• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Just got this on Gunbroker. What do you think?

ogonzalez13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Laredo, Texas
I just won a bid on gunbroker.com for a Custom Remington 700 chambered in 30-06. I think the rifle has a McMillan HTG stock? The description listed it as a "synthetic stock" with a 26" barrel and oversized recoil lug. The rifle appears to be in good shape. I hope she is a shooter. I paid $661.00 for it, I think that was a decent deal? here is the link to the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230557061

GBPIC6.jpg

GBPIC5.jpg

GBPIC4.jpg

GBPIC3.jpg

GBPIC2.jpg

GBPIC.jpg

Re: Just got this on Gunbroker. What do you think?

If it turns out to be a shooter, then it was a reasonable price. Any idea how many rounds have been down the tube? You could not piece those parts together today at that price.

Awww Man, what a small world oganzalez13,

Remember a Lew Horton 3" mode 29? That's still my baby,

Nice snag on the rifle btw

Mark

Sgt Henry, I hope you have enjoyed that revolver. How did you like the holster?

I dont know the round count, but the gunstore told me that the bolt had very little wear and the barrel looked nice and shiney with crisp rifling. I guess time will tell.

Looks like a great deal. Figure the action about $350, and the stock about $400 so even without the barrel you did good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great deal. Figure the action about $350, and the stock about $400 so even without the barrel you did good. </div></div>

+1

Damn nice deal, I love those HTG stocks. If its a shooter, put diffe3rent glass/base/rings on it and call it done.

Hiiiiggghhhhhh Coooouuunnnntttrrryyyy Baby!!! Mcmillan stock with a cheap tasco scope. At least their priorities are straight. Sell the scope and buy yourself 30 rounds of ammunition.
wink.gif

Looks like you got a pretty descent deal. That does look like a Mickey. You could probably part that thing out and make a little dough if you wanted to. Congrats and good luck with the new stick!