• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Armageddon Roller Trigger

Desert_Racer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
USA
Has anyone tried one of these? I have a Geissele High Speed National Match trigger, which is good, but I’m kind of over the two stage thing. I’d like to give the JP Armageddon trigger a try, but haven’t heard much about it.

I have the JP Armegeddon one one of my JP grendels. Its a pretty nice trigger but I dont think its as nice as the JP EZ trigger on my 6 creedmoor. The Armegeddon is nice enough that I have no plans to spend the money to replace it. However, based on favorable comments here at sniperhide, I am thinking of replacing the EZ Trigger for a Timney Calvin trigger.

I had one for a while, but didn't care for it. I like the JP EZ trigger better.

My favorite trigger for precision AR's is now the AR Gold. It's one of the cleanest breaking triggers I have found in an AR. The two stage is far more function for a precision AR than anything I have found in a single stage.

Don't forget TriggerTech, ELF, and the Hiperfire Eclipse when looking for very high end triggers. None disappoint.

Not in a way your finger is likely to discern. To clarify further for smartasses, there is no provision for mechanically adjusting the internals of the trigger in any way, although I wouldn't mind seeing someone with a trigger pull scale adjust the shoe all over the place and take measurements along the way.

Not in a way your finger is likely to discern. To clarify further for smartasses, there is no provision for mechanically adjusting the internals of the trigger in any way, although I wouldn't mind seeing someone with a trigger pull scale adjust the shoe all over the place and take measurements along the way.

Been there, done that. Saw a difference of about 1oz on a Hiperfire by adjusting the shoe from top to bottom. That trigger was breaking at 2lbs 5ozs with the lightest spring set.

I bet if I averaged it over 10 breaks instead of 5 at each setting, there's a very good chance they may have averaged out the same.

Trigger almost all the way forward with red flat shoe pulling at bottom. 5 pull average of 19.2oz
Trigger all the way rearward with knurled tube pulling at middle. 5 pull average of 26.9oz
Total weight change is 7.7oz or a 40% increase in weight.

Trigger almost all the way forward with red flat shoe pulling at bottom. 5 pull average of 19.2oz
Trigger all the way rearward with knurled tube pulling at middle. 5 pull average of 26.9oz

I'm assuming these facts are from the new Timeny Calvin AR trigger??

Last week I had the same dilemm. JP Armageddon trigger or timney Calvin elite. For my criteria price was the same, about $225. Timney has lighter pull weight which is +1 for me. Adj. Trigger shoe vs roller shoe +1 timney. 1 piece unit vs "normal" trigger parts, Even. I have Timneys in bolt rifles and don't own but have owned JP EZ trigger. I went with the Calvin Elite. When it' delivered tomorrow we'll see if I was right

Well son of gun, I guess I have to go eat some crow. Good info.

I have one on my LRP-07 and I am ordering another for my JP-15. LOVE THEM