• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KAC Bullet Flight.

Clamber

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Utah, USA
Hey guys, I just got KAC Bullet Flight, and I am new to precision shooting and I need some help with it.

Right now I have 168 grain FGMM .308, and that seems simple enough to use, I just select ".308 rifle with 168 grain".

But what do I when I need to use the app with the 175 grain rounds I ordered from SouthWest?

Thanks

Re: KAC Bullet Flight.

just set up a new bullet profile under the same rifle
smile.gif

Ya what cbass said. The 175s will have a different BC and I imagine the Fps field would be a little different too.

So I go to "new" and create a new one and enter the information of the new round?

So I guess I just need to find the info on these rounds then.

Thanks guys.

Yes. it works MUCH better if you have your personal load info...even if you shoot factory ammo. Your location and atmosphere data will affect factory load stats. Your factory loads may be listed online as 2800fps with a .505 bc...but at your elevation and depending on temperature, you might only be getting 2750.

If your using 175smk's or other bullets that the program comes loaded with...you can just set up a profile using that bullet, and enter either your exact fps results. Or if you dont have access to that info, you can likely get similar or close by using ballistics charts from the bullet mfg. At all costs, use the G7 drag function when possible, and if you have a chrono, use it. If you know someone that has one, borrow theirs.

Just to be clear, elevation plays no factor in determining muzzle velocity. The powder contains its own oxidizer, which is why firearms will fire under water, so oxygen content of the air is irrelevant, as it air density.

Muzzle velocity of one load in one particular firearm is a function only of one external variable - temperature.

Ideally, you need to have a chronograph to determine the specific muzzle velocity that you are achieving with a particularly load from your rifle. Any mfg can specify a specific MV for their ammo, but as with all things, test conditions (including the rifle type, barrel length, etc.) all play into how accurate the mfg listed info is with respect to your setup.