• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR25 challenge!!!

So there it is. Couldnt afford the real deal so he bought the sams choice version.

Look I can count the amount of seekins rifles deployed to combat zones where SOF have trusted their lives to for the last 30+ years......wait for it......

You should take your KAC with you the next time you deploy.

Thank you for your service.

So there it is. Couldnt afford the real deal so he bought the sams choice version.

Look I can count the amount of seekins rifles deployed to combat zones where SOF have trusted their lives to for the last 30+ years......wait for it......

So let me get this straight!? Me buying a 6.5 CM gasser just so I can do a full report on the Hide to help people out is a bad thing??

Okay internet tough guy let's see what your rolling with??

Reactions: Tokay444
Despite the less than stellar accuracy suggested, I still want one 🤣. And a KAC suppressor too.

Me too. I'd love to own a "deployment kit" of whatever they call that giant case with a 110 setup.
I'll never spend that kind of money on one though. Not a great return for the cost, and I'm not a collector.

lol, i sort of considered it a shit talk thread for the fun of it.
but i am almost a poor so maybe i can't afford the feelings for this.

Agreed mostly.
Mainly ,I guess as I've gotten older my patience with kid shit has dwindled and there are damn few good sites left today imho.
I've read threads here for years, never posted until recently for whatever reason.
Our hmfic is a grumpy fucker for example, but I get it. Herding fucking cats everyday would make you want to stab a mother fucker in the eye with a spoon.

Personally I don't care what people own or like, the shooter makes it work or doesn't. Everything has limitations, and everybody for that matter.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing everyone boast about the accuracy and performance of the KAC SR25, seriously it's an overrated LMT on a diet. From what I have observed here on the hide most of the people who preach about the SR25 accuracy probably don't even own one and the ones who do are too ashamed to post a 6x5 because they know they'd be lucky the average MOA with that $4,500 gift from God rifle.

Now the JP LRP07 has time and time again proven itself on multiple forums and videos to be a consistent .65 or less MOA shooter with unquestionable reliability and performance.

So I'm going to put MY money where my mouth is... The first person that recordes themselves on Target/ Shooter video in real time shooting a 6x5 at 100 yards with a SR25 and averaging .75 MOA or less I'll send them $100.00 via Money order.

Let the Games begin....

I didn't pick up my ACC because I wanted the most accurate 308 gas gun on the market, I bought it because I wanted an incredibly smooth, general purpose 308 gas gun. It does that incredibly well.

In regards to the unquestioned reliability of a JP, that's a little silly, at best its a reliable game rifle with a clamped on adjustable gas systems, its smooth, its accurate, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

That doesn't mean is a bad rifle, but you are essential comparing apples to mini bikes

If I wanted the most accurate rifle possible, I would probably drop a bartlien or Krieger barrel into my MWS.

Agreed mostly.
Mainly ,I guess as I've gotten older my patience with kid shit has dwindled and there are damn few good sites left today imho.
I've read threads here for years, never posted until recently for whatever reason.
Our hmfic is a grumpy fucker for example, but I get it. Herding fucking cats everyday would make you want to stab a mother fucker in the eye with a spoon.

Personally I don't care what people own or like, the shooter makes it work or doesn't. Everything has limitations, and everybody for that matter.
yeah, i just wanna see some videos, dammit.
although i would rather see how fast somebody can shoot 5 shots sub moa than watch grass grow during 30 shots of slow fire bullshit with a gas gun.

Reactions: silentwoods
And for full disclosure,
I own a mod1 kac sr15e3 11.5, cool assed .45 can and nt4.
Trey even sent me a couple of hats personally several years ago because I broke his balls on the previous versions washing out . Still wear one.
But I am not a fanboy, admittedly I like a lot of their stuff though.

I didn't pick up my ACC because I wanted the most accurate 308 gas gun on the market, I bought it because I wanted an incredibly smooth, general purpose 308 gas gun. It does that incredibly well.

In regards to the unquestioned reliability of a JP, that's a little silly, at best its a reliable game rifle with a clamped on adjustable gas systems, its smooth, its accurate, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

That doesn't mean is a bad rifle, but you are essential comparing apples to mini bikes

If I wanted the most accurate rifle possible, I would probably drop a bartlien or Krieger barrel into my MWS.

It wasn't about comparing the two, it's just day in and day out we see nothing but people boasting about the accuracy of their SR25's but never ever do they provide any proof, so I decided to throw a little money down on the table and see what people will do.

S
Tha
yeah, i just wanna see some videos, dammit.
although i would rather see how fast somebody can shoot 5 shots sub moa than watch grass grow during 30 shots of slow fire bullshit with a gas gun.

