• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

June '09 Internet 100 & 200 Yard Rimfire Matches

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
Ok, here we go again with our monthly rimfire match for June. Good luck everyone! Same rules apply;

Rules

100 Yard & 200 Yard - .22LR Rimfire 30 Shot Match Rules;

1. It is open to all Forum members.

2. We will use the A21 Target for the 200 Yard Match, and the TQ-4 Target for the 100
Yard Match. Both can be purchased from; http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/ or a dealer of your choice.

3. You may use as many targets as you choose for your course of fire, (30 Shots), or you may use one target and score/repair it after every 10 shots. Target Pasters or masking tape may be used to repair targets between 10 shot relays. Just be sure to score your target first before repairing it.

4. This Match will be shot from the Prone Position. Bipod & sling are allowed. Shooting off a sandbag, chunk, x-stick, or backpack, is allowed. However, the barrel may not be locked into any support devices.

The butt of the rifle must be supported in your shoulder without any aids such as lock in devices or sandbags, (though locking in with a sling is permissable).

5. There will be two Classifications;

a. Class - OIS [Open Iron Sights which also include Peep Sights]
b. Class - SCOPE [There are no restrictions on power]

6. Reporting your score each month will be done as shown below. You must PM me your score through this site no later then the last day of the current month we are shooting in. Once I have all the reported scores for a particular month I will post them.

Name: Bullseye Bob
Score: 300-30x
Rifle: Savage Mark II FVT
Class: SCOPE (6-24x42 Tasco Target/Varmint)
Ammo: Federal 711B

-or-

Name: Bullseye Betty
Score: 300-30x
Class: OIS (Peep Sights)
Ammo: Federal 711B

7. There will be six - 30 shot Matches held in 2009; (April, May, June, July, August, September)

Have fun and enjoy the Matches. It's not about winning, but rather what we can learn from one another
through these long range monthly shoots.

From 100 to 200yd clicks?

About how many inches of adjustment do you dial in to get from a 100 to 200 yd zero using standard velocity target ammo? I understand its just approximate but just to get on paper

Re: From 100 to 200yd clicks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rich56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About how many inches of adjustment do you dial in to get from a 100 to 200 yd zero using standard velocity target ammo? I understand its just approximate but just to get on paper </div></div>

Rich,

From a 50 yd zero, and CCI Green Tag ammo scope w/ 1/4" clicks:

to 100 yds = drop 7.75 MOA or 31 clicks
to 200 yds = drop 28.5 MOA or 114 clicks

Here's the June results;

June 2009 SH 100 & 200 yard results;

100 YARD

Name: TOP PREDATOR
Rifle: Savage mkII
Class: Scope (8x32 bsa platinum)
Ammo: SK Match
Score: 287

Clodhopper
Same ole
Anshutz 1451
Weaver T16 Scope
Rem. Eley match extra plus ammo
285 6-X

Name: Joe Martin
Rifle: Savage MKII FVT
Class: Scope (6-24x42 Tasco Mil-Dot)
Ammo: Eley Sport
Score: 279

(200 YARD)

Name: TOP PREDATOR
Rifle: Savage mkII
Class: Scope (8x32 bsa platinum)
Ammo: SK Match
Score: 280

Nice shooting everyone!
smile.gif

RICH56,

with sk match chronyed at 1040 fps, and depending on temp:

from a 50 yard zero i'm getting 8"to9" drop to 100, 63 to 69 1/8" clicks

from a 50 yard zero i'm getting 67" to 68.75" drop to 200 yards, 256 to 262 1/8" clicks

from a 50 yard zero i'm getting 193 1/8" clicks between 100 and 200 yards

I list everyone's scores they submit. Doesn't seem to be much interest right now in shooting 100 & 200 yard paper. Folks may not have the time this time of year?

I also wonder if we were shooting gongs at 100 & 200 yards if we'd get more involvement? Say a 4x5 gong at 100 yards, and a 6x8 at 200 yards? 30 shots from each distance - report how many times you hit the gong you choose to shoot at (27 of 30 from 200 yards)? Something of this nature?

OK Joe I'm in for this month. I am waiting for my Q4 targets. I have the A 21.
As for the metal. I would do both. More practise . I will PM you with the pics of both gongs & paper.

Bravo, Joe. Don't be discouraged by a small initial turnout, growth tends to be slow but steady. Our FV200 200yd Centerfire F Class emulation club matches here at Odessa NY are nearing the middle of our second season, and we had 14 shooters this past weekend, even in my own absence due to car/family considerations.

Greg

I'm going to try to get a shoot in on this one at both 100 & 200. I have a range for 100, however for 200 i'll have to go onto public land, and there are places for me to do it, just not a lot of time for me to do it. Work has me putting in a lot of overtime, i'm getting at least 50hrs/week right now, and last week was 60. I want to do more of these matches, however I have to juggle work, 2 daughters, a wife, and whatever is left is mine. Like was said before, don't be discouraged by low turnout, folks are just busy this time of year, and some folks don't like to go and lay down on the ground for hours when it's hot out, especially when it's NOT windy!

