• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
12 monthes after shipping my M2008 to Lawton Machine....ITS DONE!!!!! YES!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!THERE IS A GOD!!!

Ahem...excuse me for that!

Gentlemen, in September 2009 I purchased an M2008 and decided to send it to Lawton Machine to have it chambered in 6.5x47AI.
26" LAR contour, coated flat black, and get a die set made.

Well, it didnt QUITE make it back to me when it was scheduled to (December 2009).

But, low n' behold the damn thing is done...I thought they lost it!

Anyways, Im back, and will be making plenty of noise soon enough!

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post some pics up! Let's see it!

In good time, as for right now, all I have is a tracking number....Ofcourse they didnt finish the dies yet....so all I can do is build it and fire form!

Sounds about standard for the lead times at Lawton, some things never change.

I'm glad you got your rifle done, looking forward to the pictures and range reports. Be sure to stay on those guys to get your dies done!!

Interested to see what you gain with the AI shoulder in 6.5x47 Lapua. What are you expecting? What bullet do you plan to shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interested to see what you gain with the AI shoulder in 6.5x47 Lapua. What are you expecting? What bullet do you plan to shoot? </div></div>

I am also interested
smile.gif

I want more velocity, almost no case stretch, great inherent accuracy, novelty.....Yes, Ill take the 6.5x47AI

130 and 140 VLD's

Hah. Lawton....... good luck and hope it fires!

Pics or it didn't happen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hope it fires! </div></div>

If it's a gen 1, it might not if it hasn't been sent back for the update.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pics or it didn't happen! </div></div>

What he said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good lord... they could have built you a damn rocket ship in that time... </div></div>

Rofl good comparison. Hopefully it was worth he wait and not a bust...