• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

KAC EMC vs. SCAR 17...which one...

Re: KAC EMC vs. SCAR 17...which one...

The scope is a Burris 1.5-6 with ballistic hold(accurate to about 600m....after that you need to start holding over more)
The Gripod is GI issue and if you don't understand the reason it's on there......your an idiot.

ARMALITE AR-10A4 minimal mods:

P1010031.jpg

{marklevinvoice}There!!! I said it!!!{/marklevinvoice}

Enlighten me since I am an idiot as to why that fabulous grip pod is on there. And I still haven't gotten an answer as to why the AR doesn't make a good battle rifle. Likewise would you like to weigh in on 11B-4's thoughts on the scars?

I keep hearing about 1 moa Scars on the internet but have yet to experience it in real life. I have got mine down to 1.33 moa with my reloads and that is 5 shot groups. What I think is happening is people are getting a lucky group rather its 3 or 5 shots under 1 moa and then saying their SCAR is 1 moa rather than going by the average of several 5 or 10 shot groups.
Regardless the SCAR gets the nod for me because I have had bad luck in general with AR10 type guns reliablility. The SCAR out performed the KAC in the miltiary testing and SOCOM adopted it. Thats good enough for me. I would rather have a 1.5 moa gun that works than a 1 moa gun that does not. I am excited about the new heavier barreled precision rifle version of the SCAR that is in the works. I want the barrel.
SCARwithNightforce.jpg

Every M110 trigger issue I saw was from bad shooters not following through and doubling.... The KAC systems are much better than the military Scars I have worked with. I mean come on, the triggers in the AR systems are well proven, it was only when average shooters moved to the heavier 308 did people realize you couldn't get away with poor fundamentals. shooting a 5.56 is much more forgiving.

The Scars has no where near the accuracy or consistency of the KAC and would wander when hot due to that thin barrel. We had one that shift impact 5" at 100 yards.

The M110 was no where near as good as Mk11 or EMC but it's easily 3x better than the Scar.

I love how everyone says the SCAR outperformed the KAC in military testing, that may be true. But it didn't outperform the EMC series SR25s. It outperformed the M110/Mk11 guns that aren't close to the performance of the EMC/ECC series.

I really wish 762gunr would answer my questions and possibly weigh in on 11-B4's comments on the SCAR, or are we just reading and saying we talked to "SF" guys?

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a KAC fanboy... lol

Metal SR25 mag compatible SCAR17 lowers will be available very soon. Not sure if they are up for preorder at Rainier yet, they will be.

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not afraid to admit I'm a KAC fanboy... lol

Metal SR25 mag compatible SCAR17 lowers will be available very soon. Not sure if they are up for preorder at Rainier yet, they will be.

-T </div></div>

I think I saw them on there a week ago for 350.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every M110 trigger issue I saw was from bad shooters not following through and doubling.... The KAC systems are much better than the military Scars I have worked with. I mean come on, the triggers in the AR systems are well proven, it was only when average shooters moved to the heavier 308 did people realize you couldn't get away with poor fundamentals. shooting a 5.56 is much more forgiving.

The Scars has no where near the accuracy or consistency of the KAC and would wander when hot due to that thin barrel. We had one that shift impact 5" at 100 yards.

The M110 was no where near as good as Mk11 or EMC but it's easily 3x better than the Scar. </div></div>

I agree that some novice M110 users were not following through, and instead thought that their guns were going automatic. However some triggers were just plain jacked up. I cant remember the exact issue I had with one, but it wasn't doubling... i believe it was a sear reset issue or something. The triggers were locktighted in (Red locktight) and snipers were instructed not to dick with them. They were sent back to knights for work.

I ended up using an M110 for a couple years and it served me very well. I often hit decent range cold bores with it when many m24 shooters could not. I think they worked the kinks out of it soon after release and since then I haven't heard anything bad about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love how everyone says the SCAR outperformed the KAC in military testing, that may be true. But it didn't outperform the EMC series SR25s. It outperformed the M110/Mk11 guns that aren't close to the performance of the EMC/ECC series.

I really wish 762gunr would answer my questions and possibly weigh in on 11-B4's comments on the SCAR, or are we just reading and saying we talked to "SF" guys?
</div></div>

When i was overseas the SF teams that had scars were not allowed to run them on combat missions since they were in a field T&E. Not to discredit the SCAR completely, lack of excitement over the system was in part due to that. They were essentially range toys. Furthermore, mission op tempo was high enough and duties amongst the A team members demanding enough that even interested individuals didn't find enough time in a 6 month rotation to do a solid or even half assed assessment of the systems. Most sat in their cases.

Also not every SF team had them, I believe while i was in country only one team per SF company had them allotted for T&E.

The biggest downfall in my opinion to that system is the reciprocating charging handle. That is just a plain no go from even the most amateur of soldiers, like myself.

Most people I knew called it the rubbermade gun, just from its plastic looks. Most soldiers like a nice metal gun to rely on. I know this might be a wrongful accusation since most high tech polymers are even more robust in some destructive testing than metal... but alot of people are old school.

Anyway there is a disclaimer, I have never shot a SCAR, and as 7.62 assumed I am an "AR FAG" so take my opinion for what its worth. (relatively worthless?) I have all second hand knowledge. But I would any day rather have a KAC, LMT, OBR type AR10 style rifle over the SCAR.

I would ditch the grip pod though, they are horrendously heavy and I would rather use a backpack or a rock as a bipod as I think it would serve the gun better. The grip pod was some guys/girls idea to get rich, which worked. They were given out to literally everyone overseas.

for what its worth my brother, who is a very shrewd character (shrewd as in cheap) runs a grip pod on his 14.5" carbine. In his defense however, he got it for free. hahahaha

I don't think those to guns are in the same class. I have an EMC/ECC and I've shot it side by side with a scar with Surefire can. I was not impressed with the accuracy, noise, recoil... Anything!! I have to admit I absolutely love my SR25. I've shot and owned just about all 308 carbines and I decided the EMC/ECC was the way to go. Super accurate and reliable. I'm a LEO RangeMaster and Instructor. I don't drag my stuff through the sandbox but I do hunt and shoot the hell out of my guns so that's my 2 cents!!

I tried the SCAR on my last deployment. I didn't care for it. Jammed a lot. Never had an issue with the KAC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep hearing about 1 moa Scars on the internet but have yet to experience it in real life. I have got mine down to 1.33 moa with my reloads and that is 5 shot groups. What I think is happening is people are getting a lucky group rather its 3 or 5 shots under 1 moa and then saying their SCAR is 1 moa rather than going by the average of several 5 or 10 shot groups.
Regardless the SCAR gets the nod for me because I have had bad luck in general with AR10 type guns reliablility. The SCAR out performed the KAC in the miltiary testing and SOCOM adopted it. Thats good enough for me. I would rather have a 1.5 moa gun that works than a 1 moa gun that does not. I am excited about the new heavier barreled precision rifle version of the SCAR that is in the works. I want the barrel.
SCARwithNightforce.jpg
</div></div>

Good post AKpopo, you've got the pics, hands on experience, walking the walk.

My bias metter isn't coming off the peg with your post. I believe you. Thanks.