• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Judge Young Ruling (MA)

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Vote this pos out and get this illegal act overturned. NOW!

Fox News
    Login
    Watch TV

MASSACHUSETTS

4 hours ago
    Massachusetts ban on assault weapons doesn't violate 2nd Amendment, judge rules
    By Elizabeth Zwirz| Fox News
    Video
    AR-15 at center of gun control debate after school shooting
    Security expert Aaron Cohen provides insight on 'The Ingraham Angle' after school shooting in Broward County, Florida.
    A judge in Massachusetts on Friday ruled against a lawsuit that questioned the state’s ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines, declaring that the weapons were not protected by the Second Amendment.
    Assault weapons are considered to be military firearms, U.S. District Judge William Young said in his ruling, therefore disqualifying them from being included in a citizen’s right to “bear arms.”
    Policy makers, rather than the courts, were better suited to decide on the regulation for the weapons, he said.
    "Other states are equally free to leave them unregulated and available to their law-abiding citizens," Young said in his ruling. "These policy matters are simply not of constitutional moment. Americans are not afraid of bumptious, raucous and robust debate about these matters. We call it democracy."
    WHERE DOES TRUMP STAND ON GUN CONTROL? A LOOK AT THE PRESIDENT’S VIEWS
    The lawsuit was filed against state Attorney General Maura Healey last year by the Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts, among other parties, who claimed that AR-15s couldn’t be considered a “military weapon” because of their inability to shoot in fully automatic mode. They also claimed the ban infringed on Second Amendment rights.
    That notion was ruled out, however, as the judge pointed out that the design of semi-automatic AR-15's is based on guns "that were first manufactured for military purposes" and that the AR-15 is "common and well-known in the military."
    "The AR-15 and its analogs, along with large capacity magazines, are simply not weapons within the original meaning of the individual constitutional right to 'bear arms,'" Young said.
    GUN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS HAND OUT HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINES AT VERMONT RALLY
    The decision was championed by Healey, who said the judge’s decision “vindicates the right of the people of Massachusetts to protect themselves from these weapons of war and my office’s efforts to enforce the law.”
    “Strong gun laws save lives,” she continued “and we will not be intimidated by the gun lobby in our efforts to end the sale of assault weapons and protect our communities and schools. Families across the country should take heart in this victory.”
    The ruling in Massachusetts follows an ongoing debate about AR-15s, due in part to their use in shootings such as the violent spree in Parkland, Florida on Valentine’s Day that left 17 people were dead. Authorities said the shooter, Nikolas Cruz, used an AR-15during the deadly assault.
    STUDENTS HOLD SECOND AMENDMENT RALLY TO COUNTER WALKOUT PUSHING FOR STRICTER GUN LAWS
    Young also upheld Healey's 2016 enforcement notice to gun sellers and manufacturers clarifying what constitutes a "copy" or "duplicate" weapon under the 1998 assault weapon ban, including copies of the Colt AR-15 and the Kalashnikov AK-47.
    The Massachusetts assault weapons ban mirrors the federal ban that expired in 2004. It bans the sale of specific and name-brand weapons and explicitly bans copies or duplicates of those weapons.
    Fox News’ Bill Mears and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Reactions: Badfinger
    Judges are appointed in MA - no accountability accept to the Party that puts them in power......

and MA is a one party state,

Guess which one.

In order to fight this the AG will use tax payers money to defend her edict while the people effected will have to use their own real dollars to fight her unjust law.

where is the justice?

There needs to be a law that requires the AG in question to be personally accountable when their over reach is over turned.

That would make them think twice about charging ahead on this shit.

Still it gives the power to the courts to determine what the COTUS does or doesnt mean........IT MEANS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE PAPER NO MORE NO LESS>

Just read the ruling....

What a dumb fuck of a misunderstanding of the Second Amendment (shocking).

The Second Amendment is exacty meant for the people to have military weapons.

Why is the militia clause so crucial to the left except for when it does not fit their agenda?

WTF! "The AR-15 is "common and well-known in the military." Jet engine aircraft are common and well known in the military, so from now on this judge should have to rent a Cessna 150 when ever he needs to fly.

Reactions: jrassy and 1J04
    Obviously great points. Absolutely agree that if you put your agenda before the cotus you need to be removed, stripped of authority, and fined. At thee very least.

Reactions: jrassy
    A Massachusetts judge who doesnt know about the SCOTUS case of Caetano v Massachusetts??
    No....

A Massachusetts judge who DOESNT CARE about Caetano v MA....judge knows damn well his “ruling” is bullshit....he doesn’t care because he’s not held accountable....it goes to the Supreme Court and gets overturned?.... They just don’t care and do what they want anyways....

Our legal system is fucked..... I have 0 faith in it anymore.....

Fuck this state.... I’m getting out ASAP

Last edited:
    So the standard is now “first manufactured for military purposes”? So any revolver or CRF bolt rifle? The M1 Garand?

So the standard is now “first manufactured for military purposes”? So any revolver or CRF bolt rifle? The M1 Garand?

