• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Just got back from Apple with 2 iPhone 4's

Re: Just got back from Apple with 2 iPhone 4's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what does the monthly service cost for one of these smart phones anyways? </div></div>

Our bill is about $260 per month. Unlimited data on all phones.</div></div> Holy Jesus! Thats 100 bucks more than the payment on my Concours 1400. That made my heart jump a little.

The data is ridiculous what they charge you. I pay 120 a month, and that burns my ass. But unl data, unl talk and 1k of messages. But its the only internet I have/need and I don't have a landline anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy Jesus! Thats 100 bucks more than the payment on my Concours 1400. That made my heart jump a little. </div></div>

We're talking about four smart phones here, not one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They no longer offer unlimited data, now its $15 for 200MB or $25 for 2GB of data. BUT! If you already have the $30 unlimited data plan, you can keep it as long as you are a customer. </div></div>

Good to know! My wife and I both have the unlimited data on ours, so thats cool we can keep it! Thanks for the info!

The metal case/antenna seems to be a nasty issue with some iphoners. They're saying now that Apple is advising people to either hold the phone a certain way or use a silicon case to prevent antenna problems from touching it the wrong way.

Catholic priests are advised to steer clear of iphones completely.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what does the monthly service cost for one of these smart phones anyways? </div></div>

an ass load.
i was used to paying 65 for two phones a month. the wife just had to have a smart phone. after a few weeks of back and forth... guess what we got? iphones.
about 150$ a month for two phones... unlimited email/data, etc etc. enough rollover minutes after about 2 months that you will NEVER run out of talk time.
only reason i justify it is because i dont have a cable bill or home phone bill.

i guess in the end its worth it.
nothing like being able to check email and the net when you are away from the computer for periods of time.

lowlight:
i guess you are right... im a dinosaur when it comes to using cash i guess.
i still think its funny that the apple store guy looked at me like he didnt know cash existed at all when i paid for my 27" imac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what does the monthly service cost for one of these smart phones anyways? </div></div>

an ass load.
</div></div>
Finally somebody that can count.

for 5 phones I pay 60 for plan, 60 for both data plans for 2 phones, 40 for each additional line and 30 for unlimited text for all the phones on the account for a total of $205 for 5 phones tax included. Thats $41 per phone, 2 iphones 3 regular phones.

I heard that 1 out of every 4 phones sold in 2010 has been an Iphone. if thats true, then DAAAYYYUM!

I think soon it will change to 1 in evry 3 pones if not 1 in every 2! iP4 kicks some hard ass! It was well worth the wait in line. Thats why I laugh at the people when they say Apple is loosing money by not going to Verizon. I dont think Apple could handle a larger customer base anyway. By the time they produce enough iP4's to satisfy the demand, they will only have enough time left on their hands to design and make iP5's.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/android-market-share-passes-iphones-npd-data-2010-05-10

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The Android mobile operating system passed the Apple iPhone in terms of U.S. market share during the first quarter, according to a report issued Monday by the NPD Group.

According to the study, the Android OS -- developed by Google Inc. /quotes/comstock/15*!goog/quotes/nls/goog (GOOG 472.68, -2.42, -0.51%) -- ended the period with a domestic market share of 28%. That's up from about 20% in the December quarter, and is due mostly to strong sales of handsets such as the Droid and Droid Eris at Verizon Wireless /quotes/comstock/13*!vz/quotes/nls/vz (VZ 28.55, -0.41, -1.42%) , according to the report.

The iPhone from Apple Inc. /quotes/comstock/15*!aapl/quotes/nls/aapl (AAPL 266.70, -2.30, -0.86%) saw its U.S. share remain relatively flat at 21%. The leader in the U.S. remains Research In Motion /quotes/comstock/15*!rimm/quotes/nls/rimm (RIMM 52.23, -6.35, -10.84%) , whose BlackBerry family of "smart phone" devices has about 36% of the market, according to NPD data.

Im sure thats before iPhone 4. Wait for the new reports once everyone gets a iPhone 4.

I'm with Sprint and have a Blackberry Tour and love it. For what I get with my plan, I can't beat it! We pay around 150/month for 3 blackberries. Unlimited everything. Plus, I get 25% off any assories at the Sprint store. Unless AT&T can come close to that for iPhone, I'll just stick with what I have.

Fate is a funny bitch sometimes.
icon_rolleyes.gif

After blowing you shit earlier in the week for camping out I experienced a small problem while vacationing here in Las Vegas.
After 3 years of flawless service I did this to my original iPhone:
huh.gif

100_1774.jpg

I'm 2500 miles from home and my phone is trashed. But, I know...
There's an Apple Store down the street on the strip so I head on down...

I get there and show them my problem.
They offered to fix my phone for 200.00 OR offer me one of these:

100_1820.jpg

In and out in less than 30 min!!!
It took them longer to transfer data from my phone to the new one or it would have been less.
No standing in line though...

I guess we will both be shaking out the bugs on the new phones after all.

Sucks, I don't have any time to play with the thing.
2-5 No Limit Hold'em awaits. It will have to wait 'till I get back to Riverside.

See Ya

My Apple Bumpers came today... No reception problems with a left hand grip for me.
smile.gif

Dude you broke your fone on purpose, you can admit it, we all know anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_1774.jpg

</div></div>

Ohh dear....I dont think theres an app for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fate is a funny bitch sometimes.
icon_rolleyes.gif

After blowing you shit earlier in the week for camping out I experienced a small problem while vacationing here in Las Vegas.
After 3 years of flawless service I did this to my original iPhone:
huh.gif

100_1774.jpg

I'm 2500 miles from home and my phone is trashed. But, I know...
There's an Apple Store down the street on the strip so I head on down...