Absolutely agreed .😎

Where in the fuck did I say or even insinuate that I'm running a JP right now?? I compared the SR25 to the LRP07 because there is endless data proving its capabilities.
I understand you're new here so let me SPLAIN it to you, I've been doing Long Range Precision shooting with Semi's for a long time now. other than Padom there is nobody else who takes as much time to help fellow hide members with their semi auto needs as I do, there's a pretty substantial list of people here on the hide that I've actually done builds for or walked them through step-by-step just to get them on a .5 MOA rifle and all for free.
I have honestly lost track of all the range reports and how to threads that I have done, in fact I just bought a Seekins SP-10 and 6.5 Creedmoor to do a full write-up and range report on just to show people on the Hide what a off the shelf budget-friendly set up can do.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is hits on target.

Been here since 2012. I dont post a ton but I do shoot a lot. I also own a KAC MK11 but do not share the same attitudes as many of the KAC owners in here.

I like the idea of your challenge, I just think it would be more interesting if you would complete it yourself with one of the comparable rifles.

Been here since 2012. I dont post a ton but I do shoot a lot. I also own a KAC MK11 but do not share the same attitudes as many of the KAC owners in here.

I like the idea of your challenge, I just think it would be more interesting if you would complete it yourself with one of the comparable rifles.

I would do that in a heartbeat brother, I love doing range reports. I'm just not going to go drop 5K on a rifle that I already know I wouldn't be happy with. If you know anybody who's willing to let me borrow theirs I'll do it, I'll even spend my own money to do load development to give it the best chance.

Within a month or so I'll have the full range report out on the SP-10, it's not comparable to the SR25 in reliability but if you want me to shoot a 6x5 I'd be more than happy.

Reactions: Mike4837
It wasn't about comparing the two, it's just day in and day out we see nothing but people boasting about the accuracy of their SR25's but never ever do they provide any proof, so I decided to throw a little money down on the table and see what people will do.
i trust this guy. he has more rounds downrange than anyone else i know, and has worked directly with KAC to get a barrel that works with his suppressor.

i trust this guy. he has more rounds downrange than anyone else i know, and has worked directly with KAC to get a barrel that works with his suppressor.

Yeah I read that he did a good job illustrating the difference between the two, even though they are two completely different animals. one thing is for certain my next big purchase is going to be the Scar 20s in 6-5 Creedmoor, I've never really been a fan of the gas piston rifles but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Yeah I read that he did a good job illustrating the difference between the two, even though they are two completely different animals. one thing is for certain my next big purchase is going to be the Scar 20s in 6-5 Creedmoor, I've never really been a fan of the gas piston rifles but I'm willing to give it a shot.
one of the big reasons i bought the scar was the piston system, and knowing it will keep running after hundreds of rounds without slowing down.
if i had opted for a more compact weapon instead of something that would reach out to 1000 yds, i would have chosen the HK MR762. those things are nail guns out to ~900yds, and like the scar, are clean running piston guns.

i had to come up with all sorts of rationalizations to spend that kind of money on a rifle i can't even shoot very often (distance to range).
possibly having to fight zombies pouring over a wall or bridge was the kicker. :LOL:

but like i said, i am practically one of the poors, and this was my choice for one rifle to do everything i could need to defend our lives and freedoms.
i didn't tell my wife about spending another $5k for a scope, case, bipod, rangefinder, rear bag....:ROFLMAO:
/not that she would care or say anything.

anyway, i would gladly let anyone shoot my scar. i think it must be pretty good if i can hit everything i shoot at.
i plan on getting a 6.5CM barrel if i can get out to the range more.

one of the big reasons i bought the scar was the piston system, and knowing it will keep running after hundreds of rounds without slowing down.
if i had opted for a more compact weapon instead of something that would reach out to 1000 yds, i would have chosen the HK MR762. those things are nail guns out to ~900yds, and like the scar, are clean running piston guns.

i had to come up with all sorts of rationalizations to spend that kind of money on a rifle i can't even shoot very often (distance to range).
possibly having to fight zombies pouring over a wall or bridge was the kicker. :LOL:

but like i said, i am practically one of the poors, and this was my choice for one rifle to do everything i could need to defend our lives and freedoms.
i didn't tell my wife about spending another $5k for a scope, case, bipod, rangefinder, rear bag....:ROFLMAO:
/not that she would care or say anything.

anyway, i would gladly let anyone shoot my scar. i think it must be pretty good if i can hit everything i shoot at.
i plan on getting a 6.5CM barrel if i can get out to the range more.

