• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing J. Gorski 6mm Creedmore Medium Tac build

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Jay, were on it bud!

Garrett filled up your stock last night and I just got it setup in the mill. Barrel fitting is in process as we speak.

Soon as I post this I'm going to write the surface inlet and get rolling on the stock machining. We'll have this one wrapped up sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Sweet, pics to follow!

C.

Re: J. Gorski 6mm Creedmore Medium Tac build

Pics!

The "Extreme Stainless" receiver is essentially identical to the M700 footprint. Just a subtle difference in tang geometry is all that's really different.

Made modeling up the inlet really easy since all I had to do was fuss with the back end a little.

DSC_0003.jpg

Stock's setup and ready to run:

DSC_0001.jpg

Garrett has the tennon fitted up and is chambering as we speak. Soon as he's done I'll map the barrel real quick and write that part of the code as well.

DSC_0002.jpg

Were movin, so not too much longer cheif!

C.

Fecking sweet, man! Kinda like a early bday present, Ill be 51 tomorrow! You guys do great work from what I can see, keep it up! Jay

Thanks for sharing the build pictures; what receiver is that?

So that's a titanium receiver? Is the bolt a PTG piece?

Nope, Tom makes SS ones, too. Pretty sure thats his bolt, also.

Update:

Almost there Jay. Kalli applied the stencils and I shot the green stuff. Garrett shot the white base yesterday.

A couple hours to dry and we'll have the final color. Should have the stock painting wrapped up this evening.

Hope you like it.

C.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

J. nice looking rig for sure!

Chad did you guys do the flutes on the bolt? I have never been a big fan of most of them but I like the hell out of the wide flutes.

I like how you filled the safety inlet, that's Trick! Sweeeet look'n Stick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pure_mahem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like how you filled the safety inlet, that's Trick! Sweeeet look'n Stick! </div></div>

Indeed, Chad and the boys, you to Khalli, did an outstanding job on this rig! Hopefully the guys & gals at the next 600 yd shoot will be impressed, if theyre not, PHEW!! LOL

Cant wait to see it in person or is it in gun? on Monday.