• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

That's a generous offer. Getting away from work is real issue. When I talked with the State Police I asked if they would send an officer with me to collect should the need be and the were more than happy to help. The real problem is I don't want to spend the time and money to make the trip only to get bogged down with more legal obstacles. I gave the warno to my supervisors and they are aware that a trip in looming on the horizon.
I will pick it up in person, I don't trust this guy with sending me ALL of the parts and equipment that I have sent.

with all the parts and money of yours he has.....go and see the scumbag! sort it out face to face.

That's the plan. Hopefully I can have some good news to post here in the very near future. Thanks again for all the support guys. stay safe

I bought his helical flute bolt and install xtra large knob for my 338 lapua mag service thru Ebay 3 months ago (around $600)...This is supposed to be 3 weeks long job..until now, its over 3 months. He stops ans. my phone calls or emails...I filed a complaint with KY BBB..not sure they would be able to do anything...This Brad guy is a THIEF!!!!! stay away from him and his shop.

I bought his helical flute bolt and install xtra large knob for my 338 lapua mag service thru Ebay 3 months ago (around $600)...This is supposed to be 3 weeks long job..until now, its over 3 months. He stops ans. my phone calls or emails...I filed a complaint with KY BBB..not sure they would be able to do anything...This Brad guy is a THIEF!!!!! stay away from him and his shop.

let me know if you need any POCs to help you out. I can give you his attorney as well as the State Police who have investigated, the BBB and the State Attorney Generals Office. The more complaints that are processed the better the entire shooting community will be.

I was told however, that STS out sources the bolt fluting so that may complicate some things for you. Best of luck

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as the last guy.

let me know if you need any POCs to help you out. I can give you his attorney as well as the State Police who have investigated, the BBB and the State Attorney Generals Office. The more complaints that are processed the better the entire shooting community will be.

I was told however, that STS out sources the bolt fluting so that may complicate some things for you. Best of luck

I sent him a barreled action back in March to have the bolt and barrel fluted, Badger bolt knob installed and reinforced, barrel cut and threaded, my YHM QD brake installed and the whole thing painted. I even paid him up front for the work. The last contact I had with him was the last week in June when he told me it was all done, but somewhere along the line my trigger shoe broke and they were trying to locate a new one. It was supposed to ship back to me the second week in July (for what was originally a 6-8 week job). I've been trying to call him and email him for the past two weeks now and get nothing. Has he gone into hiding or something? I even offered to send him a Timney trigger to install since they apparently couldn't find a replacement shoe. I just want my damn rifle back! Any info you could provide would be most appreciated.

This is unbelievable! I feel for you man, and I am completely disgusted by this vendor... I will be sure to pass on your findings regarding superior tactical solutions and never, ever do business with them. The manner in which this was handled by that man is absolutely unacceptable and to try to keep you quiet at the end?!? In the community of shooters and gunfighters, a man's word means everything. Apparently this scumbag was never taught that.

I sent him a barreled action back in March to have the bolt and barrel fluted, Badger bolt knob installed and reinforced, barrel cut and threaded, my YHM QD brake installed and the whole thing painted. I even paid him up front for the work. The last contact I had with him was the last week in June when he told me it was all done, but somewhere along the line my trigger shoe broke and they were trying to locate a new one. It was supposed to ship back to me the second week in July (for what was originally a 6-8 week job). I've been trying to call him and email him for the past two weeks now and get nothing. Has he gone into hiding or something? I even offered to send him a Timney trigger to install since they apparently couldn't find a replacement shoe. I just want my damn rifle back! Any info you could provide would be most appreciated.

