• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

I don't believe the bankruptcy would allow him to defraud the customers who have already paid. If they have sent in parts that would be theft as well. Can't just walk from teh civil suit either

Thanks strike. I just remember a long time ago I guy I knew that got out of a civil suit he lost by filing bankruptcy. That was late 80s though. Thought that was kinda shitty at the time.

L

Well that's unsettling!
Most of the $13,500+ plus that STS has in the equipment I sent him, $3,995 was cash.
The KY court system is pretty good if you win a consumer civil case, the opposing party is subject to not only the products but also all legal fees and damages decided upon by the jury/judge. I was hoping it wouldn't go that far but he is leaving me no choice. Depositions start next month

I'm filing my small claims suit in Idaho via power of attorney (I'm in Afghanistan).

P.s..

His phone is off and his email inbox is full.

L,
Unfortunately you are right. My lawyer just confirmed that if the bankruptcy is filed we will be looking at a smaller pot to recoup from. Going ahead with setting up the court date

Thanks strike. I just remember a long time ago I guy I knew that got out of a civil suit he lost by filing bankruptcy. That was late 80s though. Thought that was kinda shitty at the time.

L

hey guys, if you have rifles out equipment that were sent to STS and haven't heard from them send me a PM and I can try and fill you in on some developments

progress? not in any constructive manner .but there may be some missing equipment that was sent. guys need to try and get some proof that there stuff is still in the possession of STS.
due to the never ending civil suit issues I would rather explain privately, but it didn't look good

Here's the latest:
After filing a request to inspect all of the missing equipment at the time of deposition STS's attorney requested to be removed as counsel. A hearing was held yesterday and STS was granted 30 days to find new counsel. A pre-trial date has been set for April with the Henderson Circuit Court. A trial will be scheduled at that time.
All of this could have been avoided with some honesty. Looks like another 6 months of waiting

Last edited:
Much respect to OP for your patience and integrity. I'm disgusted that this f u c k wad can still continue to do business. Hope you get everything back. Good luck and thanks for serving.

What did he do with the rifles? His bound book would show disposition.

he was in business when he took my money.. almost 2 years ago. no idea what he did with the rifles, after we petitioned the courts for an inspection his lawyer quit, so we have to wait. rumor around town is that they found their way to the pawn shop but I won't be able to confirm until the deposition that had to be rescheduled

I'm very sorry to hear of all of you and others here's trouble with this asshat. That said, I can't believe with the amount of money that's been stolen and hardware he's basically stolen that the state police haven't arrested him on criminal charges, and that the ATF hasn't pulled his FFL due to fraud. It's sad and I feel grateful that none of the smiths I've done business with are a-holes like this guy.

As to business practices, what ever happened to under promising and over producing? I do it all the time in my line of work, and it's not just a ploy to make myself look good. You give a good solid date/time of completion that you know damn well there's no chance of having to go back on your word. Then you do everything you can to over produce and make the customer happy. No missed deadlines, no bent out of shape customers because you went back on your word. It's not exactly rocket science, it's customer service 101. I get it that it's a competitive market and people don't want to hear long lead times when they call for an ETA on a potential build, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that strike33 would have been thrilled to have been quoted 6 months and had his rifle delivered @ 5 months and 20 days rather than shit like this.

Again, sorry to read of all your troubles, but thanks for putting it all out there to help others avoid similar woes.

Tried to see if they updated their website and this was the message

"This website is currently suspended for billing reasons."[/B]

At least they're not advertising and taking money from more people

he was in business when he took my money.. almost 2 years ago. no idea what he did with the rifles, after we petitioned the courts for an inspection his lawyer quit, so we have to wait. rumor around town is that they found their way to the pawn shop but I won't be able to confirm until the deposition that had to be rescheduled

I would have your lawyer or police notify the pawn shop that they are in the possession of stolen property at this point..... might be work shot to get your stuff back.

hey guys,
I noticed that four more complaints have been filed with the BBB. unfortunate to see that the issues weren't resolved. best of luck to everyone involved in the fight

Strike,

I cant believe how patient you are. I applaud you and all the others. To be honest, I don't think I could. I would want to lynch the SOB.

