• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP not timing correctly

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
What's cheaper or easier/better to fix to resolve the issue?

Picture 1 is with out the supplied washer.. About 20 degrease off from alignment..

0F640D7B-4202-4C9A-975E-7A3BA5895703_zpszkrmchdi.jpg

Picture 2 is with supplied crush washer... About 35 degrease off.. But UPSIDE DOWN....

A4AD17BB-1C92-4E70-895C-3631CC13B757_zpsqjxwlts3.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this and why it doesn't line up?

No custom work this is a factory mega barrel.

Also barrel to brake taper is way closer and cleaner with out the crush washer.. Not flawless but cleaner than with the crush washer..

Not trying to be a jerk, but from the OP picture it looks like the crush washer is completely crushed so that the flash hider can't be turned anymore. With crush washers your only supposed to turn your muzzle device on until you have resistance and it's indexed, not keep turning till you can't turn it anymore.

I am aware of how to use shims. I suggested this because maybe the supplied crush washer is too thick to allow the brake enough turns to index before its completely compacted.

Yeah, I'd buy a set of suppressor mount shims from AAC or similar and just time it.

I can't tell for sure but you could try a trick I used once. Take the crush washer (or a spare) and sand the narrow end of the washer. If you sand too much or screw it up then you're only out $2. I put a sheet of 320 grit on the table saw and rub the washer back and forth. Test again. Finish with some finer grit. Shims do work. So does a Nord-lock washer.

I am aware of how to use shims. I suggested this because maybe the supplied crush washer is too thick to allow the brake enough turns to index before its completely compacted.

My comment was not for you bro it was for the original poster (OP). Situational awareness. Tango71...out

Yeah, I've had to hit several crush washers with a big file to make them work. Didn't have a peel washer at the time.

Isn't a crush washer designed to be "crushed" between 1/4 turn a 1 1/4 turns after hand tight? I've never had a problem getting a muzzle device to line up with one.

Yea I got it. I underestimated the crush washers crushing ability. It went a full 1 1/4 turn with some left it felt like but 1 turn was all I needed.

Send the break to me & buy a clamp on, the problem is solved

I just installed a TSD Kompressor on my Recce 5.56 and it wouldn't time properly by hand with the crush washer but once you put a wrench on it you can easily turn it to the correct position and its good to go.

It doesn't cost too much to get a smith to turn it without any washers at the right timing. It looks alot better as well.