• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got this on Gunbroker. What do you think?

ogonzalez13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Laredo, Texas
I just won a bid on gunbroker.com for a Custom Remington 700 chambered in 30-06. I think the rifle has a McMillan HTG stock? The description listed it as a "synthetic stock" with a 26" barrel and oversized recoil lug. The rifle appears to be in good shape. I hope she is a shooter. I paid $661.00 for it, I think that was a decent deal? here is the link to the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230557061

GBPIC6.jpg

GBPIC5.jpg

GBPIC4.jpg

GBPIC3.jpg

GBPIC2.jpg

GBPIC.jpg

Re: Just got this on Gunbroker. What do you think?

If it turns out to be a shooter, then it was a reasonable price. Any idea how many rounds have been down the tube? You could not piece those parts together today at that price.

Awww Man, what a small world oganzalez13,

Remember a Lew Horton 3" mode 29? That's still my baby,

Nice snag on the rifle btw

Mark

Sgt Henry, I hope you have enjoyed that revolver. How did you like the holster?

I dont know the round count, but the gunstore told me that the bolt had very little wear and the barrel looked nice and shiney with crisp rifling. I guess time will tell.

Looks like a great deal. Figure the action about $350, and the stock about $400 so even without the barrel you did good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great deal. Figure the action about $350, and the stock about $400 so even without the barrel you did good. </div></div>

+1

Damn nice deal, I love those HTG stocks. If its a shooter, put diffe3rent glass/base/rings on it and call it done.

Hiiiiggghhhhhh Coooouuunnnntttrrryyyy Baby!!! Mcmillan stock with a cheap tasco scope. At least their priorities are straight. Sell the scope and buy yourself 30 rounds of ammunition.
wink.gif

Looks like you got a pretty descent deal. That does look like a Mickey. You could probably part that thing out and make a little dough if you wanted to. Congrats and good luck with the new stick!