• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IT ARRIVED!!! PIC HEAVY

Re: IT ARRIVED!!! PIC HEAVY

Holy crap! Very nice. Yes, the pics speak volumes. A few details would be nice. Where? When? How? (Cringe)how much?
Enjoy it. I'm jealous.

I saw and fell in love with the M40 weapon system while in Viet Nam. Well 40 years later I decided to buy one. This is a Chuck Mawhinney M40, close but not exact. So I decided to try and make it a little closer to exact, by starting with the scope. I was VERY lucky enough to find a Redfield 3x9 1" tube scope built in the 60's. It came with the the set of Redfield rings which were USMC issue. This scope had belonged to Jim Leatherwood at one time as told to me by the marine I bought it from. I also contacted Norm Chandler and sent him some pics. He confirmed it to be the real deal. In fact he mentioned it may be the same scope mentioned in his book (Death From Afar) Volume #1
The price....M40, was $5000.00. The scope...$6700.00
I'm 65 years old and I consider it a good investment.
I stand by to answer any of your questions.

Rifle version of a Shelby Cobra
blush.gif

Pure vintage sexiness!!!

congratulations,that is a fine sniper system!!!!! your scope is close to mine. my green accurange scope has a m40 serial number of 221406 on it. i love those acurange scopes!!!!

Nice Rifle. Good write up in the Oct 12' American Rifleman about these rifles. Only 103 made, for each of Mawhinney's confirmed kills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle version of a Shelby Cobra

</div></div>+1

Outstanding - I love these vintage wood & steel rifles. Is this Chucks actual signature on the floor plate?

DSCN0155.jpg

Congrats!

I want one. How did you end up making contact? I saw you were having issues, which is the only thing that has held me up. Please PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes126</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one. How did you end up making contact? I saw you were having issues, which is the only thing that has held me up. Please PM </div></div>

I got you covered if ya want one. PM sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AvsFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding - I love these vintage wood & steel rifles. Is this Chucks actual signature on the floor plate?

DSCN0155.jpg

Congrats! </div></div>

Not trying to steal Doc's thread but I can answer your question: Yes, that is Chuck's actual signature.

:), Can anybody tell who is in the background ? (Steve - you're not allowed to play)
IMG_5878.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">:), Can anybody tell who is in the background ? (Steve - you're not allowed to play)
IMG_5878.jpg
</div></div>

Dang it. This is one of the few questions that I know the answer to.
laugh.gif

Sweet Rifle! I cannot see anything I would want different. That wood stock is wonderful!

That's a great looking piece there Doc. You have a PM I also am trying to reach Chuck and want to know if you can help out
Thanks

Those are really cool rifle's, We bed them for Chuck. Ive always been real proud that all of those come through our shop.

Even though a Reproduction they are a really cool piece of American History!!

Beautiful and congratulations! Can't wait to see some groups...

I have gone from 'admiring' but not really seriously considering buying one to really, really seriously considering ordering one. Just bought a .55 Boys, though. Which has put a big dent in the allowance...

But I think I would regret it if I didn't 'pull the trigger' so to speak.

What a beautiful piece!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Uh, did I miss something here? ( Who's the picture of)???

yep, Ed Eaton, another great sniper.
Beautifull rifle, very jealous here.
congrats.

I find the m40 to be one of the best overall weapon systems the military ever to deploy.. That is a work of art. Be proud, I am very envious. I would spend that or more.... Very nice rifle

the m40 is the most awsom rifle the original and that it is signed by chuck is even more awsome

That is one nice addition to any collection there. You can just sit there and look at it, and almost hear and feel the all the history behind this rifle. Better then a TV!

Rifle looks amazing! The finish is great and i really like the siege color of the scope.

Douche bags...some stain makes a few kills and you smegma lickers glom onto his work like vultures and touch yourself at night wishing you could be them...I pity you! Most of you we're never in the military and if you were you spent you time in supply tossing some butterbars salad. If you could hear this reply now you hear the sound of the toilet flushing as I dispose of you in the only proper place I know. The only real killers I ever knew belonged to the 1st of the 41st class of 73. One shot 100,000 dead 2000 miles away.

Ahh the freedom of speech. Don't you just love it? But I think someone should look real close at this one, before they let him buy a gun.;}