• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Joos Orange? Anyone have one?

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
Thinking about a Joos Orange and wondering if anyone has one.

From what I have read the mini USB sucks and it is loose, it isn't super light weight, but it is durable and it flat out works. True? Other thoughts?

Other things I should be looking at?

TIA

How do you envision using it?

It is surely a durable item, but there is a weight penalty to it at slightly over 2 lbs. You might want to look at the Goal Zero products.

After looking at this more, I believe you're correct. The Joos Orange is rugged but limited. I am thinking that a Goal Zero Sherpa 50 is a better option for most of the things I want to do with this.

HAHA.... Ok... I was thinking the JooS Orange was going to be too heavy for you. But the Goal Zero Sherpa (if it's the full kit with the inverter) is yet another pound heavier than that-- not to mention much more expensive.

But, if that's what you need, then pull the trigger. I have no experience with the Sherpa, but find other Goal Zero products to be of great quality.