KAC SR25 challenge!!!

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
No I’m not going to video it. I’ll show the targets, you can believe it or not, I don’t care either way.
no offense meant at all! i would trust you totally, but it is required for the money (i think).

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
i'm was hoping for vids so i am going to take one for the team and post a miss with my over-priced elitist gun. :oops:

so flame away if you must, but please include a video showing your superior shooting and video taking skills. 📹

sorry about the quality
first time trying to record with my cellphone through the spotting scope
i think i was fighting the auto focus on the camera. duh.
cheap tripod was tragic, poa was moving every time i tried to tighten it.

FN SCAR® 20S**
Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44
Surefire – MB762SSAL/RE brake
Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 bipod
3D ELR rear bag
**Limited Edition, and fuck yeah i shoot it. i don't buy guns as an investment (or rolex watches). :rolleyes:

609 yards with 168gr FGMM - 4/5
little gust but maybe should have waited for target to stop swinging.
i was hitting them every time, until i finally tried to take video for the last 5 rounds of fgmm. 😖

I gave up on the bigger tripod and used a little pocket sized tripod sitting on a table and tried again after running out of fgmm.

426 yards with 145gr M80 ball (PPU) - 10/10
not trying for a tight group as much as keeping a steady rate of fire (rapid fire verboten)
i took a couple shots high because i was having a hard time seeing hits after a few shots in the same area through the scope.
one "flyer" low that i assume was me but i wasn't paying enough attention to know what i did on that one.
i need practice following my shots through my scope. will try everything frank suggests next time.

LRRPF52

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 13, 2012
SLC, Utah
A guy brought a 20" more modern SR25 to one of my courses. I was checking my 1000yd impacts with a 17.6" 6.5 Grendel (8"x4" 6 rounds) and his group with either 175s or 178gr Hornady looked to be 5" (5rds). This was at 6600ft elevation down at North Springs.

He had that barrel dimpled too by whatever shop specializes in dimpling SR25 pipes to look like KAC did it. Sample size of one and all, take it for what it's worth.

ShaoKahn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2019
Just imagine, in 15-20 years those $5,000-$6,000 sr-25s and $10-$12,000 mk12s won’t be worth jack crap.....

But my Rolex watches will be worth 2-3 times what I paid.

You’re stupid in the head if you spent $8,000 on a SR-25 /optic/ can package just to post on an online forum photo thread.

Thrilla
Who bought an SR-25 just to post on a forum? Me thinks you’re projecting. Is that what you do in watch forums? And if you think an SR-25 won’t be worth jack squat in the future, you’re smoking some bad crack rock.

And stop with the Rolex nonsense. Generally Subs, GMTs and Daytonas are the ones that do well, but value is EXTREMELY volatile in the grey market. Overall Rolex holds their value well, but shouldn‘t be looked at as an investment. There are MUCH better investment options than watches.

This is a firearm forum, and you have firearm enthusiast here. No one wants to hear about your bs watch nonsense. Go take that to your watch forum.

FYI, Patek for the win. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MPD142

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 13, 2007
PNW
Not many threads will make me read through 9 pages.

All in all, very interesting.

I had no idea there are so many wannabe's out there. I have always assumed people can back up their claims.

I gotta say, if you talk the walk... then back it up to the best of your ability.
No one will look down on anyone trying their best.

And FWIW, we all know 6x5 3/4" groups is a tough thing to do. Lol, if it was easy... we could all do it .

Looking forward to more results... and I now feel like giving it a try with my "Poor"s PSA w/ 6.5CM Criterion barreled upper.

Reactions: bigjake83

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
I had no idea there are so many wannabe's out there. I have always assumed people can back up their claims.

I gotta say, if you talk the walk... then back it up to the best of your ability.
No one will look down on anyone trying their best.

And FWIW, we all know 6x5 3/4" groups is a tough thing to do. Lol, if it was easy... we could all do it .

Looking forward to more results... and I now feel like giving it a try with my "Poor"s PSA w/ 6.5CM Criterion barreled upper.
:LOL:
that' why i posted up some shitty videos. i figured folks might not be afraid to post something if there was already somebody worse.
if i had a KAC and thought i could shoot that good, i would do it on video, but i wouldn't give myself more than 15 seconds for each x5.
i don't want to watch a 1/2hr video to see 30 shots.

