• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just Finished Abbigails AR updated with more pics

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
I just finished and tested Abby's AR. I would like to Thank Deadly0311, he was the one who gave and painted the Magpul stock for her. I got the upper and lower from Sun Devil, they were great to work with. They rest I put together my self, and I got to say that it was a bunch of fun. Abbigail is now 8 and can't wait to take it out in afew days to give her a try. Thaks for all the advice that many of you gave when I started to put this together.
DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

Re: Just Finished Abbigails AR

Good deal, man that thing looks great....hope that she has a blast with it buddy.

WOW!!! I remember when I was nine my father gave me a 20g shotgun. I thought that was something, this takes the cake. Nice rifle, I hope she enjoys it!

real nice, she holds a rifle better than maser

I hope it's not over the top, and as for maser, hell, he would give up his best hamster for that stick.

don't show my daughter that, she will lose her mind

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope it's not over the top, and as for maser, hell, he would give up his best hamster for that stick.</div></div>

If you knew how I felt about ARs, you would get why I'm laughing at that statement right now.
laugh.gif

Awesome work sowing the seeds for the next generation. My girls only have a 22 (rimfire) right now, but you have me thinking. I can see AR's for Christmas.

I did take my 18 year old niece out shooting for the first time this week, though. She starts college in the fall, and has been victimized by the public schools for the 12 years.

She absolutely had a ball, especially with the pistols.

ETA- and dittos to Deadly for helping out. He has shown to be a great guy, has helped me out before too.

hope you dont mind but they were all messed up on my screen

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

thats absolutely awesome man. while i feel uneasy about being out equiped by an 8 year old, i dont care if i get out shot by a girl. nice job on that AR man, it looks really top quality. om man, she even has a better trigger than i do? this will cost me money, lol

Thanks guys, she and I are heading to the range to let her try it out. Will post pics

She loves shooing it, not bad groups for 25 yards. Also, I need to get info on ear protection that are electronic and small for kids, she was having a hard time with the noise, her muffs do not fit well, any suggestions?
DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

Man you have no idea how tickled i am seeing that. Great to see that she is out shooting that thing with dad
smile.gif
Keep up the good work buddy

I have found that the foam plugs seem to work the best for young ears. I put them in so that they are a good fit. You can also use muffs over the top of the plugs for added protection. I always use both on new shooters. Even when I start them on the .22's this will make sure that they have a very good first shot. No noise .22 they hardly realize it shot if it were not for the hot shaken soda can exploding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have found that the foam plugs seem to work the best for young ears. I put them in so that they are a good fit. You can also use muffs over the top of the plugs for added protection. I always use both on new shooters. Even when I start them on the .22's this will make sure that they have a very good first shot. No noise .22 they hardly realize it shot if it were not for the hot shaken soda can exploding. </div></div>

I'll try that, you talk about new shooters, when Abby and I were out there today, I watch some dad with his son, the kid was shooting a Thompson Center, no more then a 223 with a scope, the kid was leery of shooting it, well he talked him into shooting it and of corse the dad was letting him get to close to the scope, well SMACK! Right in the face, kid was crying, not having fun. I wish I could club that father.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have found that the foam plugs seem to work the best for young ears. I put them in so that they are a good fit. You can also use muffs over the top of the plugs for added protection. I always use both on new shooters. Even when I start them on the .22's this will make sure that they have a very good first shot. No noise .22 they hardly realize it shot if it were not for the hot shaken soda can exploding. </div></div>

I'll try that, you talk about new shooters, when Abby and I were out there today, I watch some dad with his son, the kid was shooting a Thompson Center, no more then a 223 with a scope, the kid was leery of shooting it, well he talked him into shooting it and of course the dad was letting him get to close to the scope, well SMACK! Right in the face, kid was crying, not having fun. I wish I could club that father.</div></div>
That is horrible. I agree the dad needs a good smacking. This month I have the good fortune to take my VERY left wing democrat older sister out to shoot. She wants a pistol but she has never even held a gun before. This will be a treat. As with every person I have ever "broke that cherry" with they turn into gun fanatics.
Last guy I took last year for the first time in his life now has 3 pistols 2 rifles and a shotgun. I love it when a plan comes together.
I don't care what the persons physical size is I always have them shoot my old Springfield Meteor .22 bolt action and my Ruger mark 2 with double ear protection. It makes the day a blast. Lots of reactive targets too. Lemons, hot shaken soda, noisy large steel plates etc.
I have found that the eye protection can sometimes lift the edge of ear muffs and causes them to not work.

That is awesome! My niece is 4, maybe in a few years she'll get her own rifle.
smile.gif

What trigger is that???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is awesome! My niece is 4, maybe in a few years she'll get her own rifle.
smile.gif

What trigger is that??? </div></div>

Chip Mcormic (sp) at first, it had some creep in it but it's shooting in nicely, it breaks at 3 1/2 Lbs. I wanted a light trigger for her to teach control, it's easy to start good habits at a early age.

The hex plugs can be compressed longitudinally and trimmed with scissors. I used to use the ones on my Leatherman Micra.
If you make the plugs the diameter of the kid's pinky or ring finger, they insert more easily and are more comfortable for the kid, as well as being possible to insert far enough for good dampening. Low profile muffs can be added.

That is awesome! I've never been happier to see an eight year old kid with a better AR setup than me.

Extremely cool gift. To think I had to settle for a Big Wheel when I was her age.

That's pretty damn cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tpowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is awesome. </div></div>

Hey Todd,
Can you do something like that?

Very cool! I have always found it easy and fast to train females
of any age to shoot as they seem to have no preconceived notions
or bad habits from TV and the movies. that is a rifle to be proud of!

Very nice.
My boy is 10 and he gets his this Christmas.

Take her out and burn that barrel up!

Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ErikTaylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn I wish my dad gave me an AR15 when I was 8..LOL

Looks awesome. I'm sure she'll enjoy it! </div></div>

I wish my dad would give me a box of bullets, hell even a 50 round box of 22 shells so I can at least shoot something. But I shouldnt complain, I gots me a dillon 550. and COOL AR!!!!!

Scott

Great gun. Mine started with an MP-5 with a .22 kit in it. "we have to go home Honey." Why? "We're out of ammo." You can go inside and buy more.

Beware, you've been warned.

Very nice. What upper and lower is that? You need to drop a scope and bipod on that and get a 20rd mag and let her go prone. Each of my kids got their first rifle when they turned 5. Teach them young.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CANAVAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. What upper and lower is that? You need to drop a scope and bipod on that and get a 20rd mag and let her go prone. Each of my kids got their first rifle when they turned 5. Teach them young. </div></div>

Upper and Lower are Sun Devil...they make a shit ton of different colors for matched sets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CANAVAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. What upper and lower is that? You need to drop a scope and bipod on that and get a 20rd mag and let her go prone. Each of my kids got their first rifle when they turned 5. Teach them young. </div></div>

Im going to hold off of the scope for a while, I put that Eotech on there just to keep it fun, The standard Peep sights she was having problems with, so i'll keep her on the eotech for a bit.

Man that is great to see a dad put that much thought, time and money into a one of kind gift! you can tell she loves it.

Hope you really enjoy those moments with her

nice build for a great cause

Nice gun! I have a project like this planned for my niece, but she's only 10 months old. ...maybe I just want a pink or purple AR?

At any rate, things like this can get and keep a young person into shooting. Thanks for spending your time and money introducing her to this great sport!