• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

I'm sure the ATF field office in Lexington, KY would love to hear of this guys potential felonies that he could face if you do win a judgement. And we all know a felon can't possess firearms!

I didn't know there was an office there. I tried contacting the Louisville office several times but never got a response. I couple other member made contact and all they did was run his FFL to make sure it was still valid. I will attempt to contact these guys. Thanks KYS

I've been trying to contact Brad to ask him some questions about rifles he built for me in the past. As far as I can tell his numbers have been disconnected…Awesome….

Does anyone remember the name of the other website that Brad Turner put out. It was a retail site for firearms and accessories?
It has come up in the civil suit proceedings

Last edited:
Damn strike33. This just sucks. I admire your restraint. I remember a time in my life when someone would have disappeared for less than 500.00. I think the path you are taking is the legal and morally. I had a 1SG that made it his mission to screw up people's lives just because he could. We had a pissing match going on for a year. I got him a letter of reprimand and I decided that my options for re-enlistment sucked so I got out before he could take his vengeance out on my ass. I joined later and had a very good career after that. The 1SG, however, was caught sleeping with one of his soldier's wives. DA busted him a rank, his wife divorced him and took everything including the kids. He tried to commit suicide. I went back in and had another 20 years, for a total of 28 years. The moral is that karma always happens, you might just not get to see it.

There are two reasons that attorneys usually drop a client. The first is usually that the client doesn't pay their bill. The second is the client insists the attorney to present a false statement. There are other reasons but those are the top two. Either way it isn't good. Did your attorney object to the change of attorneys? At this point he is on his third attorney if my count is right. I might be off on that. Every time he changes attorneys he compounds your expenses and unnecessarily delays your case. Those are reasons for an objection at this point.

My guess is that he is swimming in debt at this point. If that is the case his present attorney might pull out because of a lack of payment. The judge could order the attorney to continue to represent him but that is not likely.

His FFL expires in July. I am not sure ATF will renew his license with all the complaints they have been getting. I wish you luck in getting a good resolution in this. If they don't renew his FFL he might declare bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
This would be the third attorney. My lawyer did not object at the court hearing. The judge gave him 60 days to retain new counsel, which he did not do. We have moved forward with a judgement in my favor. I should have some news in the next 30 days or so.
I'll let you guys know what's happeneing

WOW, feel bad for ya man! This is the kind of shit that makes one wonder whether or not to do business with a small firm instead of someone like GAP, tough deal, hope it works out for ya

I thought I was the only sucker

Hey guys, Brad has not only made me a weapon in that past that I have absolutely loved, he has also made me one of the victims in his kiting ponzi.
I just got off the phone with AmEx trying to get them back involved in this fraudulent build. You have seen a couple of reference in this thread about the 60 day federal guideline for getting your money back from a third party like Visa or American Express (actually they have 60 days to go after the offender). He did get me for $3770.00 which was down payment for what was to be my second STS weapon. Misery does not like company in this instance, so I am sorry for the other losses.

The first weapon build was so late and so long, I simply thought he was dragging his feet. By Oct of last year (2013), it was abundantly clear this guy was on the run and not going to be getting back with me via email or phone.

Thanks to the guys on this blog that are pursuing him. Let me know what I can do to help. I am delighted to join any effort to go after Brad.

Kindest,

I wish that we were keeping this thread alive with good news but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sorry that everyone here is going through these problems and wish you all a positive outcome

I wish that we were keeping this thread alive with good news but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sorry that everyone here is going through these problems and wish you all a positive outcome

Sorry this happened to you, man. Hope you find a good place out here to go shoot.

You guys aren't really going after this guy or other like him, where it truly hurts. Let me explain....

Anyone can change organization, hide, not answer calls blah blah blah but there is one organization that you cannot hide from... the IRS!

I had a douchebag not return my calls, not remember the money I sent and then 'remembered' the product had been sent. After calming down and putting down the MOSSAD Tactical Debt Collector 1/4MOA 2x4 I realized there was a way I could turn this chaps life into my personal toilet... I gathered some details of other's who had been stiffed in similar fashion and the total tallied up to over $35,000. Now, I'm pretty sure said douchebag didn't pay tax on those ill-gotten gains...

Put the details into a nice envelope and sent them off. Waited a while, then gave the asshole a heads up on the incoming shitstorm. "I wish you hadn't done that" was the response. My response - just wait until the Fraud Squad (this was in the UK) hears about this and with the evidence from the IRS charges they'll have all they need for prosecution of criminal charges as well as tax evasion. Game, Set and Match!

Follow the money...

He got me too !!