Goodbye .45ACP revolvers and 1911s. LC, for that matter, too.

Its time for the people of Mass to start an armed rebellion again. Fuck that judge and all faux Justice in this country, fiuck these illegal and unconstitutional decisions. Its time.
    I’m not sure how effective all 10 of us who are actually pissed in this state will be......

The majority of the dong hopping Prius driving cunts in this state could care less

I’m not sure how effective all 10 of us who are actually pissed in this state will be......

The majority of the dong hopping Prius driving cunts in this state could care less

Sirhr's gonna be along in a minute to steal that last bit of charming English from you.

Reactions: 1J04
    We like to refer to him now as "Mr Almost Original". :ROFLMAO:

What, just because I am behind the curve in Propane Jokes?

My role model is the Greek Historian/scientist/geographer/philosoher Eratosthenes of Cyrene. He was irreverently nicknamed "Beta" by his jealous peers. Beta... for second. Because he was second best in the world... at everything.

I don't have to be original... ;-) More than happy to be second best ... at lots of things.

Cheers,

Sirhr

My role model is the Greek Historian/scientist/geographer/philosoher Eratosthenes of Cyrene. He was irreverently nicknamed "Beta" by his jealous peers. Beta... for second. Because he was second best in the world... at everything.

I don't have to be original... ;-) More than happy to be second best ... at lots of things.

Cheers,

Sirhr

:ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Sirhr

Well, you're still #1 in my book Jimmy. :giggle:

The cotus was for the people and it’s time for the people to take it back.

Every product is manufactured for whoever will buy it.

Stoner lucked out that Curtis LeMay just happened to be getting a little too portly and recognized his fence line patrols a little to effete to carry a heavier weapon, otherwise it would have been just an interesting design.

Kinda what I figured. Your honor we object. Over ruled. Your honor we strongly object!! Shut up and go away. Yes sir, we will be in the corner over here if you need us.

Kind of disheartening to see the NRA put their official numbers at only 5 million.

Granted 5 million is a lot and the NRA does plenty to turn away more, but if the number was even half of the US gun owning population (estimated at 100 million) than not one of these pukes would have the balls to come to such a judgement.

As it is though pretty ballsy to do so as 5 million committed enough to spend the $30 and put up with the NRAs shenanigans is a pretty sizeable committed force.

The NRA board has a collective wet dream every time something like this happens because it equates to more money coming in.

If we ever started to make real progress in regaining freedom they would become irrelevant.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Fuck this state.... I’m getting out ASAP
    I know that's not easy to do, having personally done it myself just recently from Virginia. But I'll tell you, it's SO damn relieving when you do it, you will be bitching at yourself for not doing it sooner.

I know that's not easy to do, having personally done it myself just recently from Virginia. But I'll tell you, it's SO damn relieving when you do it, you will be bitching at yourself for not doing it sooner.

Eventually you will run out of places to run. This is not a strategy. We must start Taking the fight to them, otherwise we might as well go ahead and hand them over. Anyone that thinks they aren’t winning is delusional.9

TRUTH

We will be next in RI. This is a bad precedent.

And read my statement above, simply moving is not an answer. It’s a retreat because you are losing the battle.

I don't want to even try. This is where I'm from. This is where I stand. Besides, just how many 2A refugees could Montana support anyways?

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    And read my statement above, simply moving is not an answer. It’s a retreat because you are losing the battle.
    that really easy for those of you who dont have to live in these commie states to say.

truth is, there are plenty of other reason to want to move out of MA other than the gun laws.......if everything else in MA was honky-dory other than the gun laws......yeah ide probably consider staying.......

and the sad part is.....its not even all of MA........western MA is honestly not bad.....but just like NY, the entire state is ruled by the big city.....

if we took MA and split it in 2 right down 495.........western MA wouid look a lot like NH.

I still think this is going to wind up being the US split, gun people and conservatives on one side and the lefties and their Mecca’s on the other. The deal is they stay on their side and in their area never to be allowed to the other and vice versa. Problem is implementation. Haha. Of course one side will have guns so...

I still think this is going to wind up being the US split, gun people and conservatives on one side and the lefties and their Mecca’s on the other. The deal is they stay on their side and in their area never to be allowed to the other and vice versa. Problem is implementation. Haha. Of course one side will have guns so...

I'd say we take the right side.

Lots of nice places left of the Mississippi but more water in the east.

A stated already, he knows better he just doesn't give a shit. And he can afford to do so as the general population of MA doesn't give a shit.

The fucking internet was a military invention. By his theory we have an interesting assessment of the 1st amendment.

This is another childish "fuck you" to much more than the COTUS. It is a fuuuuuck you to any power or authority other than himself (themselves), and to history. And like all childish fits it has consequences.

Last edited:
    The First amendment is only for newspapers. Its not for the internet. Its not for television. The founders never envisioned TV or Internet. The government needs to control these things. Newspapers or untelivised speeches are the only thing that is protected by the First Amendment.