I'll send you a PM with his attorney, the state Police Lt. who helped out and if I can dig it up the contact info for the Attorney General's Consumer protection Office that has opened a case as well.
I certainly feel your pain. My advice would be to contact his attorney's office. I have already served him with a law suit so things are as far as they can go. Also, there is an ATF office in Louisville, I haven't had much luck emailing them but you could try and give them a call. Talk to you soon

PM sent brother, let me know if you need anything else. I hope all of us that put our money and trust with STS will be rewarded in the end, Best of luck fellas

Crap! This is a bunch of bull. Just read through all of this. You are handling thus very very well. Best of luck! I hope you get some great news n the near future. And I ope this sts guy gets what he has coming in...

Hey Guys,
I've been getting a lot of PMs from individuals who are having serious Issues with STS. I will continue to give you all the POCs and info that I have gained over the last year or so trying to get this resolved.
If there are some legitimate complaints or possible charges we all need to try and get on the same sheet. I highly encourage you to file a complaint with the Tri-State BBB. I can also give you the info for the State Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Division. If we go about separately people may not want to invest the time to investigate. but if a number of us file then at the very least it will add some validity to the complaints by showing a pattern of fraudulent practices by STS.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you all out with

At what point do folks actually take civil action and at what point does his activity become criminal? Just wondering as a follower of this thread.

L

I tried both. Law Enforcement said because of the amount of changes in the build that there was no drawn line, so that's when I started the civil process. There are others that are having better luck seeking criminal charges

F'n hell....I propose a SH gathering in KY....on their doorstep.
I'm planning to head to SHOT and would like to know if he's going to attend.

After speaking with quite a few members in reference to STS it seems like these are less and less about isolated cases or more about fraudulent consumer practices. There are several pending criminal complaints in the works as well as at least one civil case that is at the State level. I sincerely wish all of you guys who have been burned the best of luck and a speedy recovery of your equipment and funds.
If anyone else needs some help or info let me know. I'm balls deep in a civil battle and have plenty of info and contacts to share.

How is everyone else doing in their regards to STS?
I received a counter suit the other day that infuriated me as well as make me laugh.
The American civil legal system is a gem!

WOW!! I just read this whole thread. This is amazing. Please continue to keep us posted. I hope this guy serves some jail time for this and you get everything back.

Striker33, I hate to hear that a so call prominent business is taking advantage of anyone. But went it comes to our service members I take that to heart. I spent 28 years of my life defending individuals like this as a UNITED STATES MARINE. I am retired now but still work on a Marine base. In my position as a range safety officer I deal with hundreds of Marines. When they come into my office and look at the targets and pictures of custom guns I am always asked where the best place in my opinion they should by their rifle or start a build. I have never dealt with. STS but I can tell you this I will never recommend this business to anyone, boycott. If this man can't run a professional business then he should reconsider his profession.

Oh Man your ordeal sucks best of luck hope KARMA gets him good. What was his countersuit? BIG Thank You for your Service!!

Oh Man your ordeal sucks best of luck hope KARMA gets him good. What was his countersuit? BIG Thank You for your Service!!

Thank you sir,
When everything gets settled I answer all the details but where it is still ongoing I wouldn't rather not give him and his attorney ammunition. Needless to say statements in the counter suit really speak to the character of STS and it's president.

I'll speak to his character. He's a dishonest and unethical businessman, and I use that term in its loosest sense. I finally received my barreled action today with a new and completely different invoice attached. While what I got looks pretty good, it's not anywhere close to what I ordered and paid for. It was supposed to be cut, crowned, threaded and have my YHM QD brake that I sent him installed, bolt fluted, badger knob installed and reinforced, the whole thing painted OD green and a PRI base installed. I got a cut, crowned and threaded barrel and a fluted bolt with knob Installed. No mention of reinforcement and the whole thing is black. Which means he didn't paint shit as he outsources the bolt fluting. No barrel flutes, no scope base. It did have a Timney trigger installed, but I never asked for that. He told me 3 months after receiving it that it came with the trigger broke, funny he never mentioned this the two or three other times I spoke to him up until that point. I offered to send him one since it was taking so damn long and that is what he was blaming it on, but that would have been considerably less than he charged for it and the simple fact is I should have never had to do it in the first place. On top of that he changed the return shipping from $50 to $75 for UPS second day when it was actually shipped USPS priority mail with a stamp price of $21 and some change. I'm considering other actions at this point, but want to give the fine folks I've dealt with in the Henderson office of the Kentucky State Police a chance to follow up first. Sorry to those guys if I shouldn't be posting this, but I'm a bit pissed off. I encourage anyone who has been screwed by this jackass to call them. PM me or Strike33 for information if you need.

