• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes is there a 300 blk scope yet?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
I know there was a Nikon 2-7 coming out. I think leupold has a 300 based something for 1300ish. just curious now that I have one that needs optics. oh and shameless plug, that primary arms 1-6 looks nice for $250 and would be sweet with a 300 reticle

thanks in advance for your input

Last edited:
yeah 1399 was a little outside my price range. i wish you could just get any reticle in any scope. or turrets or mil vs 1/4" like ordering a pizza.

Leatherwood has one Hi-Lux Homepage . I have been running a few different optics on my ARs in 300 AAC. While not FFP, the MK4 MRT 2.5-8 has been working great, remark the M2 turrets to your liking and have at it, usually they run around $650 used. USO SR-8 has done great as well, but perhaps outside a reasonable price range for you. PST 2.5-10x32 has also proven a good performer in this capacity.

Pride Fowler has announced a 1.25-4x24 scope with a reticle for 300 Blackout (Model RR-Evolution-Black). Not sure when it is suppose to be released.

Ive used the Nikon one out to 200yds in May. Lots of fun with a suppressor on it. Bart will be able to tell you more details on the scope.

The 2.5-10x32 pst works great on mine. Learn to holdover on the reticle or dial elevation, stupid to pay ridiculous money for a specific reticle on a shortrange cartridge. Works fine for me swapping between subs and supers.

Here is me using the Nikon Blackout 300 in Texas this summer. I used both subsonic and supersonic ammo.

20130703_122250_zpse0fd1fd0.jpg

The 1-4 is also a good choice
20130618_155715_zps61afee7e.jpg

Thank you B. for the post. I have put over 500 rounds under my 2 P-300 BLK scopes. Shooting out to 200 yards on multiple occasions as well as inside of 50 while practicing for carbine matches. This scope will do it all and for a list price of under $200 I think it's also an excellent deal. Built on the PROSTAFF platform the P-300 BLK allows you to utilize Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to accurately dial in your ammo,scope and rifle. Supersonic or suppressed subsonic ammo, doesn't matter. Excellent clarity and accuracy. If you handload your own ammo, Spot On will work for you as well. Check it, these scopes are out there but not lasting long in stores.
Here's a pic of a buddy airing out my Noveske lower and AAC .300 BO upper.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/P-300 BLK/blk300.jpg

If you're shooting in broad daylight the nikon works well. My buddy has the p223 and its nice but the glass isnt nearly as good and I hate bdc reticles because even with nikons program youre stuck with wherever those subtensions net yardage wise with the particular load youre calculating. I like to dial 100yds when I'm shooting subs while hunting so its pretty much point and shoot. Also the glass clarity and illuminated reticle is awesome for low light hunting. Guess it really depends on what youre planning on doing with the rifle.

Pride Fowler has announced a 1.25-4x24 scope with a reticle for 300 Blackout (Model RR-Evolution-Black). Not sure when it is suppose to be released.

I placed an order with PF via email to their VP in charge of mil/LE sales. My card was charged earlier this month and a few days later I received a call from them stating their scopes came in and they were in the process of shipping scopes out. They would either call me or send an email when they ship. I'm guessing any day now.

that pride fowler looks nice and is priced pretty reasonable too. that reticle is pretty busy though.