What state are you in?

Weak argument. I've never seen a BCM, SR-15, Noveske, whatever other so claimed "hard use" carbines in use by our military yet I'm always hearing how those are the only rilfes some of the people in this very forum would only stake their life on.

Your Air force so why would you see any ground combat? You CTT or a PJ?

Noveske, BCM and KAC (including SR16's) have been in Combat by US troops going back to the beginning of the WOT. Also alot of Federal agency types and contractors using this gear in the AOR. Hell one of our members here MSTN was doing upper builds for units and guys deploying way back then. I know for a fact he was using Noveske barrels in alot of his builds.

But don't let any of these facts get in the way of a good attempted pile on.

Your Air force so why would you see any ground combat? You CTT or a PJ?

Noveske, BCM and KAC (including SR16's) have been in Combat by US troops going back to the beginning of the WOT. Also alot of Federal agency types and contractors using this gear in the AOR. Hell one of our members here MSTN was doing upper builds for units and guys deploying way back then. I know for a fact he was using Noveske barrels in alot of his builds.

But don't let any of these facts get in the way of a good attempted pile on.
So those are issued weapons? Ive been around plenty of Army Rangers, Green Berets, you name it, and they've always had standard issue weapons.

Edit: I was friends with one of the STS dudes at one of the bases where I was stationed and they had DD Mk18 uppers on their Colt and FN MFA1 lowers but that's STS and they do unit purchases. Definitely wasn't standard issue gear. Didn't see any BCM in their armory.

Last edited:
I’m gonna do it tomorrow with a m110 with an unknown high round count and some random lot of 118. I don’t think it will be sub moa tbh.
Unfortunately the M110 is probably the worst example knight ever made. The Army asked for some really dumb shit and got exactly what they wanted. The KAC mil liaisons spent years trying to get the army to make some PIP changes to that rifle and they had zero interest.

Their commercial guns tend to be much better quality due to updates/product improvements. It really is a constantly evolving system.

Its also disingenuous to compare a rifle where reliability/durability was the most important attributes, against guns that never live outside of a climate controlled safe or case other than to lay down on a mat on a square range. When you take into consideration everything, they are more than accurate for what you get.

Reactions: aku and theLBC
It’s not disingenuous of me to do the test, and I’m not comparing it to any other gun unless I feel like shooting my predatobr along side. It will be a decent picture of what a decent gas gun shooter can do with a gun that is probably middle of the pack in terms of usage and wear for a issued gun. It’s gonna be fun but it’s not going to “prove” anything either way.

I’d encourage anyone to try the test, if only for the discipline of actually shooting a good 6x5.

I may try to do it next week with my poor mans Sam's Choice Great Value SP10, I feel like for certain I can do it with my .308 just got the 6.5 though out today and me and it are not on great terms yet.

Reactions: Mike4837
Sorry I was not saying you were disingenuous, it's the whole premise of this dumb ass thread. Little dick Poor's looking for reasons to justify their inferior products, which most are poor imitations of the real thing.

What proof do you have that he can't afford a KAC?

These elitist attitudes need to go kick rocks

Just like I got called out above for my savage and cheap scope lol......yet no response about the results from effective usage

Just because I have a savage with an Athlon scope doesn't mean I don't have the funds sitting accounts to buy SEVERAL AXMC's but have not pulled the trigger and see better opportunities to utilize funds....

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Sorry I was not saying you were disingenuous, it's the whole premise of this dumb ass thread. Little dick Poor's looking for reasons to justify their inferior products, which most are poor imitations of the real thing.
You know my son likes to buy Air Jordans, the difference is he doesnt think he is Michael Jordan. Well that and the fact his branding just cost $200

Just like I got called out above for my savage and cheap scope lol......yet no response about the results from effective usage

Just because I have a savage with an Athlon scope doesn't mean I don't have the funds sitting accounts to buy SEVERAL AXMC's but have not pulled the trigger and see better opportunities to utilize funds....

Because nobody gives a fuck about what you did with your salvage.

So...this one time while I'm on patrol, it's about 3am...well after the bar close. I see this car alone in the middle of this parking lot. Not uncommon to catch teens there making out...married couples using it as their affair rendezvous point. But it's weird to see just one car there this late. Usually just a spot light and "move along". I go to spotlight the car and it is rocking something fierce. And through the window I can see this middle-aged dude just taking another middle-aged dude to pound town...hardcore...like no mercy hardcore

....And that was the gayest fucking thing I had ever witnessed until I read this purse-fight of a thread.