Over the past few years I have known more than one person that was tired of working for someone else. Being told what to do, when to come to work, how they want things done and how quickly they wanted it. Needless to say they quit their job and started their own business. Funny thing running your own business, you still work for someone else he's called the CUSTOMER. They tell you what they want, how they want it, they expect the work in a reasonable time and they want it done right! Because that's what they have paid for. You can't have a business without a CUSTOMER. When you treat your customers like shit, don't do what you said you would do and at the quoted price, you have lost their business. This site is full of honest hard working customers and good business men. Ask yourself this question.....After reading all of this, if you had this person working for you would you keep him on or let him go? We will all be working for someone, you can call him the man, boss or my CUSTOMERS.

Good luck. I'm in KY and if you need any help, let me know. I hope this clown gets criminal charges and loses his shop. He is doing the gun community a disservice my acting like such a crook and a liar.

Over the past few years I have known more than one person that was tired of working for someone else. Being told what to do, when to come to work, how they want things done and how quickly they wanted it. Needless to say they quit their job and started their own business. Funny thing running your own business, you still work for someone else he's called the CUSTOMER. They tell you what they want, how they want it, they expect the work in a reasonable time and they want it done right! Because that's what they have paid for. You can't have a business without a CUSTOMER. When you treat your customers like shit, don't do what you said you would do and at the quoted price, you have lost their business. This site is full of honest hard working customers and good business men. Ask yourself this question.....After reading all of this, if you had this person working for you would you keep him on or let him go? We will all be working for someone, you can call him the man, boss or my CUSTOMERS.

Doing all that correctly and in a timely manner is called HAVING STANDARDS. If you quit because you don't/didn't understand that you can't just NOT show up if you feel like sleeping in or whatever and someone had to tell call you on it, you DO NOT need to present yourself as a business owner, as that REQUIRES a degree of RESPONSIBILITY. If you can't get to work when you should be there, you DO NOT HAVE the required level of responsibility and will OF COURSE get called on that, whether it be by your "boss" or by your customers...(they will call you on it by NOT BEING CUSTOMERS any more). If you quit your job because you can NOT meet the standards required in whatever line of business it is and start your own business, you will fail. Then there are MORAL standards and ETHICAL standards to be met and those have to come from within, as there is no set of hard and fast moral and/or ethical rules to follow. Dealing with people in an honest and straightforward manner is something that requires a person be both moral and ethical. If you can't do all of this and/or are not a person that meets all these standards, YOU SHOULD NEVER, NEVER, EVER start a business as it WILL fail once the word gets around.

I do most certainly agree with most of the posts above. I think many of us have commissioned builds from any number of Gunsmiths that have run over the quoted times. All of that is quite understandable, in fact my most recent build was months behind due to a back up at Manners. I have zero issues with that, its all part of the game/hobby.
As most can agree its the the "shady" business practices that I and we can not tolerate to live with.
For an individual in Mr. Turner's position to call a Military Chain of Command to influence them to pressure one of their Soldiers to agree to and sign a confidentiality agreement is about as low as it gets. Not to mention telling the BBB that I claimed to be a "Special Operator" in order to gain services free of charge. This directly calls into question my integrity and my dedicated service. And most recently claiming that the rifle rifle didn't perform because I removed the bedding pins from the chassis when in the correspondence with the confidentiality agreement it stated that the rifle didn't meet the accuracy guarantee due to the quality of the Rock barrel. I clearly stated to Mr. Turner that I did not check the actions screws never mind remove them. (I actually didn't have an extended hex bit to do it anyways)
I don't mind delays and I am certainly willing to work with anyone in order to reach a compromise but this ordeal has gone well beyond that.
I attempted every approach to resolve this situation, to no end. The civil court system is outrageously slow, my attorney has been very helpful but the other side takes as much time as allowed to respond. It is all very frustrating. I'm closing in 2 years since the build was ordered and a year since the legal issue started. I am quite willing to take this to trial if that is what is necessary and it appears that may be what it takes to reach a resolution.
Thanks again to everyone for the advice, wisdom and support