I talked to a detective with the KSP shortly before Thanksgiving; he said he will try to get Brad to refund my money, but as of yesterday my power of attorney made it from Afghanistan to home, so I will be initiating a lawsuit as soon as possible.

I talked to a detective with the KSP shortly before Thanksgiving; he said he will try to get Brad to refund my money, but as of yesterday my power of attorney made it from Afghanistan to home, so I will be initiating a lawsuit as soon as possible.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Turner has fallen off the face of the earth. KSP has been pretty helpful. I wish you the best and sincerely hope that you find a speedy resolution

After reading what has happened, I am surprised the joker at STS hasn't been found face down in ditch with his throat cut.

I hope everybody eventually gets their stuff and/or money back and somebody at STS gets a nice long prison sentence.

Just gut wrenching... There is no consumer protection bureau to watch our backs, except for maybe contributors to the Hide. Best of luck to you guys.

Holy crap....I just read through all this hoping there was a happy resolution. This is totally ridiculous! Good luck with the lawsuit. Hope this guy spends time in jail....

I wish that I had better updates for everyone, but STS (if they still exist) has made the situation as difficult as can be. I'm glad that the word is getting out and hopefully a few people have been spared by reading this. Seems that there are quite a few members that have had issues, much more than I would have originally assumed.
Looks like can put STS and Brad Turner right up there with TacticalRifles.net and Mr. Rooney

Update -
The detective from KSP has been unable to locate or otherwise communicate with Brad.

Looks like lawsuit it is.

Update -
The detective from KSP has been unable to locate or otherwise communicate with Brad.

Looks like lawsuit it is.

that's about the worst thing that could happen. I just notified my attorney. Looks like we will have to try and get the ATF involved again. Maybe this time they will listen

Yeah. I'm not exactly thrilled.

As a side note, purchasing a new rifle from Marc at Spartan Precision.

I'm just gonna throw out there that I am starting a company with a similar name and will be offering services/ products to people on this forum. We however are NOT related to STS at all.

I checked out their website, I really want to send them an email and tell them I will never buy a rifle from them. I really dont want to kick this anthill.

Chances are it won't get answered or even go through. Real gentleman that guy.
Take care, and stay sane out there in Leonard Wood

I'm just gonna throw out there that I am starting a company with a similar name and will be offering services/ products to people on this forum. We however are NOT related to STS at all.

You can't advertise here unless you are a paid forum sponsor.

you too!
this keeps getting better. He has had two attorneys bail on him already, I'm waiting for his third. He has until Jan 25th by the judge's ruling. pre-trial conference scheduled for April.
about another week of waiting until I can move forward. Let me know if you need any info

Woo strike! I'm glad to hear that you may actually be getting somewhere towards restitution with this a$$hole. He'll run out of attorneys and funds if everyone keeps on him and doesn't back down. Hopefully he'll never be able to take anyone's money again.

I still find it hard to believe that there are more and more people coming forward that have been burned by STS. Even though I've taken some heat over this thread, I hope that it has saved some guys out there from losing their money, sanity and faith with custom builds.

you too!
this keeps getting better. He has had two attorneys bail on him already, I'm waiting for his third. He has until Jan 25th by the judge's ruling. pre-trial conference scheduled for April.
about another week of waiting until I can move forward. Let me know if you need any info

I will have some free time to dedicate to this endeavor soon, I have been 'tied up' on a special project! Please keep informed on your progress, I have contacts in Kentucky in which I am considering to use in pursuit of bring this guy to justice.

Thank you Strike33 for starting this forum, it has been very helpful for me to decide how to proceed in handling this matter.

I hope it goes well for you. This guy needs to face some criminal action for what he has done to quite a few people. keep us posted as well

I'm sure the ATF field office in Lexington, KY would love to hear of this guys potential felonies that he could face if you do win a judgement. And we all know a felon can't possess firearms!