• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR25 challenge!!!

No I’m not going to video it. I’ll show the targets, you can believe it or not, I don’t care either way.
no offense meant at all! i would trust you totally, but it is required for the money (i think).

i'm was hoping for vids so i am going to take one for the team and post a miss with my over-priced elitist gun. :oops:

so flame away if you must, but please include a video showing your superior shooting and video taking skills. 📹

sorry about the quality
first time trying to record with my cellphone through the spotting scope
i think i was fighting the auto focus on the camera. duh.
cheap tripod was tragic, poa was moving every time i tried to tighten it.

FN SCAR® 20S**
Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44
Surefire – MB762SSAL/RE brake
Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 bipod
3D ELR rear bag
**Limited Edition, and fuck yeah i shoot it. i don't buy guns as an investment (or rolex watches). :rolleyes:

609 yards with 168gr FGMM - 4/5
little gust but maybe should have waited for target to stop swinging.
i was hitting them every time, until i finally tried to take video for the last 5 rounds of fgmm. 😖

I gave up on the bigger tripod and used a little pocket sized tripod sitting on a table and tried again after running out of fgmm.

426 yards with 145gr M80 ball (PPU) - 10/10
not trying for a tight group as much as keeping a steady rate of fire (rapid fire verboten)
i took a couple shots high because i was having a hard time seeing hits after a few shots in the same area through the scope.
one "flyer" low that i assume was me but i wasn't paying enough attention to know what i did on that one.
i need practice following my shots through my scope. will try everything frank suggests next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTrauma
A guy brought a 20" more modern SR25 to one of my courses. I was checking my 1000yd impacts with a 17.6" 6.5 Grendel (8"x4" 6 rounds) and his group with either 175s or 178gr Hornady looked to be 5" (5rds). This was at 6600ft elevation down at North Springs.

He had that barrel dimpled too by whatever shop specializes in dimpling SR25 pipes to look like KAC did it. Sample size of one and all, take it for what it's worth.

Just imagine, in 15-20 years those $5,000-$6,000 sr-25s and $10-$12,000 mk12s won’t be worth jack crap.....

But my Rolex watches will be worth 2-3 times what I paid.

You’re stupid in the head if you spent $8,000 on a SR-25 /optic/ can package just to post on an online forum photo thread.

Thrilla

Who bought an SR-25 just to post on a forum? Me thinks you’re projecting. Is that what you do in watch forums? And if you think an SR-25 won’t be worth jack squat in the future, you’re smoking some bad crack rock.

And stop with the Rolex nonsense. Generally Subs, GMTs and Daytonas are the ones that do well, but value is EXTREMELY volatile in the grey market. Overall Rolex holds their value well, but shouldn‘t be looked at as an investment. There are MUCH better investment options than watches.

This is a firearm forum, and you have firearm enthusiast here. No one wants to hear about your bs watch nonsense. Go take that to your watch forum.

FYI, Patek for the win. ;)

Last edited:
Not many threads will make me read through 9 pages.

All in all, very interesting.

I had no idea there are so many wannabe's out there. I have always assumed people can back up their claims.

I gotta say, if you talk the walk... then back it up to the best of your ability.
No one will look down on anyone trying their best.

And FWIW, we all know 6x5 3/4" groups is a tough thing to do. Lol, if it was easy... we could all do it .

Looking forward to more results... and I now feel like giving it a try with my "Poor"s PSA w/ 6.5CM Criterion barreled upper.

I had no idea there are so many wannabe's out there. I have always assumed people can back up their claims.

I gotta say, if you talk the walk... then back it up to the best of your ability.
No one will look down on anyone trying their best.

And FWIW, we all know 6x5 3/4" groups is a tough thing to do. Lol, if it was easy... we could all do it .

Looking forward to more results... and I now feel like giving it a try with my "Poor"s PSA w/ 6.5CM Criterion barreled upper.

:LOL:
that' why i posted up some shitty videos. i figured folks might not be afraid to post something if there was already somebody worse.
if i had a KAC and thought i could shoot that good, i would do it on video, but i wouldn't give myself more than 15 seconds for each x5.
i don't want to watch a 1/2hr video to see 30 shots.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Wind sucked today. Target broke in half and my nice pop up blew off into the atmosphere before landing and bending into oblivion. Still got a bunch of 1 moa groups but nothing brag worthy. To top it off, I forgot a mag for my scar, so I couldn’t show how much more awesome they are. Total fail for today.
And I hate New Mexico. A lot.

Wind sucked today. Target broke in half and my nice pop up blew off into the atmosphere before landing and bending into oblivion. Still got a bunch of 1 moa groups but nothing brag worthy. To top it off, I forgot a mag for my scar, so I couldn’t show how much more awesome they are. Total fail for today.
And I hate New Mexico. A lot.
Grew up wind reading in Sodak. teachable moments.