Reactions: bfoosh006

Fenix Mike

Belligerents
Aug 19, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Wind sucked today. Target broke in half and my nice pop up blew off into the atmosphere before landing and bending into oblivion. Still got a bunch of 1 moa groups but nothing brag worthy. To top it off, I forgot a mag for my scar, so I couldn’t show how much more awesome they are. Total fail for today.
And I hate New Mexico. A lot.

__JR__

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Wind sucked today. Target broke in half and my nice pop up blew off into the atmosphere before landing and bending into oblivion. Still got a bunch of 1 moa groups but nothing brag worthy. To top it off, I forgot a mag for my scar, so I couldn’t show how much more awesome they are. Total fail for today.
And I hate New Mexico. A lot.
Grew up wind reading in Sodak. teachable moments.

Three57

Private
Belligerents
Sep 29, 2012
Utah
I am late seeing this thread. It took me some time to read through all the pages, definitely worth it though, I had some good laughs.
I have an SR25, I will be doing a 6X5, but it's going to take some time. I've been want to work up a new load and this thread is going to make that happen sooner than later. I doubt I will record it, a 6X5 takes some time and nobody wants to watch that.
I talked my buddy with an LWRC REPR in to doing it also.

Reactions: sleeplz

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Belligerents
Mar 22, 2017
FL
I wish there was a centralized place to get real world groups for all the main big bore gassers. SR-25, SCAR, LMT, OBR, LRP-07, GAP-10, etc.... Instead we have to scour the internet for a few reliable sources and take everyone else's word that all of their guns are one hole guns.....
Someone should make a sticky with all of that in it. I would but... well, I'm lazy.

theLBC

Shiftless
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
I wish there was a centralized place to get real world groups for all the main big bore gassers. SR-25, SCAR, LMT, OBR, LRP-07, GAP-10, etc.... Instead we have to scour the internet for a few reliable sources and take everyone else's word that all of their guns are one hole guns.....
Someone should make a sticky with all of that in it. I would but... well, I'm lazy.
this thread is a good start.

Reactions: Bakwa

KimberGuy

Not a FNG
Belligerents
Nov 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I’ve got a spreadsheet going that tracks commercial ammo through all sorts of SR25 from multiple shooters.

sleeplz

Private
Belligerents
May 12, 2017
In one of franks last podcast he kinda talks about knights rifles for a bit. In my limited experience I was never impressed by our m110s, but if people want to pay for R&D than spend away.

Crosshairs6

Master Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 8, 2010
Northern Idaho USA
I carried a Knights Armament SR25 MK11 MOD O when I worked Iraq for 3 years as a long gunner. Pictured below. I relied on this rifle many times in the desert. I did not like the Leupold trash glass on the issue rifles but made them work. Once home, I dropped my money on an new SR25 Enhanced Rifle with a
Nightforce 4-16X X42MM, Really nice set and shoots great. (pictured below)
Personally, I recommend buying whatever you can afford and gives you confidence. Make your own choice and answer to nobody but yourself. That is what makes America great. Freedom to choose what you like and as you become proficient, you get confidence. You can own a rifle but are you truly proficient with it? That is something you alone have to prioritize and work out a plan to become proficient. Regardless of what you paid for it, if you have not mastered shooting and become confident with your rifle to take it a any situation, its a waste of money.. and could very well waste a life..
The SR25 is a great multiple target, multiple engagement platform. If I'm on a roof in Baghdad, I want a semi auto like the SR25. If I was supporting door-kickers on an in-extremist hostage rescue mission, then I would use a bolt gun. Different tools for the mission. I will shoot tighter groups with my M40A1. But when the hordes are coming over the hill, give me my SR25.

Crosshairs6
Master Sergeant
USMC Retired 0369/8541

Attachments

Last edited:

RyanScott

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 14, 2005
Houston
A 1 minute gas gun doesn’t shoot like dogfuck, that’s solid accuracy in the real world. Is more better? Yes, if you can get it without making trades you don’t want to make.

That said my Seekins rifle arrived at the dealer yesterday.