• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Issue with CZ455 oversized bolt handle sitting too low

T.Ferguson

Perpetual Learner
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2017
I picked up a glades oversized tactical/smooth bolt knob recently and just got around to messing with it. I am seeing a major issue that I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for as I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this happen.

Basically the bolt knob, when in the closed position, sits right in the way of my trigger finger. I have to raise the bolt know 5-10 degrees in order to get a comfortable/natural grip on the rifle. Does anyone have any pointers to alleviate this issue?

I should also add that there is a bit of slop in the bold handle when closed. It doesn't lock down like one would think it should, it can move up and down roughly 1/2-3/4in

Replace the knob with a smaller one, I was shooting with some guys from Team Area 419 that we’re using the glades armory handle with the 419 knobs, it seemed a little smaller than the factory glades

I bought an oversized bolt knob from a guy on eBay and works ok for me. It does take some getting use to from the factory bolt knob but so far I like it.

Attachments

• photo81251.jpg
    photo81251.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 55
The glades knob has worked great for my 10yr old and myself on his trainer.

Attachments

• photo84362.jpg
    photo84362.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 42
Here’s my DIY 455 bolt handle. Total cost around $5, maybe 20 minutes of work, and a little time waiting for Devcon and paint to dry. No cutting or welding was necessary, and I didn’t even bother to disassemble the bolt. This is the original bolt, so function is identical. It clears my trigger finger when closed and my Bushnell 6x24x50 and throw lever. I didn’t take pictures in process but I can write up more detail if anyone is interested.

606BBF16-4836-4EFF-A6B1-DB7335965300.jpeg

Attachments

• 9BBC652C-CFFF-41F0-B69A-080D329BFCF0.jpeg
    9BBC652C-CFFF-41F0-B69A-080D329BFCF0.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 40
The glades handles have the issue of hitting your trigger finger in some stocks and then the fit issue. Some actions they won’t even function properly on. Best to have a knob fitted to the factory handle!

The glades handles have the issue of hitting your trigger finger in some stocks and then the fit issue. Some actions they won’t even function properly on. Best to have a knob fitted to the factory handle!
That was the plan but I couldn t find anyone to work on the new ones that have the hole on the ball.

I have a Glades on one CZ455 and the standard issue knob/handle on my other 455. I've heard some say the Glades may or may not headspace properly but I had no issue there. My hands are very large. After shooting these two rifles for a while I've noticed I need to run them very differently in order to get past the Glades handle/knob. Thinking I'll go back to the original handle on both.

I have officially retired doing gun work two weeks ago :(. There is a guy on Facebook or something like that called the polished knob that can do it.

Never did this for the money and not to sound like a prick I know I’m damn good at it! At the age of just 36 I’ve realized it’s time I need to put all that extra time I was putting into building guns into my family! I make plenty of money from my 9-5 so I ain’t losing anything here except of course extra money I didn’t really need, the guys telling me how great their guns are, and me getting to shoot them lol! Good news is anyone who has a build from me the value just went up :). I have no regrets and I’m sure somewhere in the future I will come out of retirement :).