I am late seeing this thread. It took me some time to read through all the pages, definitely worth it though, I had some good laughs.
I have an SR25, I will be doing a 6X5, but it's going to take some time. I've been want to work up a new load and this thread is going to make that happen sooner than later. I doubt I will record it, a 6X5 takes some time and nobody wants to watch that.
I talked my buddy with an LWRC REPR in to doing it also.

Reactions: sleeplz
I wish there was a centralized place to get real world groups for all the main big bore gassers. SR-25, SCAR, LMT, OBR, LRP-07, GAP-10, etc.... Instead we have to scour the internet for a few reliable sources and take everyone else's word that all of their guns are one hole guns.....
Someone should make a sticky with all of that in it. I would but... well, I'm lazy.

I wish there was a centralized place to get real world groups for all the main big bore gassers. SR-25, SCAR, LMT, OBR, LRP-07, GAP-10, etc.... Instead we have to scour the internet for a few reliable sources and take everyone else's word that all of their guns are one hole guns.....
Someone should make a sticky with all of that in it. I would but... well, I'm lazy.
this thread is a good start.

Reactions: Bakwa

I’ve got a spreadsheet going that tracks commercial ammo through all sorts of SR25 from multiple shooters.

In one of franks last podcast he kinda talks about knights rifles for a bit. In my limited experience I was never impressed by our m110s, but if people want to pay for R&D than spend away.

Reactions: reubenski
I carried a Knights Armament SR25 MK11 MOD O when I worked Iraq for 3 years as a long gunner. Pictured below. I relied on this rifle many times in the desert. I did not like the Leupold trash glass on the issue rifles but made them work. Once home, I dropped my money on an new SR25 Enhanced Rifle with a
Nightforce 4-16X X42MM, Really nice set and shoots great. (pictured below)
Personally, I recommend buying whatever you can afford and gives you confidence. Make your own choice and answer to nobody but yourself. That is what makes America great. Freedom to choose what you like and as you become proficient, you get confidence. You can own a rifle but are you truly proficient with it? That is something you alone have to prioritize and work out a plan to become proficient. Regardless of what you paid for it, if you have not mastered shooting and become confident with your rifle to take it a any situation, its a waste of money.. and could very well waste a life..
The SR25 is a great multiple target, multiple engagement platform. If I'm on a roof in Baghdad, I want a semi auto like the SR25. If I was supporting door-kickers on an in-extremist hostage rescue mission, then I would use a bolt gun. Different tools for the mission. I will shoot tighter groups with my M40A1. But when the hordes are coming over the hill, give me my SR25.

Crosshairs6
Master Sergeant
USMC Retired 0369/8541

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 20180222_141429.jpg
    20180222_141429.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Is it all these KAC rifles that shoot like dogfuck...the guys pulling the trigger....or both?

Not sure where or why the hatred for the KAC SR25 is from and not that I even care. What I do know is my Knights SR-25 RAS Match with my 168gr SMK hand-loads has never had trouble printing .5-.75" groups. Scream, cry, rant, rave whatever, fact is it shoots insanely good groups. Bought it just before they announced ending sales to civilian market when they got the military SASS contract. Standing on a soap box yelling they suck and how your DPMS is just as good impresses no one. You sound more like the guy who shows up at a sniper match with Savage 110 telling all of us running a AI platform we wasted our money. People who can afford to drop big $$ on high end rifles don't care what someone else thinks. You didn't buy it, you didn't earn the money, go whine elsewhere.

.658 Average.

SR-25 6.5 Creed 22”
Kahles K318i
Berger 130 AR-H at 2775

Barrel was clean/cold at the start. Neglected to tighten the suppressor collar after the first group, it got a little loose on the 2nd and 3rd groups. Tightened it up and it went back to shooting like it should. If I wouldn’t have neglected to do that it would be closer to .5, which is what is usually does.

How do I claim my $100?

4E294EEB-F535-460A-91C8-D80298EBE3A1.jpeg
7029F6A3-05E8-404C-AD03-4DF9151BE22F.jpg
6F3E9007-959A-45E1-BCEC-77D906DE5AF6.jpg
AE850CD0-3C73-4D85-B0A4-3E59BAF626B6.jpg
4571AC21-585A-4AC5-97C2-5BE81D7FF4D5.jpg
4F410629-D7FF-463F-AFA0-F67E59B0AB57.jpg
45D2F936-E502-4722-8B58-53FAAB6B8EE5.jpg
946F1C0C-2483-4C7F-ABD4-4D4320E5F447.jpeg

Good shooting, I think you were suppose to record your efforts.

.658 Average.

SR-25 6.5 Creed 22”
Kahles K318i
Berger 130 AR-H at 2775

Barrel was clean/cold at the start. Neglected to tighten the suppressor collar after the first group, it got a little loose on the 2nd and 3rd groups. Tightened it up and it went back to shooting like it should. If I wouldn’t have neglected to do that it would be closer to .5, which is what is usually does.