Hopefully once the weather warms up. I have a SAC Badger 2008 sitting here that needs to get worked out.
Thanks

I sent STS $2600 in Feb 2013 ...last time we talked was late oct 2013 he said things were 2 month behind....now he cant b found...shop closed doesnt live at home ...son said "works in Pennsylvania now"....all phones inop....Ultima Guns? is what he told me he was working on....so If anyone needs me to b added to the list of screwed [email protected] is the best way to reach me Ed from lafayette,in

Sorry to hear that you got had as well. I should have some legal updates coming in the next couple of weeks.
I'll let you guys know the latest and greatest.

I ordered a rifle in March of last year. Brad took my money and ran; however, after a long drawn out ordeal with my bank I was able to get refunded the money. I can only assume the bank will be after him now and that likely won't turn out well for him. I wish you guys the best of luck with getting your money/guns back. Also, after talking with the ATF (Agent Kevin Shartzer) Brad called me back, but he only had excuses to give as to why it wasn't competed yet. Brad contacted me via his personal cell and assuming that hasn't been disconnected it should allow you guys to attempt to reach him. Unfortunately I'm in Afghanistan and can't get to my cell right this second.

I ordered a rifle in March of last year. Brad took my money and ran; however, after a long drawn out ordeal with my bank I was able to get refunded the money. I can only assume the bank will be after him now and that likely won't turn out well for him. I wish you guys the best of luck with getting your money/guns back. Also, after talking with the ATF (Agent Kevin Shartzer) Brad called me back, but he only had excuses to give as to why it wasn't competed yet. Brad contacted me via his personal cell and assuming that hasn't been disconnected it should allow you guys to attempt to reach him. Unfortunately I'm in Afghanistan and can't get to my cell right this second.

First off.. Stay safe over there
I'm glad that your bank took care of you. I'm curious as to the excuses he gave you.
Take care and thank you for serving

Strike33, glad to have served. I am prior military, but currently I can't take credit for serving as I'm here as a contractor this time. Thank you though. Anyways, as far as Brad's excuses go I can't recall all of them as my bullsh** filter kicked in real quick, but he said he was doing some kind of work out east..Pennsylvania maybe? Said that was keeping him busy. He claimed he had the parts for my rifle, but I asked him to take a picture and he said he couldn't do that. I can only assume he never started in the first place. This guy deserves to be in jail. Again, good luck to everybody.

Adam,
I agree. I hope that once the law suit is over with I along with everyone else can pursue a criminal complaint. The state police had an open investigation and it surprises me that the ATF hasn't done more.

Has anyone that's been shit over by this guy thought to inquire from a fake email/phone about an extremely big (expensive) order and insist you would like to pay in cash. Surely this sucker would jump on it and meet someone face to face. Probably not the most rational thing to do but sometimes a face to face "talk" is necessary. I don't have a dog in the fight and I'm outraged. Good luck hope you guys can help him find his way to the slammer. He needs to be making license plates instead of rifles.

I'm in the middle of a pretty substantial civil law suit so threats or mysterious meetings wouldn't be in my best interest. I'm baffled that even after this started with my build and the legal action he has continued down this road with other customers. At some point I was hoping that law enforcement would step in and assist but that hasn't proven to be the case.

I'm in the middle of a pretty substantial civil law suit so threats or mysterious meetings wouldn't be in my best interest. I'm baffled that even after this started with my build and the legal action he has continued down this road with other customers. At some point I was hoping that law enforcement would step in and assist but that hasn't proven to be the case.

Yes I know, I agree with you. Like many others have said you have been extremely level headed throughout this. I couldn't have been. It's mind boggling how someone could get away with screwing over this many people and is still doing it.

Maybe someone here with some sort of pull or reputation could start some sort of legal help fund for you to aide you with your legal fees. Because in the end you are doing alot of people a favor by trying to bring light to the crimes this guy has committed. I know there a many others that got scammed but 13K+ is just sickening. Then add legal fees on top of this. I for one would be glad to contribute to something that would help your fight.

Very generous offer sir.
I did have to sell some guns to pay the lawyer but everything is going well, just extremely slow. Other than just getting back what I'm owed I Just want to help others from having to go through this. I'm saddened to see so many others have been victimized.
Thanks again

I did business with a small firm "guy working out of his basement" and for $250 he built me the most beautiful and precise rifle I could have ever hoped for. Paying these big $$ and trusting someone with high dollar parts is a hell of a chance to take.

well, glad to hear it worked out for someone.
If I had known the truth about the operation of STS I would have continued looking elsewhere.

If I were gonna buy a full custom from a commercial builder Tac-Ops would be at the top of my list.

The ATF in situations like this is simply a licensing agency. If, for instance, he was selling class 3 items and not following the law, then they could do something. Theft of materials is a local PD matter unfortunately. The big problem many people have here is that they commissioned builds, which means he is not technically in possession of anyone's actual property. It's not your property until it is legally transferred to you. I sent him stuff last year to work on and he took an extremely long time to do anything. The police jumped on that, because that could actually be considered theft. Amazing... I got my stuff back in a matter of a week after that. He may be a crook, but he's not ignorant of the law. In this case I wish he was! He is definitely a crook!