Another update about STS's work. I finally got around to firing firing this puppy over the weekend, and it seems to work fine. The lever is binding a bit in the Manners stock, but that is another issue and they have agreed to take care of it at no charge ( Manners may be a little pricey, but I have had nothing short of the best CS from them). The reason for my additional post here today is because of the crappy finish job. Friday night, I'm getting ready to head out to our country property and go pull this out of my safe. In doing this, the bolt handle gently, and I mean gently, rubs up against the bolt handle of my GAP rifle, no big deal, it's professionally Cerakoted, right? Ha! There is now a nice scratch on the bolt knob. I look at my GAP that I know is finished correctly and see the scratched off paint on it. I rub it off and the knob still looks perfect. A bit disappointed I continue my weekend and after 20 shots through it, the "professional Cerakoting" on my nicely fluted bolt (he outsources the fluting work) is already rubbing off from normal movement of the bolt. What a crock of shit. Think he used some 99 cent flat black spray paint. I can scratch it off with my fingernail! On top of that he charged me for refinishing the whole rifle, which is also a crock of shit since the rest is still the stock Remington finish and of much higher quality the the bolt paint. Anyone lucky enough to come across this thread prior to sending him work, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Another update about STS's work. I finally got around to firing firing this puppy over the weekend, and it seems to work fine. The lever is binding a bit in the Manners stock, but that is another issue and they have agreed to take care of it at no charge ( Manners may be a little pricey, but I have had nothing short of the best CS from them). The reason for my additional post here today is because of the crappy finish job. Friday night, I'm getting ready to head out to our country property and go pull this out of my safe. In doing this, the bolt handle gently, and I mean gently, rubs up against the bolt handle of my GAP rifle, no big deal, it's professionally Cerakoted, right? Ha! There is now a nice scratch on the bolt knob. I look at my GAP that I know is finished correctly and see the scratched off paint on it. I rub it off and the knob still looks perfect. A bit disappointed I continue my weekend and after 20 shots through it, the "professional Cerakoting" on my nicely fluted bolt (he outsources the fluting work) is already rubbing off from normal movement of the bolt. What a crock of shit. Think he used some 99 cent flat black spray paint. I can scratch it off with my fingernail! On top of that he charged me for refinishing the whole rifle, which is also a crock of shit since the rest is still the stock Remington finish and of much higher quality the the bolt paint. Anyone lucky enough to come across this thread prior to sending him work, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Sorry to hear that your ordeal hasn't eased up any. At least you have it in hand. i feel guilty for having recommended STS in the past

Post some pics, dude.

My experiences with STS:

Firstly, I REALLY wish I had seen this thread before I purchased in April. Now I am deployed and basically stuck with a hole in my bank account and losing sleep because of all the phone calls I have to make at about midnight local time. *sigh*

