• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just had an earthquake

Re: Just had an earthquake

I am in manassas it was a wild 15-20 seconds. My first kinda wild, my dog felt it before i did. He went nuts. No damage.

Wachin the news seems these building's with shoddy construction are the most damaged. Anyone in NVA see the building in Vienna with the gable end brick work fell off. Notice no ply wood, No Gable truss on the end and no tie strapping from brick to wall.

I'm down here in Atlanta and it caused my office to shake enough that we all stopped and went: "umm, am I going crazy or is the building shaking?!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the Mexican building codes any better than Haiti's back then? </div></div>
I stood on the beach in Mexico and watched them mix the cement for a resort hotel with beach sand......you know what salt water does to rebar?

It was interesting watching the whitehouse cam when the quake hit.
Lots of black silhouettes on the roof shuffling around.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/98l9XXuA5Vc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/98l9XXuA5Vc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

This is the first I have ever felt, pretty wild feeling.
I was in Western Albemarle county when it happened. Nothing happened to the building. My wife finally got through to me and said pics had fallen off the wall at our home in Greene County. All about 35-45 miles from Mineral

Not but three hours from ground zero, didn't feel a thing.

Asked a buddy here this evening if he felt it....nope.

Wife at work today didn't either despite some apparent light damage requiring the fire department just up the road from her.

Both the wife and I were hammered with texts from friends up north, New York, asking if we were okay here....apparently they all thought VA fell in a hole or something. One there said his truck was rocking back and forth, he's ten hours from us.

Strange it was felt all that way north and south, but not even a quiver here where we were standing........

7kDXs.jpg

Felt it in Charlotte, lasted about 15 seconds no damage. I'm told it happened in a deep earth fracture known as "Bush's Fault".

Scientists have determined the earthquake affecting Washington, D.C. today was caused by the Founding Fathers simultaneously rolling over in their graves...

Got a little bit down here in Clemson, SC about an hour south of Charlotte. Nothing to shake a stick at though. There is a fault line running down through Charleston, SC that has caused problems in the past.