• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Rogue Rebarreling

I thought POF had an accuracy guarantee?
Their accuracy guarantee is an MOA Guarantee.

When I called they explained that it’s 3 shots at 50 yards. Doesn’t have to be 3 consecutive shots and there’s no limit on the number of shots.

So basically worthless.

Also I’ve had two barrels provided by them, both with poor accuracy and they both closed on a field no go gauge.

Their accuracy guarantee is an MOA Guarantee.

When I called they explained that it’s 3 shots at 50 yards. Doesn’t have to be 3 consecutive shots and there’s no limit on the number of shots.

So basically worthless.

Also I’ve had two barrels provided by them, both with poor accuracy and they both closed on a field no go gauge.
That's ridiculous

Reactions: bfoosh006
You know what’s funny, Juan, the customer service guy also said they could ship my rifle direct back to me, “since I already own it”
Which I thought was wrong as well.

I told him I’m grandfathered in and my state won’t let me ship out and then bring it back through an ffl. It’s a dumb rule but that’s what every ffl I have talked to has said.

I asked to buy an extension originally they told me no but I ended up just getting it rebarreled while it was getting the bcg replaced. Cost me 275 for the barrel and I asked for the fluted nitride barrel which only came in revolution and so I had to get the handguard too.

Ended up being 450 bucks, totally wasn’t worth it.

A manufacturer can send a rifle directly to your house once you own the rifle and have gone through the initial 4473 process.

So PVA still has the barrel they messed up and need to fix but I would like to shoot some matches this summer with this gun.
After a few calls and an email with no response, I’m looking to find someone else to make the barrel. Shouldn’t take a year to get a barrel.

So I’ve made up another barrel extension and I’m looking for who to pick.

McGowen says they can get it done in a few weeks, are they reliable with this kinda thing? I’ve seen some bad reviews but don’t know if that’s a thing of the past?

So PVA still has the barrel they messed up and need to fix but I would like to shoot some matches this summer with this gun.
After a few calls and an email with no response, I’m looking to find someone else to make the barrel. Shouldn’t take a year to get a barrel.

So I’ve made up another barrel extension and I’m looking for who to pick.

McGowen says they can get it done in a few weeks, are they reliable with this kinda thing? I’ve seen some bad reviews but don’t know if that’s a thing of the past?

I would look into Craddock's RTR barrels. A few options in stock.

The POF small frame .308s have unique barrel extensions with different teeth spacing for the bolt lugs.

The extractor is wide and required one of the extension lugs to be deleted. It’s also made from AerMet, to my recollection.

I went over all the unique parts with Frank (POF owner, RIP) at SHOT Show when he debuted the Revolution.

iu

iu

The POF small frame .308s have unique barrel extensions with different teeth spacing for the bolt lugs.

The extractor is wide and required one of the extension lugs to be deleted. It’s also made from AerMet, to my recollection.

I went over all the unique parts with Frank (POF owner, RIP) at SHOT Show when he debuted the Revolution.

iu

iu
Yeah I have 2 extensions machined up and ready, just need to put them barrels.

Yeah I have 2 extensions machined up and ready, just need to put them barrels.
What alloy were they machined from and were they heat-treated?

With the AerMet bolt, you really want an equally-strong barrel extension or else the bolt will win if there's a catastrophic event, and the extension teeth will let go, or the extension will circumferentially fracture.

What alloy were they machined from and were they heat-treated?

With the AerMet bolt, you really want an equally-strong barrel extension or else the bolt will win if there's a catastrophic event, and the extension teeth will let go, or the extension will circumferentially fracture.
I appreciate that.

From Aermet and heat treated same as the original.