The basics:
I first approached Mr. Turner at Superior Tactical Solutions (STS) on or about 01APR2013, inquiring as to the feasibility of him completing and shipping a rifle to me in time for me to shoot it on pre-deployment leave. He said it would not be a problem, and I then purchased the rifle, paid in full, via debit card, $3,695.00, later that same day.
In the invoice, it clearly states "Completed to ship to FFL by May 31st." While a legal position could possibly be taken that he excluded the date and therefore, could be next year, the emails will show that both parties were under the understanding of May 31st, 2013.
May came and went, no rifle, and on 04JUN2013, I received an email from Mr. Turner asking that I call him. From our conversation on the phone on 07JUN2013 (I was on vacation in Yellowstone on the 4th) he made it clear that the rifle would not be completed on time, and was offering me a few upgrades in exchange for not meeting the given time. At this point, I had only a few days left of my leave, so there was no reason to turn down the upgrades since I was not going to be receiving the rifle in time to use it to begin with. I agreed, but Mr. Turner never sent an updated invoice. My next communication with him was on 12JUL2013, which was a simple email asking for updates, to which his reply was "(Blackbeard1), Spoke with your wife. Waiting on chassis. Talk with you soon. Take care." Since this email, neither my wife nor I have heard from Mr. Turner. He has not responded to any emails, phone calls or voice messages. At this point (25SEP2103), his company phone is disconnected. At this point, it appears to me that he has essentially 'taken the money and ran.' I would like the rifle that I ordered, but at this point, just getting my money back seems like a very viable option.

I have contacted the following agencies:
USAA
BBB
ATF
Henderson Sheriff
JAG
Kentucky AG's Office
Local news stations in Idaho (home of record) as well as Henderson, KY.

USAA Basically told me that they can't do anything because he waited until after the 60 day window was up (beginning 31MAY2013, when the invoice stated the rifle would be done) to stop talking to me.
The BBB is already aware of him, and my complaint added to their list.
The ATF is currently looking into it as well.
The Sheriff's Department is looking into criminal charges.
JAG is drafting letters.
AG has received my complaint and is looking into it.
One news agency has started looking into it.

My experiences with STS:

Firstly, I REALLY wish I had seen this thread before I purchased in April. Now I am deployed and basically stuck with a hole in my bank account and losing sleep because of all the phone calls I have to make at about midnight local time. *sigh*

The basics:
I first approached Mr. Turner at Superior Tactical Solutions (STS) on or about 01APR2013, inquiring as to the feasibility of him completing and shipping a rifle to me in time for me to shoot it on pre-deployment leave. He said it would not be a problem, and I then purchased the rifle, paid in full, via debit card, $3,695.00, later that same day.
In the invoice, it clearly states "Completed to ship to FFL by May 31st." While a legal position could possibly be taken that he excluded the date and therefore, could be next year, the emails will show that both parties were under the understanding of May 31st, 2013.
May came and went, no rifle, and on 04JUN2013, I received an email from Mr. Turner asking that I call him. From our conversation on the phone on 07JUN2013 (I was on vacation in Yellowstone on the 4th) he made it clear that the rifle would not be completed on time, and was offering me a few upgrades in exchange for not meeting the given time. At this point, I had only a few days left of my leave, so there was no reason to turn down the upgrades since I was not going to be receiving the rifle in time to use it to begin with. I agreed, but Mr. Turner never sent an updated invoice. My next communication with him was on 12JUL2013, which was a simple email asking for updates, to which his reply was "(Blackbeard1), Spoke with your wife. Waiting on chassis. Talk with you soon. Take care." Since this email, neither my wife nor I have heard from Mr. Turner. He has not responded to any emails, phone calls or voice messages. At this point (25SEP2103), his company phone is disconnected. At this point, it appears to me that he has essentially 'taken the money and ran.' I would like the rifle that I ordered, but at this point, just getting my money back seems like a very viable option.

I have contacted the following agencies:
USAA
BBB
ATF
Henderson Sheriff
JAG
Kentucky AG's Office
Local news stations in Idaho (home of record) as well as Henderson, KY.

USAA Basically told me that they can't do anything because he waited until after the 60 day window was up (beginning 31MAY2013, when the invoice stated the rifle would be done) to stop talking to me.
The BBB is already aware of him, and my complaint added to their list.
The ATF is currently looking into it as well.
The Sheriff's Department is looking into criminal charges.
JAG is drafting letters.
AG has received my complaint and is looking into it.
One news agency has started looking into it.

