• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just bought a 20" barrel POF 308, Was this a good deal?

warrenator

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2008
Ohio
Hello everyone, I just used the buy it now option to pick up a 20" POF 308 with a few extras and I am wondering what you guys think of the deal. I paid $3,295 plus shipping and insurance. I know gun prices are high right now but I have seen these priced at around $3,000 to $3,200 new with one mag even before the current craziness. I have a 18" POF 415 that I bought a few years ago and love so I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this rifle! I have an IOR 35mm SH 3-18x42 FFP scope that I will be mounting on it. Unfortunately I am going to have to sell my HK MSG90 Clone to help fund this and to free up some space in the safe. Anyway let me know what you think of the deal.

Seller's description:
You are looking at a Like New POF 308 20" that I have done some serious upgrades to. This gun has about 235 rounds through it and is in like new condition. I upgraded the stock with a Magpul Precision(255.00), added a Geissele match Two Stage trigger(275.00), Monopod (100.00), GG&G Bipod(227.00)AAC Flash Hider(100.00) and a Blueforce Tactical sling(75.00). The gun will come with 2-20 round Magpul magazines. This gun shoots great and will not dissapoint. I do not have the box or original paperwork. Sorry. I have added about $1032.00 to the gun in upgrades plus tax and installation. I will also include a set of RCBS reloading dies. SCOPE AND MOUNT IN THE PICTURES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION. I can only accept postal money order or bank check. Shipping will be $45.00 Ground and insurance is available at an additional cost. Thanks for looking an good luck. Whoever wins this gun will have themselves one hell of a rifle!!!

Here is a link to the auction with photos: POF 308 20" Like New, Ton of Upgrades, Look! : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Last edited:
We have new 16" without the options for 2799.00 so with the options doesnt look like your did too bad.

Good, I am glad to hear I did ok and it is set up exactly like I want it! I was recently at Cabela's in Wheeling, WV. They had some 14.5" with permanently attached flash hiders for $3,200 but what I was looking for was the 20" which they no longer carry.

What ammo are those of you using for the 20" barreled POFs? I have a few boxes of Black Hills 168 grain. I also have some Port NATO 7.62x51 that I think is 147 grain.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Hornady TAP 168, Hornady A-Max 168, and FGMM 175 perform well. I've not tried any Black Hills. STAY AWAY from the Hornady Superformance load because it's not gas gun friendly and can potentially cause serious damage.

As for what kinda deal you got on the setup, you really did well so congrats!

Last edited:
Hornady TAP 168, Hornady A-Max 168, and FGMM 175 perform well. I've not tried any Black Hills. STAY AWAY from the Hornady Superformance load because it's not gas gun friendly and can potentially cause serious damage.

As for what kinda deal you got on the setup, you really did well so congrats!

Thanks a lot KillShot, I will look for some more ammo when I get a chance. I have read a lot of your posts over the last few years I love your set up too. The photo in your signature always felt like it was taunting me until now. LOL!

I just got off the phone with the seller who confirmed that this is a factory built gun that he just added the upgrades to. He also said that he will include the original trigger and flash hider. In addition for $100 more he is going to throw in 4 more 20rd PMAGs (for a total of 6). So the total cost with the extra mags, shipping, insurance and transfer fee is $3,503.00. Wow I am excited I can't wait to shoot this thing!

Last edited:
warrenator
You got a good deal, POF had some early problems but they have worked them out and there rifles are good to go now. Hate that you have to sell your HK they are hard to come by. Enjoy.

I find that mine likes the Hornady Tap 168's, or the Hornady Zombie 168's (Basically the same thing) the best. It will shoot GMM 175's, but it seems to really enjoy the Hornady and thats what I keep loaded in my mags.

Mine shoots the federal M1A OTM 168gr extremely well, .50-.75 moa. cycles good not too dirty.