• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC USMC M110 Carbine

scatsob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2005
Jacksonville, NC
Even after finishing up my M40A3 build I was able to convince the CO to let me buy one more rifle. I have wanted an SR25 for some time and after getting to hold the carbines in the MARSOC armory here I decided to clone one. I purchased an SR25 EC on Wednesday from Lawmen's and it is at Boltcarrier.com right now for disassembly and FDE cerakoting by Rampart Gunworks. The barrel will be heading to Marvin Pitts for ball mill dimpling. To top it off I will be having a MAMS brake installed. The MAMS is not technically correct but I hear it the gnats ass for muzzle control.

For the nitpickers, I know I could just get an ECC and coat it and be done, but even spending the money to do this to an EC I won't have nearly as much into to to make up the cost difference and ECC's and basically unavailable and probably won't ever be available again after all the backorder are filled.

Below is roughly what it will look like when completed.

So did you fire one of them from the MARSOC armory?

Looks like a great gun! We didn't have any of that cool stuff when I was in the suck, hell, didn't even have MARSOC. I knew Colonel Bob Coates when he was still a Captain.

I wish :). I have just gotten to fondle them when I can make it down to the armory where my neighbor is the armory officer. I am at a Navy shore billet at the moment, far far removed from any shooting other than personal.

So did you fire one of them from the MARSOC armory?

Looks like a great gun! We didn't have any of that cool stuff when I was in the suck, hell, didn't even have MARSOC. I knew Colonel Bob Coates when he was still a Captain.

Nice scatsob! God damn I love those rigs. Per Kevin @ KAC the SR25 version of the URX 4 should be available as a stand alone upgrade by the end of the year. Maybe you can get some early XMAS ideas to the CO for when that puppy comes around! Congrats on the beautiful rifle! What optic are you planning on topping it off with?

As of now it will not have a dedicated scope. For leisure shooting I will use the S&B 3-12 off my M40A3 and for DMR matches the Mk6 1-6 off my 3-gun AR. I really want to get a Mk6 3-18 with the H59 and M5C2 (the low turrets) but I am dumping all my available funds into an M40A1 build at the moment. Maybe in a year or two.

Last edited:
That would be a fantastic set up. I've got the exact MK 6 on my 308. I honestly don't think there's a better combo out there sans the S&B Ultra Short with H59.

I had the chance to put 20 rounds down an ECC with MAMS at a silencer shoot in TX not long ago - 10 suppressed, 10 non-suppressed - and I can attest to it being extremely effective. Almost to the point of silly when shooting 145 gr FMJs with a 7.62 QDC. It's something I'm certainly willing to wait a year and a half for!

holy crap that's a $4500 scope. I also just checked and the H59 in the 3-18 only comes in the B2 turrets :(. Maybe in a year they will offer it in with the low turrets. If it comes to it ill just get the TMR.

They have the MK 6 with H59 and the M5C2 turrets, it's just offered as part of the DAGR config at the moment (which is also $4k+). I got mine at a pawn shop outside of Ft. Bragg that sells a bunch of mil demo units. Still paid $2800 for it though. Shouldn't be long before it's offered outside of the DAGR set up. Hopefully...

Got the new gun back and couldn't be happier. The work by Ayan and Mike of Rampart is top notch. The rifle handles great and is much lighter than I was expecting it to feel. I haven't weighed it yet but will in the coming week. Here it is with the 1-6 from the three gun AR that it will wear if I decide to shoot in the heavy class with it.

Nice rifle!

But when I see a 45º BUIS mounted like in the original post picture, I wonder why use a 200-600 m marked rear sight, that is not regulated for 308, and that needs a specific eye relief and rear-front sight radius to work in anything other than one setting.

Nice rifle!

But when I see a 45º BUIS mounted like in the original post picture, I wonder why use a 200-600 m marked rear sight, that is not regulated for 308, and that needs a specific eye relief and rear-front sight radius to work in anything other than one setting.
I have the 45 degree offsets that came with my ECC, and agree that the 200-600m rear sight was an odd choice. I can't picture having an optic mounted (a Mk6 3-18 H58 in my case) and using the irons for anything other than up close. I've just decided to use them as a CQB sight, and ignoring the BDC function.

FYI- the aperture has an insert in it that can be removed, and it opens the diameter up quite a bit. I zero'd with the aperture in, and then removed and stored it. The sights are much faster with it out.

I have the 45 degree offsets that came with my ECC, and agree that the 200-600m rear sight was an odd choice. I can't picture having an optic mounted (a Mk6 3-18 H58 in my case) and using the irons for anything other than up close. I've just decided to use them as a CQB sight, and ignoring the BDC function.

That's is obviously the answer, since the graduations won't match anything and won't be of any help anyway.

The people at Knight's should provide the angular come ups between the various distance settings, at one or two different sight radius, with a recommended eye relief. IF you mount the BUIS this way, with this info you could estimate the real zero distance of each setting with a given load.

I bought the SR25ER and put a M110 stock and Mk11 can on it.
It's won't cycle unsuppressed. I just posted some videos of it short stroking.
Hopefully KAC will fix it right the this time. It's already been back to KAC once and it's worse now than before.
Really disappointed in Knights right now. Been trying to call them all day and no one will answer the phone.
I sent an email out today as well with no response. Granted it hans't been very long since I sent the email, but I cc'd 4 KAC employees on it. You would think one of them would have responded by now. Does anyone know a number to call that they will actually answer?