• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Enterprises APAC Chassis

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Looking for some feedback on the JP APAC Chassis from real world experience. Pros and Cons. The only Chassis that have experience with is the old AI AICS, which I liked but is heavy.

Also anyone using it with the Badger M2013 action?

Thanks

While mine is a prototype it's the same ergonomics just some minor differences. Mine doesn't have a folder, which for me i actually prefer.
Upside: solid jp quality in the entire thing, fully ambidextrous including action inlet, personally it might be the most comfortable chassis I've used, tons of mounting point options on the handrail.
Downsides: depending on what you want it is rather heavy (4.5lbs i think) though you may want the weight so that could be a pro, round tube jp forend while strong isn't always the best for bracing on the side of a something like a window or barricade fence post ect, accessories for the forend such as qd mounting is jp proprietary stuff so your options are limited vs something like mlock, cheek piece has no side to side adjustment (though for my face i found i didn't need it due to it being semi narrow in design so it doesn't push the face out much)

my sons chassis on the 6 dasher is a JP APAC. Got the folder and its solid.

Anyone using the APAC with the Badger M2013 Action? If so can you please post a photo of the action/chassis interface.

Anyone using the APAC with the Badger M2013 Action? If so can you please post a photo of the action/chassis interface.
I don't believe there m2013 will fit. It's accretion bed on the apacs is for rem 700 and clones so the footprint has to match that. If im not mistaken the m2013 is a fair bit different

Edit: after digging into it a boot more i would safely say the m2013 has no chance of working unless you were to mill the apacs. It's designed for the rounded single lug footprint of a 700 not the flat bottom double lug of the m2013

I have seen old AI Chassis milled for the Badger Action. Looking to see if anyone has milled/modified the APAC for the M2013 action

Anyone drop a Deadline action into the APAC? I know JP uses it in the MR-19 rifle but was wondering if it requires
modification.

Thanks

Anyone drop a Deadline action into the APAC? I know JP uses it in the MR-19 rifle but was wondering if it requires
modification.

Thanks
Per asking JP tonight they said that a deadline should fit in an apacs with no issues since it was designed to accept them and other 700 footprint actions

modification.

Thanks
Just as an update i spoke with JP this morning on the phone and there is one thing to be changed and that is they have a separate mag latch just for the deadlines. You would just have to contact them to get the correct latch

Greatest chassis ever. The new weight system makes it a great barricade rifle with the RRS dovetail/Arca. The folding stock locks up like a bank vault. I've thrown mine around and the anodized coating hasn't scratched or worn even after sliding it down the length of a cattle gait. The Bighorn TL3 went in it without issue. I have run Heavy Palma and Competition Contour in it without concern for fit under the hand-guard (i.e., there is plenty of clearance.)

I am interested in getting a APAC chassis. If I go with the Picatinny version now, can I just add the MKIII Arca Rail later or does the ARCA rail version of the APAC have other differences?

i have one for my 10yo as has the most adjustability in LOP - down to like 11 1/2 inch. Solidly built but if you want to change a barrel or trigger you got to disassemble it -- not like you can pull 2 screws and pull the action which is a PITA. But its solid - just dont put a barrelled action in there you like to tinker with.

Looking at pics of rifles built and looks like the barrel is not centered in the tube. Is this correct and if so, does anyone know why?

It is off set but it hasn't been an issue. It has something to do with the integration of their hand guard from the gas gun side of things to the chassis.
I really like having the barrel enclosed so it doesn't bother me. I'm sure you'll like the chassis once you shoot it.

I have a prototype I picked up here on this site. Currently has my lefty Bergara 6.5 in it. Buttstock adjustability is awesome and their Arca rail system works fantastic.

Last edited:
I hate to revive an old thread but I'm seriously looking at this chassis and i have 1 question. Do you need to remove the tubular fore end in order to remove the barreled action? I will be using an Origin with 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 RSAUM and would like something I don't have to disassemble every time I swap barrels. Thanks.

You do need to remove the forend to get the barrelled action out.
Is it just a few screws? My current KRG whisky 3 with enclosed forfend and arca rail is like a dozen screws and just a pain. BTW I'm lefty and have very positive experience with JP from the AR world so this is highly attractive.

It has somewhere around 10 screws plus the action screws. I think they go in and out easily enough with a torque wrench set ti the proper spec. I wish it was more quick detach but it's probably not practical. I have a buddy that is a lefty. He really likes it.

It has somewhere around 10 screws plus the action screws. I think they go in and out easily enough with a torque wrench set ti the proper spec. I wish it was more quick detach but it's probably not practical. I have a buddy that is a lefty. He really likes it.
Well, I need an Ambi folder because my KRG is fixed and a 26 inch barrel with supressor is tough to fit in things. So I ordered the JP. I used your coupon code which saved a bunch. Thanks.

Looking to revive this thread if I may. I’m looking at the APAC for my new Coup De Grace action, but I want to make sure there’s nothing that will hinder me from running AW magazines.

I have a prototype APAC (non-folder). My 12 round MDT metal mag doesn’t work. Anyone else having issues with specific mags?

I have used American rifle Co mags and AI mags. The MDT mags work the best . Call their help like if you have questions about it.

I've used three different 12 round MDTs in mine, and they all feed. Wonder if it's something different on the prototype? What action are you running?

Good point, it’s a bergara action. I’ll swap it out to another stock and see if it runs those mags. I can no longer avoid all those screws..

🤣🤣 I know what you mean about the screws. I decided I would accept the challenge of cerakoting mine. Took it all apart to include the steel buttons the magnet sticks to when it's folded. Sure wish all those screws took the same Allen wrench.

Reactions: Lthrt