Last edited:
Its also disingenuous to compare a rifle where reliability/durability was the most important attributes, against guns that never live outside of a climate controlled safe or case other than to lay down on a mat on a square range. When you take into consideration everything, they are more than accurate for what you get.

can't comment on the rest, since i have no idea...but i think this part is important.

whether a 1% increase in potential reliability is worth a $3-4k premium is the question for many, but not everyone.
some people have so much spendable money they get what they want and not just what they require.
i wouldn't expect the "most accurate" results from a CL CHF barrel. i paid for something that could take combat type abuse.
i would guess the mk11 clone might have a hammer forged obermeyer barrel and also may not have the most potential, accuracy wise.

*disclaimer.
I must admit that one justification i used for buying an expensive gun was a reputation for being easy to shoot well and keep on target for follow up shots.
basically i paid money to make up for the fact i might suck. somebody is going to have to let me shoot their gun to find out if i got ripped off. :p
all i can say is if i suck, it doesn't seem to matter behind my scar 20s.

Last edited:
If utmost reliability is their only claim to fame, why aren’t they AKs?

Reactions: lash
Because nobody gives a fuck about what you did with your salvage.
I do.
Actually using something outside of perfect conditions count's more that typing bullshit on the internet.
He scored more points with his one post than all of yours sadly.

And you can flame away at me all you want, won't matter a bit.

Shit gets old doesn't it? I have a paid off mortgage, paid off truck, paid off car for my wife, no credit card debt, make ok money, a wife that makes more money than I do, no kids, but get called a poor because I don't see the value in paying $5k plus for a rifle that literally doesn't do anything more than what I can put together myself. Unless someone can tell me the difference in what KAC's barrel with a gas tube that directs gas to a BCG that's all held together with an aluminum receiver set compared to what I can get from a multitude of quality manufacturers I'd never see the reason to buy one. It ain't 2002 anymore and KAC ain't the only company making advancements in reliability and accuracy. Their prices are way too much for what you get and it has absolutely nothing to do with being poor.

Just dont google Blue Waffle.

csb
one of my jobs was being admin for content filtering (web and email) at work. basically i had to configure rules for what was allowed.
somebody called the helpdesk and wanted to know why her email was blocked, and they had to escalate to my team.
turns out the word "fisting" was in the lexicon the company adopted and she had written about her friend double-fisting beers at the bar.
so now she is on the phone asking (me) why her email was rejected. lololol.
this is work, so i have to be delicate.
i tell her there is a term regarding drinking that is not allowed.
"what word?"
comes after "double".
waits for her to reread her email....
"fisting?!"
yes
"what's wrong with fisting?!"
i'm sorry karen, i can't really explain. it is a slang term.
"should i look it up?"
the answer you want would be blocked.
"so should i look it up when i get home?"
i am not suggesting that, no.

i have no idea if she looked it up, but she stopped using that word.
/csb

If utmost reliability is their only claim to fame, why aren’t they AKs?

Only inbred uncle Eddie's think AKs are more reliable than ARs.

Is this where you get your gun information from....

Attachments

• fd60ef1d6da19214c64c4d84d23311d2_w200.gif
    fd60ef1d6da19214c64c4d84d23311d2_w200.gif
    275.9 KB · Views: 57
I do.
Actually using something outside of perfect conditions count's more that typing bullshit on the internet.
He scored more points with his one post than all of yours sadly.

And you can flame away at me all you want, won't matter a bit.

Here ya go....

Flame away? NAH.....killing time for the couple times a year visiting mother...Drinking, meds and internet laughs.
Lighten up its just fucking internet entertainment..

Anyone can be anything they want on the internet. Some even choose to KAC owners.

• Haha
Reactions: bigjake83
And your brokeback buddy spends his time and money trying to convince everyone his Samschoice specials are equal to SR25s..

I would prefer to see a "SR-25 1000 round suppressed without cleaning " challenge then any type of accuracy challenge since that's what seems to be what all the hype is on this forum. I've fired about 200 rounds through one of my rifles in a day all suppressed without any malfunctions but that bitch was dirty as hell afterwards and my shoulder was a little tender.

Reactions: GhostFace
I have a new SR25 ACC with a 1-8 ATACR on it. I don’t know if I can really do groups with it at the moment since that larger than average center dot on the ATACR is not really ideal for 100yd groups.

I paid 4k for the gun new and it had a new MAMS brake on it. So I thought it was a good deal. I also have a LMT MWS.

The SR25 is more accurate than the MWS but if you fire 5 or more rounds rapidly, groups will start to open a little with the heat. The ACC test target is a .8 from the factory. Totally new shooter to long range shooting, hitting steel every time at 800yds

Last edited: