• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there an On Target type phone app?

alpalwal

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
First off - hi everyone, 1st post woo. I've been lurking for a while but I finally got around to registering.

Anyways, I was playing with On Target
http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html] http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html[/url]
and I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have something similar on my phone so I could just take a picture and log groups at the range and all that. Is there anything similar out there?

Re: Is there an On Target type phone app?

Look into the following:
Ballistic: field tactical edition

arguably the best ballistics app for the iPhone with a group tracking feature. I don't think it works with photos, but it's the closest I know of. Otherwise I just take the pictures with my iPhone and upload to on target when I get home.

Bulletflight is almost the same as Ballistic FTE, but neither do target measurements. I would also like something like this to record my groups.

If your an Android user search "shooter" the maker of the app is a member on here he is good about updating it often. In my opinion its a great app for the $10.

unfortunately he does not make on target for the iphone I email him a while ago and he said "If you know someone who would like to take on the project I'd be more than willing to provide technical advice and assistance. Jeff"

Actually..... I've been doing some modeling for an app to do specifically just that. I've laid out some of the front-end stuff, but some other apps took precedence and I haven't actually got back to it.

Awesome that Jeff is willing to help. I think I sent an email to him a while back about such, but never heard a reply. I haven't quite worked through the calculation part yet....

is there anything out yet for the palm pre? Thanks