Branden

The same here . Lot of work ,Little time to play.
I generaly go late afternoon to be able to have the 200' range all to my self so I can vary distance's and learning to range thru the scope. Super hot here in SW Florida.
I will try and get some more on this end to participate.

This was my initial thoughts of time constraints come good weather. We have a narrow window of good weather that we need to get things done, and of course family and work must come first. Perfectly understandable.

joe, i think the gongs would be and interesting addition but may be harder to get/build and sometimes a no-no to shoot at public ranges.

I don't think we'll make any changes this year since we're at the midway point of these matches with only July, August, and September left.

Over the Winter I think we could discuss the possibilities of expanding the matches. Perhaps offering a gong match for those that can, and adding a 50 yard match, as well as opening up the use of bench within the current rules of supporting the rifle in the same manner as from the prone position.
smile.gif

Hi Joe,
Have you thought about extending the matches later than September for those of us in the lower states. I like shoot in any weather to test my ability. Gongs next year would be a +.

Actually, I see no reason why we couldn't continue these monthly's - year round? Not all SH members have the same weather year round, so going with year round would give more folks an opportunity to get involved I feel.

Between now and the end of September I will re'work the info and rules so we can get started in October or perhaps before.

I've decided not to take on any 50 yard targets. We will stay with the 100 and 200 yard ranges.

All matches will be 30 shots;

a. 100 yard (new) "paper" Target TQ4 (Prone) Match-100YP-TQ4
b. 100 yard (current) "paper" Target TQ4 (Bench) Match-100YB-TQ4
c. 200 yard (current) "paper" Target A21 (Prone) Match-200YP-A21
d. 200 yard (new) "paper" Target A21 (Bench) Match-200YB-A21
e. 100 yard (new) "gong" 4x5 inch (Prone) Match-100YP-45G
f. 100 yard (new) "gong" 4x5 inch (Bench) Match-100YB-45G
g. 200 yard (new) "gong" 6x8 inch (Prone) Match-200YP-68G
h. 200 yard (new) "gong" 6x8 inch (Bench) Match-200YB-68G

Class - OSI (Open Iron Sights Which Include Peep Sights)
Class - Scope (There Are No Restrictions On Power)

Here's is how we will report our scores. If they are not reported in the following manner - they will be thrown out. So be sure to double check your PM to me that it is formatted properly, as I will not reformat it;

Name: John Doe
Class: Scope
Match: 200YB-68G
Score: 29 of 30

Name: Jane Doe
Class: OSI
Rifle: Marlin 925
Match: 200YP-A21
Score: 299-29X

There are a total of 8 Matches. You may enter a score for any number of these matches each month that you wish to shoot in - but you may only enter a score once for each matches you choose to shoot in per month.

Example;
I would probably enter Matches: 200YP-68G and 200YB-68G (which is the 200 yard prone & bench matches using a 6x8 inch gong).

This is what I have so far. I will not go beyond the 8 matches listed above, as it could become to confusing. Therefore, if anyone wants to run anyother type matches you will have to do it.

Appreciate your understanding.
smile.gif

Joe,
I just want to say thanks for doing this.
Top Predator,
Nice shooting, don't screw up because I am right on your tail!

You are quite welcome Clodhopper!
smile.gif

clodhopper,
i just put a new scope on my rifle, so i can use that as an excuse for july

joe,
thanks for adding the bench and the gongs, and all the extra work in between. are we not allowed to use a rear bag from the bench?

No rear bag from the bench or prone.

I just posted the new rules and match schedule that will begin in August 2009. We'll still shoot July under the existing rules.
smile.gif

I think we can have a lot of fun with these extra matches, and they will run year round.
smile.gif

Thanks Joe. That is great. I am heading to the range later today and getting set up and some practise in.

No rear bag. only bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDR911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Joe. That is great. I am heading to the range later today and getting set up and some practise in.

No rear bag. only bipod. </div></div>

The butt of the rifle must be supported in your shoulder without any aids such as lock'in devices or sandbags, (though locking in with a sling is permissable). This Rule is for both "Prone & Bench" shooting. The use of a Bi-Pod, or Sandbags to support your rifle's barrel is allowed.

You could even use a chunk or backpack to rest your rifle barrel on.

I guess I need to scrounge some iron. I have always shot the gongs at the range, but they just don't come in nice sizes like 4X5 and 6X8
Saw a piece of 4" strap in the iron pile at work. The owner would likley be glad to let me have 5" of it. But the stand just hasn't fallen off the iron pile and on to my toe yet. That's more likley if I am digging to the pile.

I've got a 6x8 I need to make a 4x5. but for now I need to try the 100...as i don't get to 200 often enough due to space.

If you have a welding shop in your area they usually have pieces of small metal laying around that is 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick - which would be plenty thick for our shooting. Even 5/16 or 3/8 inch thick will give you a good report if that's all you can lay your hands on.

I haven't tried the 1/8th inch diamond plate but I bet that would work well also.
smile.gif