are selfish creatures even when their children's futures are at stake.