• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just ordered an ATLAS. Hope it's not just hype!

rescue6

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
Colorado
Well after a lot of reading and videos I just ordered an ATLAS bipod with quick release ADM lever. I was considering the new GG&G XDS2 as I have one of there other bipods an an AR of mine and I like it. But I just decided I would give the ATLAS a try. Cant wait for it to get here and give it a run. Also got the rail for it to attach to and replace the two sling swivel studs at the front of my stock. Is there anything I should watch out for or be aware of. Any tips or tricks.
Thanks

Re: Just ordered an ATLAS. Hope it's not just hype!

Congratulations on a sound buy. You won't be disappointed.

As you have probably seen on previous threads, the bipod will be stiff and take more effort to deploy and swivel than you may have experienced on other bipods. This is normal and will require some adjustment on your part. Once you get used to it you will wonder why it took you so long to buy an Atlas bipod.

Good luck and enjoy.

+2 on the Atlas. You can spend more or less, but you can't buy better. Agree that once you get used to the Atlas, you'll understand all you've watched and read about them. Good choice and welcome to the club!

You are gonna love it. Run atlas on all, but my predator rigs (like long bipods for that). If you are not in love with it, they keep their value well...

Jym

As with everything, each person has their specific preferences when it comes to bipods. However, even in the unlikely event that you don't find the Atlas head and shoulders above any other bipod you may have tried, it's still worth every penny because you've got Kasey and the rest of the team behind their product. In addition to the fact that it is an extremely well-made bipod, you won't find better customer service, period. Good luck with your new bipod!

Sure hope it is as good as everyone says. Only time will tell though. I just did not want another harris. Not nocking them but just wanted something a little more high-tech and with panning capability.

different strokes for different folks...Panning is nice to have. Its the only reason I bought an atlas. I still preffer harris though in 90% of situations.

Once settled in though, the atlas is superior for sure. Not as fast as the harris but better for a hide.

I am happy with mine. If you don't like it you can always sell it for 20 bucks less than you paid for it. Take about an hour and it will be gone.

I finally gave in a few months ago and it's great. It's very solid and the panning makes shooting moving targets easier. I would like to get a couple more eventually.

It's not hype. It's win.

I like my atlas's as well but then again they are the only bipods I have owed. I went straight to the best but still think I might buy a Harris just to compare!!

I have both Harris and Atlas. Two different animals, both work well. For speed, the Harris is quicker to deploy (for me), for laying on the deck ringing steel on a Sunday afternoon, I dig my Atlas. You have chosen wisely.

I have three of them on three different rifles. You will not be disappointed. Congrats on your purchase

I just got one yesterday literally while loading up to go to the range. I threw it on real quick. I use a higher bipod than most (stupid belly), and the Atlas was a little shorter than I would have liked. I had to extend it several notches for my position (not perfectly flat ground). It seems solid, but it isn't noticably different from the Harris in use from the prone. It was a little slower to deploy, but wasn't all that slow. Pretty easy to figure out.

With the legs extended all the way, it actualy seemed to bow more than the Harris. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I did notice it. But I do like the extra positions you can put the Atlas in vs the Harris.

I still have both, and will decide which serves my needs better. Time will tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got one yesterday literally while loading up to go to the range. I threw it on real quick. I use a higher bipod than most (stupid belly), and the Atlas was a little shorter than I would have liked. I had to extend it several notches for my position (not perfectly flat ground). It seems solid, but it isn't noticably different from the Harris in use from the prone. It was a little slower to deploy, but wasn't all that slow. Pretty easy to figure out.

With the legs extended all the way, it actualy seemed to bow more than the Harris. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I did notice it. But I do like the extra positions you can put the Atlas in vs the Harris.

I still have both, and will decide which serves my needs better. Time will tell. </div></div>

The Atlas tension knobs are notorious for being a bit sticky out of the box. Work with it for a bit and experiment with different tensions. Some guys run theirs real loose, some run em tight but you'll feel when you hit that sweet spot.

The "bow" is normal and it's designed that way. It gives the weapon some wiggle room to recoil straight back without disturbing your sight picture instead of jumping or sliding which is where(IMO) it surpasses the Harris.

Mine just came in from midway, it is solid and after paying $450 for a Sako the price being around $250 is a bargain!

I switched back to a harris on all my match guns.
They take WAY to long to deploy during a match.
On the last barricade stage we shot I swore I would never use an Atlas again.
They are great bipods for hunting or target shooting, but in a tac match I prefer the tried & true Harris.

You are gonna love it. Run atlas on all, but my predator rigs (like long bipods for that). If you are not in love with it, they keep their value well...

Shot with it a bit more today. Starting to get used to it and liking it more.

it's not bad. I took it to the field with me for 2 weeks. the screws (non QD) rusted on me. it saw lots of rain and environment on an M4.

serious PITA to deploy and undeploy as well.

I like mine, since I use the 45' position quite often, AND I bought a Larue QD mount to replace the QD that came with them. It only took one time of bloodying my knuckle for that swap.

newbie here. I too just got one and everything feels lose. There is a lot of play in the leg locks. Not the legs themselves but where they rotate and lock front to back. I have shot with some friends atlas bipods and I don't remember them feeling this sloppy. Do I have a rare bad one or is this the norm?

I received the Atlas today. Wow it is nice. I think I am really going to like it. I will be taking it out later this week. Cant wait.

It's not hype , on on my second thanks to this site .

I have an Atlas on an MRAD and it works better than a Harris but is a distant second to the AI bipod I have on my AW. The AI bipod works much more effectively for me in competition than the Atlas. This stated, the Atlas is still a good piece of kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kerrpump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">newbie here. I too just got one and everything feels lose. There is a lot of play in the leg locks. Not the legs themselves but where they rotate and lock front to back. I have shot with some friends atlas bipods and I don't remember them feeling this sloppy. Do I have a rare bad one or is this the norm? </div></div>

That's part of the design. The large knurled knob on the underside of the housing can be used to adjust the tension but the play you feel is so the the weapon can recoil straight back into the shooter and settle back on target instead of hopping up and around. It takes some tinkering to get the tension where it works best for you but it does take some getting used to.

So tempted, does anyone know if Triad ships these internationally?

I just got an Atlas a week or so ago for an evaluation I am doing for a state agency.
It is an EXTREMELY well thought out piece of equipment. It is flawlessly made and vey adaptable to most situations. The LEGO add-ons are a real plus and it gives the user the option of further adapting the bipod to specific surfaces, etc.

All of that said, I am sure there will be those who prefer other products for their purposes. I'm a photographer by trade and will tell you there is no lens or camera that can get it all done in all situations.

The hype is real and probably based on the positives I stated.

Is there anything special needed to mount one?

No hype with the ATLAS.

They are expensive, built like a tank, highly functional and worth every dime.

I own three and have put a short pic rail on almost every rifle I own to include 22s and I bounce the ATLAS around to each one as needed.

I just received one today that I purchased from a fellow hide member. I cant put it on my LTR yet as I'm waiting on my seekins srs rail to show up on tuesday. Initial impressions are excellent though. Cant wait to get it on the rifle and get out to shoot it.