• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns IWB holster favorites

Re: IWB holster favorites

just got a galco v-hawk for my govt.1911. its pretty nice comfy and handles the weight of the fullsize 1911 just fine. I figure itll be even better in a week after its been broken in a bit more.

Ive use raven concealment and kaluban cloaks for my glocks and they work perfectly.

Over the years I've tried most of them but my favorite is the Milt Sparks VM2.

When I first started carrying, I packed a full size 1911 in a milt sparks watch six on whatever belt I had at that time. I was a college student so my budget was a little on the lean side after buying some nice leather for the gun. I bought a Rafter S Gunleather belt once I saved up a little more money and had a pretty solid setup. I still carry that combination every so often and I still like it a lot.

I switched to carrying a sig 228 because I wanted to be able to carry more rounds with me. Still using the same belt and I switched to a kydex holster since it gets hot in Texas and I tend to sweat a lot. I now use a Comp-Tac CTAC holster and I really it. It carries very comfortably, conceals well and is fast to draw from. I broke a few belt clips when I first got it, but they have redesigned them and I haven't broken one since. The customer service from Comp Tac is also excellent.

I just ordered a raven concealment holster, but I'll probably set it up for owb carry since I like the IWB setups I have already.

I cc a p220 in a vm2 and love it. One thing I did notice is that it can get sticky in temps +100 if you are going commando.

Crossbreed. I tried several others crossbreed was the best by far for me. I don't know if they still do it, but back when I got mine they had a 30 money back guarantee.

I carry a Glock 19 in a PureKustom Spec OPS Pro on a Wilderness 5-stitch belt everyday. This setup is extremely comfortable and Rocky's holsters are top notch.

Jeremy45

I have an IWB made by SHTF Holsters. I like them a step above Crossbreed for the fact that they come standard combat cut. No additional cost. I carry an XDM and it distributes the weight evenly. Also, my Crossbreed took a long time to get to me, SHTF was only a 1.5 weeks to my door. Great company and the owner is currently serving in the Armed Forces. Support our troops and thier businesses.

I have used the blade tech for my glock 23, and I use crossbreed for my HK P2000. The blade tech worked well, but the crossbreed is much more comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedgoat_ Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alessi holsters, very well made!

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/ </div></div>

Recent Alessi holsters are NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING like the holsters that were made under Lou Alessi himself. Unfortunately, from what I've seen of their product I think they're drafting on his reputation, and I'll leave it at that.

This place, http://www.ritchieholsters.com/, is run by someone formerly associated with Lou, and they carry on the designs and excellence.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA:</span> Someone has communicated their dissatisfaction with Ritchie to me, which is unfortunate, because they had great stuff at the beginning.

I have carried a Kahr P9 in an Alessi Talon Plus for the last 10+ years. It is the most comfortable and concealable combo I have ever carried.

DSCN0899_582.jpg