How do I claim my $100?

View attachment 7342882View attachment 7342883View attachment 7342884View attachment 7342885View attachment 7342886View attachment 7342887View attachment 7342888View attachment 7342889

Good shooting Brother!! And congrats
Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get your Money Order out to you.

Whats the rebarreling process like for the KAC 6.5 uppers? I'd probably shoot one out in a year or two and wouldnt want to deal with months of shipping it back and waiting on KAC.

Whats the rebarreling process like for the KAC 6.5 uppers? I'd probably shoot one out in a year or two and wouldnt want to deal with months of shipping it back and waiting on KAC.

I'm not sure about the KAC Large Frame Barrel extensions but if they are proprietary to your bolt just send the old shotout Barrel to whoever you want to make your new barrel and they will cannibalize the extension off your old Barrel for the new one.

I don’t shoot a savage at the moment but have before and would again. I own a couple athlons now.

is that how I sound?

View attachment 7332277
View attachment 7332281
View attachment 7332282
View attachment 7332283
View attachment 7332284
View attachment 7332285
b6373314-995d-4a2e-b269-f986d300a6e6-jpeg.7332286

View attachment 7332287

This is a sampling. I work 50-60 hours a week at a high performing occupation. Nobody has ever had to tell me to “do better”. I am not a liberal and I am not a “poor” but I am “blessed”. A man should work hard and want to achieve, but who gave you a healthy body and a strong mind to achieve with?

I can and do shoot whatever I feel like, but I would NEVER shame somebody for bringing the best they can afford to the sport I love. Savage, mossberg, Stoeger, Charles Daly, whatever, let’s just have some fun and hang out.
The ATF and Joe Biden thank you for this post. My firearms and NFA items were all miraculously lost in the ocean when I went deep sea fishing before Election Day.

And Yes, I always take my entire collection of firearms, ammo and NFA items fishing with me.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty D
KAC provides full support for all of their products. They will rebarrel it for you at a reasonable cost. Just send it back to them. Mine took a couple weeks.

So a mod1 lpr dimple barreled rifle the same weight as the 14.5” would be perfect!
The mod one LPR was only the most accurate because it had a heavier profile Krieger barrel and was easier to shoot accurately. Even if you had the mod1 barrel dimpled it would not be the same weight as 14.5

From what I understand the only reason the 14.5" is more accurate than the 16" they both utilize the same gas length system and the shorter barrel is obviously more rigid and may have improved barrel harmonics.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Just finished going through this thread. Jesus - nine pages of KAC guys whining and running their mouth before one guy actually steps up to take the challenge. Congratulations KimberGuy, that's great shooting. And kudos to BigJake for throwing down this challenge.

(That's not to bash KAC. They make very reliable, well made and soft shooting guns. It just looks like if you're going for accuracy there are better choices.)

And just curious about the video of guy shooting a plate at 400 yards. It's tough to tell because no other objects in video I can use as a frame of reference - but it looks like that plate is about 2'x2'. Always wondered about guys who claim to be able to hit steel plates at will from 400 with their AR's. Never seem to mention talk how big the plates are. I mean, if they're the size of garage doors, that's not all that impressive. :)

Actually it was 6K there faggot..
Im really late to this but it seems this 'individual' needs to prop up his weak ass by continually using insulting terms like 'faggot' rather than stepping up to the plate. In grade school we had a saying..."He who smelt it, dealt it."

Reactions: tacops1
ok - i got 2 jp lrp-07 (6cm and a 6.5cm) and just picked up a SR25 ACC. My 6CM LRP-07 groups like .3 with 108 H factory, the ACC came with a target of .8 .... yeah it aint going to touch the JPs.

Im really late to this but it seems this 'individual' needs to prop up his weak ass by continually using insulting terms like 'faggot' rather than stepping up to the plate. In grade school we had a saying..."He who smelt it, dealt it."
Pretty much......

I think at this point we'd all love to know:
-if he ever even tried
-what the results were
-how much money he spent trying but never got close

I've still never seen any hunting photos much less videos from him.....regardless of distance.

Dude is THE definition of Keyboard Warrior

• Haha
Reactions: tacops1 and Maggot
I be cool with 900 and under with a 16.5” barrel pretty Impressive reviews

How come no one is talking LWRC in here ?
My LWRC CSASS (actual CSASS edition vs REPR MK2) was a 2 MOA gun on a good day. Beautifully built, but didn't run very well. Had to send it in with cycling issues and just got tired of it. Sold it at a huge loss and kept the LMT. I just shot a 6x5 the other day with it, but haven't measured the groups. Most were sub MOA, and I think one might even had been .5
I wish I could afford an SR25, and if the opportunity presents itself I might, but in the meantime, my poverty-KAC is my LMT.