• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Just a quick video

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    No big deal, just my oppo and I out in the field shooting rocks and wombat holes..
    Rem700 SPS Tac .308 / 175gr Federal SMK
    691yds w/ 2-3.5 meter per second wind from 2.

In that area, it's one of the further targets. The spotter is the bushnell excursion 15-45x60 FFP.

No worries
    smile.gif
    enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2BCWuD7M8c

Re: Just a quick video

thanks mate, we had the spotter on a rock laying on its side so the eyepiece was closest to the ground then packed the camera to line up with it using the foam from the pack strap... held it in place by hand, tricky and dodgey but works if you can line things up.

Been toying with a camera mount that will thread into the base of the camera and the tripod base plate so it will be on a swing arm but because I use an Olympus U-Tough camera thats shaped like a rectangle with the lens up in one corner no one makes any kind of digiscoping bracket for it...

Very good..........I thought it was the view through the scope, the mill dots on the spotting scope threw me.
    Good to get a bit of footage of game getting smacked down with that outfit.

Looked like a windy day. Have you tried it out past 1000 yards yet?

The recoil on the spotter is from the muzzle brake, my scope is running a TMR which I find is <span style="font-weight: bold">much better.</span>

That area, furthest we've shot out to is 770 with good results. My bushnell elite 1500 LRF just crapped out and there weren't any really good targets out there anyhow, not yet anyway. Working on getting some AR500 steel but not for a while.

You hit up little river from time to time?

That AR500 steel sounds interesting. I just use 20mm mild steel plate that a mate cut out for me. I also have a 20mm blank flange that is being held in reserve for when I blast too many holes in the plate.
    Where can you get AR500 in Victoria?

I have never shot at Little River. Just shoot on my property in Gippsland or up the bush on State forest land or up NSW.

Getting out to 1000 yards with my Edge with very good accuracy and plan to take it to 1500 in the next few weeks. Just ordered some Nosler brass so will be making up some hotter loads to see how far I can get before I run out of scope adjustment or accuracy.

Most of the usual steel suppliers/fabricators can get you Bizalloy 500, cost about $20-30 for a 30x30 plate to be cut.

JJ