• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

John Noveske dies Jan 5th, 2013

Sportin Wood

Team Hardwood
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2010
    The Woods, WA
    http://pdxtraffic.blogspot.com/2013/01/fatal-traffic-crash-highway-260-west-of.html

News Release from: Oregon State Police
    FATAL TRAFFIC CRASH - HIGHWAY 260 WEST OF GRANTS PASS
    Posted: January 5th, 2013 9:23 AM

Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into Friday night's single vehicle fatal traffic crash along Highway 260 (Lower River Road) west of Grants Pass that resulted in the death of a Grants Pass man.

According to Sergeant Tyler Lee, on January 4, 2013 at approximately 9:13 p.m., a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser driven by JOHN NOVESKE, age 36, from Grants Pass, was westbound on Highway 260 near El Camino Way. As the vehicle negotiated a right curve, it traveled across the oncoming lane onto the dirt highway shoulder until it struck two large boulders. The vehicle rolled and NOVESKE was ejected.

NOVESKE, who is the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company, was not using safety restraints and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

OSP troopers from the Grants Pass and Central Point offices are continuing the investigation. Trooper Ryan Neuenschwander is the lead investigator.

OSP was assisted at the scene by Rural Metro Fire Department, ODOT and AMR ambulance. No photographs for release.

Re: John Novenske dies Jan 5th, 2013

frown.gif

No...this can't be...please let this not be real...damn

This really sucks! He is one of the industries greats...I am proud to have 4 of his rifles and they truly are the best you can buy...my heart and prayers go to his family...a very sad day
    frown.gif

A very sad day for His family, and for our country. Far too few innovators like Him around. Rest in peace, Sir.

Prayers sent for the family. I just met him a few months ago during a training class. He was a great guy.

Damn...
    frown.gif

I never met the man. I have personally never shot one of his rifles. But I'm saddened to hear that a skilled rifle maker has died. Rest in peace.

What a huge loss for family,friends and the gun industry. My prayers go out his family

He will be greatly missed. Our prayers go out to all his loved ones.

Vic Di Cosola

RIP,
    I too have never had the opportunity to meet the man, nor use any of his wares. Yet I know 'of' him, and his equipment was Top Shelf.

People, use your restraints. We don't need more of these things happening, and especially your family don't.

Very sad to hear.
    Prayers sent to the family

Rest in peace John
    Godspeed

What a terrible loss in so many ways! John is/was a fine man that I'm pleased to say I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with on several occasions.

John's family, friends and colleagues are all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Rest in peace, brother!

Courtesy of GAP & Cris Costa's FB pages...

406081_512989025399674_400742159_n.jpg

154566_443852225679868_1442890635_n.jpg

Good arguement for seatbelts.

^^^

Dude... Probably not the best time to say something like that.

RIP brother will miss the crazy ass sense of humor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 375rgr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RIP brother will miss the crazy ass sense of humor </div></div>

I have heard that hes not someone easily forgotten. I wish I could have met him. Prayers and condolences for his friends and family.

Prayers for him and his family.

Gents please buckle up.It does really work

RIP Guys wear those seat belts!! They WILL save your life and your air bags will not work without the belts on.

Very sad news...Prayers for him and his family. God bless! RIP Brother!

It's a very sad day for the shooting community. My prayers go out to his family.

RIP

I don't own one of his guns but the second I read 1984 Land Cruiser I knew he was a great man.

I know God supposedly works in mysterious ways, and I hope his family finds peace! W/ the current state of affairs on firearms and the timing of this tragedy; I would like to see an unbiased, independent investigation of the accident!

My God!! This is one of those incidents that leave you speechless!!! May GOD bless and be with Brother John's family. This is going to be immeasurably loss in the firearms community and in his immediate and extended family. We seem to have a habit of loosing the great one's at an extremely early age. RIP BROTHER TILL WE MEET AGAIN ON THE OTHER SIDE.

John was a good freind and will be missed. More than all John accomplished, which was legendary, he was a good man, a father and a true American innovator and Patriot. I am humbled that I was considered a friend of his.

Don Alexander
    Director of Military Sales
    Surefire

RIP. SAD NEWS. My prayers go out to his family. GBU

He will be sorely missed in the firearms business and I love his rifles.

Noveske became a figure of import to me when I joined Snipershide as I was looking for info on my newest rifle back in May of 08. I was fascinated by the work he was doing and the unanimous praise of his peers, and customers.

I joked about buying a Noveske Upper for my AR-10 one day, when I became successful... Still waiting on that success.

I'm very much saddened to learn of the loss of such a great and innovative YOUNG man.

In 2006 John sent me and my unit a bunch of free gear after promising to dip our rounds in pigs blood. He built me two uppers I used to save my own skin. I will never forget him. RIP

Couldn't believe it when I read about it this morning.

Terrible, terrible news. RIP.
    Was surprised to hear how young he was. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, it's sad to see lives cut so short.

Me and my wife owe our lives to seatbelts. Just this morning when dropping my Mom off, I had to remind her to put her seatbelt on.

Saddened to hear. Great innovator and looks and sounds like he was a real character. Proud owner of some of his kit. RIP.