The ATF in situations like this is simply a licensing agency. If, for instance, he was selling class 3 items and not following the law, then they could do something. Theft of materials is a local PD matter unfortunately. The big problem many people have here is that they commissioned builds, which means he is not technically in possession of anyone's actual property. It's not your property until it is legally transferred to you. I sent him stuff last year to work on and he took an extremely long time to do anything. The police jumped on that, because that could actually be considered theft. Amazing... I got my stuff back in a matter of a week after that. He may be a crook, but he's not ignorant of the law. In this case I wish he was! He is definitely a crook!

I fall into both categories. I commissioned a build and sent a separate barreled action which was registered to me in the State of Florida. This whole thing, with the amount of people that have been deceived and have had their money taken is going to blow up for Mr. Turner

Does anyone have a picture of this guy? I know his image has to be out there somewhere...

It would be super helpful for anyone looking to have some gunsmith work done to know what he looks like. Who knows, he may try starting another business, to screw over more people.

Last edited:
I have no idea. Did a quick Google search but came up empty. He wasn't at the last court hearing, if he was I probably could have gotten a description from my attorney. Might not get an idea until I show up with the state troopers to collect

He still has his web site up...Superior Tactical Solutions....There is some video there with him shooting.

How's everyone doing with STS?
Things may have taken a turn for the worse, we may need to consolidate and initiate a formal criminal complaint. Individually the KYSP and prosecutor have been reluctant but if we show then the paturn of fraud and deception they may proceed

I was able to get my credit card to investigate and issue a refund. Let me know if you need my info as support for a coordinated effort.

Thats some good news. I'll let you guys know when the criminal complaint is put in play and we can each give some statements about how we were defrauded

Hello,

I purchased two rifles from him in jan 2013. I paid about 6000.00. I purchased them as ready built from gunsamerica. He openly admitted that he sold my guns in 10/2013 but promised to have both of my rifles to me by the end of the year. He is now unavailable. I am willing to join any criminal suit. I am starting a full pursuit of him now. He messed up in my case because that is felony theft by deception. He will lose a lot more than his FFL.

No updates from me. Haven't heard from anyone regarding this issue in months. I'm almost out of Afghanistan, and I will be working on this in earnest this summer. I will contribute to a class-action/criminal complaint in any way I can. I still have all the emails, etc saved.

No updates from me. Haven't heard from anyone regarding this issue in months. I'm almost out of Afghanistan, and I will be working on this in earnest this summer. I will contribute to a class-action/criminal complaint in any way I can. I still have all the emails, etc saved.

I'm sure you have this info already, but from what i have been told. Turner needed money and pawned your rifle. He failed to pick it up and it was sold. I don't know if you had sent him a rifle to be worked on or if you ordered a complete build. It will impact how we proceed with the criminal complaint. My attorney doesn't do criminal law, but I am going to see if he will at least get me started once the civil suit is done
It's unfortunate that LE was kind of lax when these complaints were first brought to them, now things have snow balled a bit out of control. As always if anyone needs specific info send me a PM.

I've been known to leave guys vehicles sitting on cinderblocks over $500, I can't think of what I'd do if someone had me like he had you, but I do know, I would be taking payment one way or another.
Steeling tiers is a crime. It this is true then You Sir are a criminal. If it is not true you are a liar.

Strike,
I ordered a full build, never sent him parts. And yeah, I totally agree about the LE guys.

Steeling tiers is a crime. It this is true then You Sir are a criminal. If it is not true you are a liar.

Do you never go beyond the speed limit? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Besides that, what I did, was a simple repo. The money I loaned the guy was supposed to be to help his grandmother "pay her bills" and two days later he's rolling around with shiny new wheels and tires.

Tell him that unless he pays back in full in 14 days you are ALL going to inform the IRS. There is a good chance he has NOT been declaring taxes on the money he's getting from you guys or for the money from pawning the rifle.

That will be end of him. However lax or lazy the local LEO are, the IRS will get into him all nice and deep. I've done this before with someone who tried to rip me off. The audit alone cost them 3x what they owed me... then there was the small matter of defending himself in court againt tax evasion...

I'll certainly look into that. Unfortunately I don't think that will help anyone get their money back. At least with a fraud or theft case, people may be able to recover through restitution.

Do you never go beyond the speed limit? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Besides that, what I did, was a simple repo. The money I loaned the guy was supposed to be to help his grandmother "pay her bills" and two days later he's rolling around with shiny new wheels and tires.

Actually, according to the law, you stole. Regardless of the justification. Clean hands, sir; you have not.

Strike et al, are pursuing legal action and therefor require, clean hands...
[MENTION=73147]strike33[/MENTION]

The IRS will certainly drop their "load" on him but, you're right, it will be difficult getting funds at that point because almost assuredly it would become a federal proceeding.

These are questions for your lawyer, though. :)