I get there and show them my problem.
They offered to fix my phone for 200.00 OR offer me one of these:

100_1820.jpg

In and out in less than 30 min!!!
It took them longer to transfer data from my phone to the new one or it would have been less.
No standing in line though...

I guess we will both be shaking out the bugs on the new phones after all.

Sucks, I don't have any time to play with the thing.
2-5 No Limit Hold'em awaits. It will have to wait 'till I get back to Riverside.

See Ya
</div></div>

I think half the people I know have done that with their iphones. Crack the screen that is.

A freshly leaked internal document from Sprint indicates that the following cities are slated for 4G upgrades in July.

* Merced, Calif.
* Rochester, New York
* Eugene, Ore.
* Syracuse, New York
* Tri-cities ares of Washington (Kennewick, Richland and Pasco)
* Visalia, Calif.
* Yakima, Wash.

samsung-moment-2-release.jpg

Have u done any research on the 4G system yet..? If not then u should start digging around before u get too excited about it..I'll try to find some of the articles i have been reading about 4G and put the links up..

Found one of them that i read the other day.. It's 4 pages long and the important info are on pages 2 and 3.. Here it is: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/052107-special-focus-4g.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A freshly leaked internal document from Sprint indicates that the following cities are slated for 4G upgrades in July.

* Merced, Calif.
* Rochester, New York
* Eugene, Ore.
* Syracuse, New York
* Tri-cities ares of Washington (Kennewick, Richland and Pasco)
* Visalia, Calif.
* Yakima, Wash.

samsung-moment-2-release.jpg
</div></div>

Who are you banging to get such top secret smart phone intel? Have you shared this with the world?

Follow the link. Near the bottom of the page.... center. See "4G Cities"
http://now.sprint.com/nownetwork/4G/

juicehead,
That article is three years old.????

KYShooter,
The answer you seek is already there. You just need to know how to look for it.
wink.gif

juicehead,
Further research shows that even though the information is three years old, it is still accurate as applied to Sprint.

Sprint is calling WiMAX 4G as a marketing ploy.

WiMAX

The Mobile WiMAX (IEEE 802.16e-2005) mobile wireless broadband access (MWBA) standard is sometimes branded 4G, and offers peak data rates of 128 Mbit/s downlink and 56 Mbit/s uplink over 20 MHz wide channels. The IEEE 802.16m evolution of 802.16e is under development, with the objective to fulfill the IMT-Advanced criteria of 1 Gbit/s for stationary reception and 100 Mbit/s for mobile reception.[5] The world's first commercial mobile WiMAX service was opened by KT in Seoul, South Korea on 30 June 2006.[1]
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Sprint Nextel has announced that it will be using WiMAX, branded as a "4G" network.</span>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

Sweet. lets not argue over phone technology. this sounds like lunch time at the Star Trek convention

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from Apple with 2 iPhone 4's - I camped out last night at 8pm and got home at 10am, so needless to say I am tired as hell and need to get some sleep.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well, I was going to hold off selling my rifle until I really had to, which was 30 days from now if I was still without a job, but I just got a call from the bank and they made me a offer I cant refuse, They wont repo my car if I pay them the last 3 payments that I missed, and they will defer 6 months of payments to give me time to find a job. But only if I pay them the last 3 payment that I missed.
</div></div>

I'm not sure what to think about that.

Good Point Tucker. iPhone over car payments.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad I wasnt the only one that noticed lol.</div></div>

Not much gets by this group....must be our tactical observation skills
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Any</span> cell phone company = ripoff. It just depends on which one works best for you. No company is in it to give people warm fuzzies, they're in it to make money. AT&T blows in my area, and they screwed up my billing to try and milk money out of me too many times. No complaints with Verizon so far, and my wife and I enjoy the hell out of our Droids. Would I have an iPhone through Verizon? Possibly, but I'm super impressed with the Android OS. I think the iPhones are pretty damn slick, and you can't deny that Apple has a way of making their little gadgets sexy. I hope everyone that has an iPhone gets good use out of it, and that they have no problems.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Blackbeery is over.

I guess ATT wsn't enough.Verizon just anounced they will have the Iphone Jan 2011.

apple is taking over the world, its a cult i tell ya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

That is hilarious!

Do they fix the antenna grounding issue?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they fix the antenna grounding issue?</div></div>

Mine has no issue, just a shitty ATT service here in Denver... no matter how I grip it the signal strength doesn't change.

Overhype if you ask me.

With the 3G turned off it works excellent, like a real phone.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they fix the antenna grounding issue? </div></div>
Yes. Use the Apple iPhone 4 Bumper.

Apperantly the antenna issue is not such a big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another reason the iPhone kicks ass...

headphone2.jpg

Banner1.jpg

aluminum case with screws and carbon fiber... suck it android losers

</div></div>

Ok, that is bad ass.... any pics of the carbon fiber backing? Saw nothing on their site.

Frank if you get one, please do a review. I was going with an Otter box, that that looks awesome. If it can provide any screen protection, Im sold.

Tucker is just mad that his mommy wont let him have an iPhone.... dont be to hard on him Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tucker is a Droid fan because it matches his bed sheets
</div></div>

You promised to delete that picture! You PROMISED!

No more sleepovers for you.

And you can keep the ladder!

I'm never going short again! You're all the same!
mad.gif