There has been some conflict of interest with the Sheriff's department. Contact the State Police who already have an open criminal investigation. Shoot me a PM and I will Give you the contact info

I worked in Evansville for a few years and it was known to avoid sts at all cost. They have been doing this kind of stuff locally for a while.

It has, unfortunately, come to my attention that there are at least a few of us on this forum who have been defrauded by this company. Instead of each of us separately going after this man and repeating the same course of action, lawyers, court, police...etc., how about we band together and file group charges against STS?

Thoughts?

Although it further digusts me to hear that this is a habit, if not a regular practice of STS, knowing that there are others who have gone through this and have in the end received either their money or thier rifles does give me some hope.
With as samll as this community is, I believe that there is no place for business to take advantage of customers. Most of these projects, at least the first tme project are built of faith and trust in one another to deliver and to pay as agreed.
Have to take4 things to law enforcement or litigation to get your "stuff" back is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again for the support and guidance, from both sides. It has certainly been enlightening

It has, unfortunately, come to my attention that there are at least a few of us on this forum who have been defrauded by this company. Instead of each of us separately going after this man and repeating the same course of action, lawyers, court, police...etc., how about we band together and file group charges against STS?

Thoughts?

MIM,
I sent you a PM.
Legal issues would be tough unless everyone filed with an attorney in KY.
The State Police have a continuing case so contacting them will get you added to the complaint.
I also suggest the KY State Attorney General's consumer fraud office. The complaints filed with the BBB are continuing to build as well

Last edited:
Is that the end? I've read 4 pages of this novel, now I'm eager to see what, if anything has happened since. Not to make light of the situation by any means. I hope every who has given this guy money, and or parts, gets 100% back plus interest.

still not the end, the drama continues. the legal process is so Damn slow. each time correspondence goes out its a minimum of a 20 day wait for a response

still not the end, the drama continues. the legal process is so Damn slow. each time correspondence goes out its a minimum of a 20 day wait for a response

Strike33

First off, very sorry to read what you have gone through. Very impressed you kept your cool throughout.

I ordered a M24E2 from STS March of this year. I spoke with Brad and really enjoyed our long conversations about his products. I was originally looking at the LRT, but after adding this and that, he suggested the M24E2 and I went for it. Sent him 60% upfront and haven't heard from him in some time. He was supposed to send his mailing address for me to send my glass so he could mount it. At this point, he has done nothing wrong except for not replying to my emails and phone calls and the build isn't due until next month. After reading this I am very concerned my money may be gone for good.

Would you mind PM'ng me info on your legal contacts in KY? IE...state's attorney's office, LE...etc.

Thank you,
Bill

Bill,
As soon as I get back to my computer I will forward you everything I have
Strike33

First off, very sorry to read what you have gone through. Very impressed you kept your cool throughout.

I ordered a M24E2 from STS March of this year. I spoke with Brad and really enjoyed our long conversations about his products. I was originally looking at the LRT, but after adding this and that, he suggested the M24E2 and I went for it. Sent him 60% upfront and haven't heard from him in some time. He was supposed to send his mailing address for me to send my glass so he could mount it. At this point, he has done nothing wrong except for not replying to my emails and phone calls and the build isn't due until next month. After reading this I am very concerned my money may be gone for good.

Would you mind PM'ng me info on your legal contacts in KY? IE...state's attorney's office, LE...etc.

Thank you,
Bill

unfortunately there are quite a few of us with unresolved issues with STS, and now Mr. Turner seems to have cut off all communication. Looks like the only way to get a hold of him will be through either his attorney or law enforcement. Best of luck to all

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear about everybody's problems with STS, but I applaud the posting and constant updating of this thread so everybody else has a warning. Keep your heads up, guys. Best of luck to all involved and thanks for the info.

That Brad Turner motherfucker needs a prison fisting.

Question. If no one can prove criminal intent or whatever the terms are won't he be able to just file for bankruptcy and walk on all this?

L

Last edited: